Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why do you collect? - Minitokyo

Why do you collect?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 54 total items

There has been several posts on what people like to collect. However, I have yet to see any post on why you want to collect. So my question is why do people want to collect things? Is it for pure enjoyment or are you collecting so that whatever you collect may appreciate in value and you'll sell it at a later time for a profit. ^_^'

I like to collect Japanese anime posters the older the better. Today's Japanese anime posters are largely done on CG and it does not look as good. The older anime posters are drawn by hand and some of them are quite good to look as an art. I enjoy collecting posters because I never know what I will stumble across during my search. Japanese tend to throw away their posters once the movie or series are over and very few goes outside of Japan to another country but if you're fortunate enough to live in an area where anime is popular and if you enjoy the thrill of hunt then you will find a rare and old Japanese anime posters. Of course, some posters are quite pricy. What posters I have I bought to keep for my enjoyment. ^_^'

y do i collect ? i collcted a lot of staff back there ! i collected diif shape of rubber ! collected diff kind of tissue pack ! collected old coins ! stamps from diff country ! cute sticker ! even plastic bags i collect ! but just throw some of them away while others give it 2 some1 else who apreciated it ! because i am cleaning up my room ! ah answering back 2 ur question ! i collected it just 4 fun ! enjoyment ! i like 2 share with my frenz wat i have collected ! happy 2 c some1 who appreciate wat i have collected ! i don't ever think of selling them away 4 money ! if that person like it so much i will b happily giving it away ! other then that depends how much i love that thing ! if i really really like d thing very obviously i am not it giving away !

hahaha i collect because i got nothing better to do! :P but collecting stuffs is fun! I used to collect dolls but they freak me out later hahaha..but anyways I still keep them! >.< And I will never give away anything that I collected!

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

simply because they look nice and they add to my egoistically prided collection. even things like digital art, i found it great to have open up a file and see a million thumbnails (call me stupid for that) so yeah, the reason: too add up to the already huge collection (my computer is running low on space)

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Quote by Devildudesimply because they look nice and they add to my egoistically prided collection. even things like digital art, i found it great to have open up a file and see a million thumbnails (call me stupid for that) so yeah, the reason: too add up to the already huge collection (my computer is running low on space)

Egotiscally prided collection? I'm used to hearing proud of your collection but this sure is original. At least CG takes less space than anime poster collections. :D

Cybo

Never tell them everything!

Collecting for me usual starts with the purchase of something nice and then later seeing that there are more of it, so I buy those as well and eventually it comes to a point where I have a 'collection' of something and knowing that there a part or parts of this 'collection' of mine that I don't have yet, then it evolves into an obsession and not a collection anymore ... ^_^'

This is the case with Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Wars and BOME figurines.
I recently saw Sin City .. and I like the figurines .. so who knows, might be the birth of a new obsession for me.

Devildude .. I know what u mean by the thumbnails! I started collecting Anime pics on the net coz I wanted to learn to draw Anime and use the pics for help and reference. Now it is a MUST for me, if I see a nice Anime pic I must safe it in my obsessed collection.

If you come ... you will find me.

Like Devildude and Cybo, I also collect anime pictures. If it catches my eye I'll save it, and yes, my PC is also in need of memory.

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

*sratches head* I never thought about that before, but I usually collect anime stuff! It's fun collecting, because you get to enjoy all the goodies tored inside them! I just love anime! >_<

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Omg... such a good question.
I collect because I love the stuff that I collect! And unlike some collectors, I actually use the stuff I collect!
I collect any accessories that have the following on them:
- fishbones
- hands
- feet
I also collect The Nightmare Before Christmas stuff, Emily the Strange clothes and bags, and pencilboards. Yup, I use the pencilboards.

Brownie the Cat

Yup, the main reason people like to collect is because whatever you want to collect bring you pleasure. At least for me at one time I was so addicted in collecting my posters that I went into debt which was not so smart. ^_^'

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by sadotsuOmg... such a good question. I collect because I love the stuff that I collect! And unlike some collectors, I actually use the stuff I collect!

me too! i collect fake flowers because 1. they really make the room a lot brighter, 2. they don't die, and 3. because i use them for my creative projects. i decorated a pair of shoes for an Interior Design class with fake flowers... they were soooo cute! (i wish i'd had my digital camera with me then! ^_^')

Signature Image

interesting question....if you look at it, it`s true.some people collect weird stuff.
I like to collect thing strange, special.....for example, weird shapes of bottles...and I just like it
It`s not usefull, but I like it
and who knows, maybe it comes handy someday

Tiferet

Tiferet

????

well, we all have different reasons as to why we collect stuff, but i think it's obvious that what we all have in common is that we have an interest in what we collect, you know :)

i like collecting stamps, beanie babies, stuffed animals, seashells & magnets of japanese geishas because i like old or ancinet-looking things...why i collect beanie babies & stuffed animals...i'm not telling o.o

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." --Mae West
Signature

Hmmm... I like to collect Hello Kitty stuff and I have for 7 years (yes and that does mean since I was 6/7). I think its because I think its cute and it was different to everyone elses stuff so it was special. I got into a lot of trouble because of that, I didn't tell these snobby rich girls where the hello kitty shop was and well...0_0 I have collected for so long even I can't remember the real reason anymore. I also keep thousands of nice pictures of manga and anime and stuff on my computer ^_^;

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

gnXiahouDun

gnXiahouDun

General who Displays Firmness

My collection is quite strange in terms of images. I usually do not do it for myself. It is usually based on a need for some person/group. If that need is completely better filled by someone else or if I get bored/annoyed with the people involved, then I usually end up "retiring" from that collection unless some other group has the needed. For example, I have not collected images heavily for a long time until I joined MT. Now I collect like crazy to find something unique to post and give to people (much less now since my education is in full swing now). Don't get me completely wrong, I still generally collect just for myself and enjoy finding about new artists but it tends to become almost fanatical at times if there is a need for it somewhere.

This could be a complete delusion of mine though. Who knows what I'm really unconciously thinking.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. ~Confucius~

I like collecting any graphic stuff that looks nice to me XD
oh..I used to collect stamp n stickers when I was way younger...about 7 years ago...oh..and collect the latest movies XD

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

I collect books...just love them all so much! XD Seriously how could people not love books? I actually talked to people that say that they TCH get this...hate to read and reading is a waist of time...tch! Crazies! OX :nya:

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

I suppose I just have an obsession with my collection (books). Yes, I love to read, but it probably goes beyond that. I like to collect books I like as well as just read them, because I have some curious want (need?) to collect things with pages.

I collect pictures from Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. Why? Because they look cool and it's my all-time favorite anime.
I also collect coins with different pictures on them, and that's because I figure it'll be valuable someday.
Lastly I collect, Yugioh cards. I play the game and the cards look cool.

Kelena

Kelena

Pulchritudinous Solitudinarian

I collect manga. Well, specific ones because I don't like keeping something that I won't use, or look at again. I never really thought about it before, but now that I do, I guess because it's fun and I never really collected anything before.

It's a litte weird though because I'm always trying to simplify my life and get rid of things, but once I do I end up buying something else in it's place. XD

Quote by MilkiyoI like collecting any graphic stuff that looks nice to me XD
oh..I used to collect stamp n stickers when I was way younger...

Hehe exactly the same for me, I used to collect stickers and even stamps when I was young, it just feels really good to have a large collection of something that's all neat and in order. Now I collect great looking graphics, mainly anime stuff. In fact that's what brought me here in the first place :D

I collect books. But I don't have so many. More or less, 50. It may seem a lot to those who doesn't like to read. But if you love to read, it's not that much.

I've got Yugi cards, pictures off the internet, anime eps, PS2 games, DVDs....whatever strikes my fancy...I just like having something to work towards and to maintain an archive of the things I enjoy. It's like it's a way to leave a mark, even if it's only for a personal sense of accomplishment....kinda wierd, but it works for me.

HeartFulSkies

HeartFulSkies

Being a part of you~

I collect manga .. and cute pencils.. OH and stuffed pandas ^_^

Signature Image
Admin of: Hoteru-no-Shiki
Member of: celestial luminesse | nugeneration | fye-fans | colorfull-wallies | wings-lovers | free wallers | vectory

want a userpage designed by me? Please PM me if you do :o

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 54 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.