Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Was it worth being suspended for what I did? - Minitokyo

Was it worth being suspended for what I did?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 34 total items

Personally I think it woulda been better to lie until your "graduation" from middle school and then handed in an well written, elongated document about how terrible an experience being in the school really was. When you graduate they cant touch you =)

or you could just write a letter to the editor in a local paper (short) describing current conditions at that school for minorities and who knows maybe the news will do some investigating.

^but of course this would only help if you are in the clear.

I still want to read this essay.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by BankotsuInuyashasgirlIf black people, Hispanics--such as myself---or Asians, Indians or any other race not related to White/Caucasian, they get in 10x worse trouble for little petty things because the non-white kids are known to be "ghetto" and "living in the hood" which to the ignorrant people ==>troublemakers. It sucks.

Racism is not an uncommon issue in our everyday lives. In fact, because people who are not white/caucasian are considered to be people who cause the most trouble on the streets, preferences seemed to have gone towards white/caucasian people for many things such as jobs, relationships, or other societal liberties. They are unfortunately afraid for others because of what they may do based on statistics or even the media. It's not necessarily that they grew up to be "ghetto" or "living in the hood", but it's more because they grew up in poverty and are not as wealthy as others especially the whites. Oftentimes, they're more on the streets because the parents didn't care for their upbringings, and they learn about having street cred by being with others who are in similar fit. When the media obtains enough data about these scenarios, it's recorded and broadcasted to many other people and they get these implications to eventually single out everyone of a whole race for the few who are part of a negative happenstance.

Back to the topic...students should be able to give criticism towards the morals of the school in order to improve the means of efficiency. Without criticism there is no improvement, and without improvement there will further only be complaints. Considering that the woman who suspended you was about 2 weeks into her new position, perhaps she was taking it a little bit too seriously instead of being more lenient about the circumstances. Moreover, it's the responsibility of the officials to make sure that the students are comfortable in their environment, and this is something that was not fulfilled. Only the students know what is going on in the school, so they should make the difference. Your suspension was unnecessary and it just further shows that they are defensive about their personal or educational morals.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

MrKarl

MrKarl

From the ashes, reborn.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!?! What kind of justice is that?!? You know in court it's a crime to lie. It's called PERJURY! To me, that is COMPLETELY out of line. I absolutely hate the government (which includes military) of the U.S.A. Then again, I'm not the only one...

What's so funny about Peace, Love and Understanding?

You spoke your mind without fear of the consequences. Can't really see anything wrong with that. I agree with SilentMasamune that criticism needs to be given in order to improve things. Obviously you didn't like many things about your school, and you pointed out the areas the school is weak in.

However, I think you forgot to take into account the fact that adults hate being told that they are wrong or they're not doing something right, especially by kids. Also, adults don't give a damn if they take away kid's rights. The bottom line is, if you cahllenge their power in even the slightest way, they'll do whatever they want to you.

If you continue to offer criticism to the school in order for it to improve and nothing sill gets accomplished, my advice is to simply change schools. No sense in staying on a sinking ship. If you believe that what you did was right, then that's good enough, and it was worth it.

This type of situation reminds me of some words of wisdom shared by a friend of mine...
"When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty."

do you have a copy of your essay...it would depend on really what you wrote...if you made remarks that could be construed as threatening, then the suspension, albeit harsh, would be mandated because we live in a country where over reaction is the norm..so, you got busted because the whole country is in a constant state of panic....

and by the way, the midwest united states have more racist groups then the south....just so everyone knows...northeast ohio has about fifty groups that are racially motivated, white groups, black groups, and hispanic groups...and thats just in three counties:(

Well i would of just shut up and take it like a man
I know school is always a !
I hate it but if you be one of those ppl who dont say anything in class the teacher ! at you less and you dont get nothing
so is it worth it naa i wouldnt done it but get suspended with with them thats jsut like a day or two of detention at my school

I think it was great that you wrote what you really felt and spoke your mind and didn't back down when you got called to the office. You did something most people would never do. You got my props. Though its real f'd up that you got suspended for that. If I did that and got called to the office, chances are I would have gone off on them as soon as the first sentence left their mouth. Because I have a problem with people at school telling me how I should act and what I should have done and stuff like that. Though they never had to cuz I never really did anything to piss them off, except for my excessive talking in class, my daily naps and drawing anime/manga characters as well as reading manga in class when I should be doing their work as they say. Then I tell them I already finsihed it and they just shut up right away and go back to their desk; man I love when they shut up. Some teachers didn't like me and thought I wouldn't graduate with a good rank cuz I didn't pay attention to what they were saying. I didn't listen because I knew everything they were saying already. Truth is I've always been 3 to 5 grades ahead of my current grade level. So when I was a senior I was already at high college level. So when I graduated with honors and ranked 26 out of 300 that sure shut those that doubted me up. I could have graduated with high honors and been valedictorian but I got real lazy during my junior year and that continued through my senior year, so honors is what I came out with. To make a long story short just graduate with a good rank and that will show all those sorry teachers that your better than what they think you are. And it will show them that those who speak their mind can make it better than those who just do things so they can stay on the authorities good side.

Hey. As long as it had a good intro, body and conclusion I think they should have marked it as a proper essay.

And I'd just like to comment on the lame topic they gave you. A literature essay is supposed to be about stating your own perspective on a particular topic, and then bringing forth your argument to back it. In modern literature, even though you took a resistant view, you cannot be considered as 'wrong' -especially on such a bogus topic. It seems to me that your school -where racism is occurent- is very much stuck in the past.

I think you'd be better off at home than at the school you're in.

Jakkals

Jakkals

The Angel of Death.

I might lose controll of myself if they drag my family into the matter, and beat the crap outa them. ~_~

And if I get expelled for a reason like that, I'll just see it as a well deserved holiday. ^_^'

Anyway, I think that it was unreasonable for them to expell you for that, and not allowing you to defend yourself. And if so many people got expelled for the same reason, I think that they should do something about the school itself.

Signature

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 34 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.