Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Merged posts? - Minitokyo

Merged posts?

page 1 of 1 4 total items

I apologize if this is answered in one of the guide threads, but doing a search on the subject just spat out a lot of actual "merged posts" rather than information about them

I recently noticed the new "merged posts" function...which I assume links new posts that someone made to an older post they made in the same place.

My question is...whether these merged posts could also have notifications because I repeatedly find myself overlooking the added information since it is usually stuck to the bottom of a post which I glance over...or at least something that makes it clearer when a post has had merged information added to it

Also...just for info...is there a guideline to when/where posts automatically merge?
Is it only when your post was the last post in that place or is based on time...something else?
Since this seems to be automatic rather than intentional...like updating posts...

Thanks in advance for any help...

Andulien

Andulien

~Dark Angel~

The post is only Merged if you were the last one who posted, if not then it will not be merged.

For the Notification, I think there was already a post but I haven't found it so...
I'm also agreeing with you, there should be a Notification if you post another post and this one is merged.

Signature Image
Proud Creator & Administrator of:
.::Love-to-Stars::.
If you love watching the Stars or night sky than this is the right group for you.

Thanks for the info Andulien...here's my hoping that an admin will consider adding the notification :)

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

I believe the merged posts were to prevent double posting, and it seems to be effective since I haven't seen a double post since. Though the great improvements in server speed might also have a big hand in that. It only happens when you post twice in a row in the same thread IIRC.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.