Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Love Hina- Manga or TV series? - Minitokyo

Love Hina- Manga or TV series?

Tagged under Love Hina

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

CHC999

CHC999

"I want her to be alway happy"

Which one do you think is better? The manga series or the TV series?

Personally I think the manga series is better, the story is more detail, more funny, it has alot of things the TV series dont (well goes for the other way as well), but more importantly the manga pays more attention in the development of the relationship between Kei and Naru, which is the whole idea of the manga.

Signature

Manga>Anime

Signature

anime

merged: 12-22-2005 ~ 10:26pm
is any thing going to happen between kei and naru

kagirinai

kagirinai

Lacus addict~!! XD

I've not finished reading the manga but it's already obvious to me that the manga is much more detailed than the anime, therefore manga>anime XD

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

tokyomichael

tokyomichael

Japan's Best Samurai

well i don't know i like them both but they both got there pros and cons ... manga blk and white longer and more detail anime is in color but shorter and less detal

conslusioin

anime: get the main picture but not to much in fo
manga : get a more indepth picture and idea

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

@jnewberg7
you havent read the manga right? :P

CHC999

CHC999

Quote by JesseBenBenjamin@jnewberg7
you havent read the manga right? :P

Thats their usual reaction, when they havent read the manga version. Ihave a friend who said the same thing but after he read the manga, he changed his mind

Signature

manga's better than the anime.
even with all the OVAs, the anime is still incomplete and the manga is funnier.

If you can't see the point... get a new POV...
Signature Image

CHC999

CHC999

Quote by quickbrownfoxmanga's better than the anime.
even with all the OVAs, the anime is still incomplete and the manga is funnier.

I totally agree, the musics in the anime arnt that good anyway

Signature

shikigami

shikigami

~chinjun no kami~

manga forever

g-money

Shadowhite of G...

More in depth than most of the comments here, perhaps the greatest reason why people favor the manga over the anime is the fact that the anime ending seems to be hanging... what happened to Keitaro and Naru getting married? I'll agree that the art in the manga is slightly better, but the plots were both interesting in the manga and the anime. Plus, the anime introduces new characters that spice the story up such as Kentaro, the old men, and Amalla Su and her brother. Each has their own pluses and minuses, but I still say the manga is better, hands down while the anime is quite enjoyable as well.

dark-spider

Dark-spider society

Big up for Manga Tv =)

AyuTateishi

AyuTateishi

Passionate Anime Lover

I like the manga.

definetly the manga

I think the manga is better, since it actually goes farther than the anime and it gives a better ending than the one in the anime.

Signature Image

I was reading a lot of comments about how the manga of Love Hina was better than the anime. And while that did not really surprise me cos most 'original material' are better anyway.

But since I have both the manga and anime on hand, I tried something which I have not done before in all my yrs of reading manga and watching anime.

I did both for Love Hina concurrently. And while I haven't finished both the anime (ep 8) or the manga (book #2), it was already apparent that the manga was way superior to the anime. The thing I usually hate with adapaption is the liberty and the causual nature in which the animators changed the story.

[Some spoilers ahead]

1) The girls dun really need Kietaro to be the manager of the dorm (as it was infered in the anime). In fact his grandmother has left the inn a yr ago. And he was no summoned to the inn by his grandmother to be the manager either.

2) And Shinobu was already staying at the inn when Kietaro arrives in the manga and not later on as in the anime where she decides to stay instead of going with his mother.

3) Motoko did not leave the decision of having Kietaro staying as the manager entirely in the hand of Naru.

4) I'm still not sure if Mutsumi is a character in the manga.

5) Nuru and Keitaro did not go on a trip to Kyoto together.

And if this was from 1/7 of the manga and 1/3 of the anime, I'm sure I can probably spot a lot more difference as the series progress.

Some of you may say I'm being too much of a purist of nitpicking. Maybe. I always know that an adaptation will never measure up to the original source but I think they change the story way too much for Love Hina.

So I will have to say that the manga is definitely way better than the anime.

CHC999

CHC999

I totally agree. mutsumi indeed a character in the manga, quite a big part in some events.

What I dont like about the anime:
Too many lose ends- what happen to Kei and his promise girl (naru in the manga, in the anime its unclear), Tokyo U (Just saying "he got into TU next spring, or so we hope" is just bad ending)
The drawing is just not as good as the manga- everyone looks fatter, thicker necks, just doesnt look good (cant really blame them they are not the drawer), and why did they change the hair colour anyway I rather think the manga hair looks better

But basically why I dont like the anime are the lose ends, they basically stop midway and end there and give a very lame ending.

"Kei got into TU next spring...or so we hope"
WHAT KINDA LAME ENDING IS THAT!

Signature

AyuTateishi

AyuTateishi

Passionate Anime Lover

I like the manga more.

Quote by darkbat

4) I'm still not sure if Mutsumi is a character in the manga.

5) Nuru and Keitaro did not go on a trip to Kyoto together.

Oh.. bummer.. I just took a flip through Vol 3 of the manga and realised that Mutsumi is indeed a character in the manga and Nuru & Keitaro did go on a trip to Kyoto together after failing their Tokyo U Entrance Exam.

CHC999

CHC999

Yes Naru and Kei did but it was an accident, they didnt plan it. They bumped into each other after failing the exam and both went for a "self searching" or whatever its call trip.

Signature

I rather go with the show it's better detail and instead of having to think whats happening it's easier to just see it.

The manga covers even further than the OVA "Love Hina Again" which is the continuation of the anime... If one loves the anime already, he would love the manga tenfold! All fans should read the manga, as the manga reveals the complete story of the series... The chapter were all the cwharacters have grown up shouldn't be missed!

dooh... the anime is only good, the manga is tottaly awesome among the best ever. so yes the manga is way better

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Please don't bump old threads. If a thread is more then 4 weeks old it should be left alone. If you'd like a new thread can be created.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.