Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Have you ever felt that love is a competition? - Minitokyo

Have you ever felt that love is a competition?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

We all have felt love one time, havent we? But have you ever felt that love suddenly became a race, where you have to be the best person so the girl/boy will like you. That you have to be the winner. Well... I have felt it, and its not so fun. So I wonder if others have felt the same way.

Love is not a competition. You should just be yourself.

Signature Image

jaam0927

Live with honor, die with glory.

at the begining of the relatyionship maybe.... because u have to win her in a way.... but later on no... if someone loves u it shoul be for who u r....

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

yea i agree with jaam0927. People love each other for who they are and not wat they look like. Thats wat makes a relationship strong. If people would only love someone for wat they look like then they dont know wat it means to love or be loved. It all depends on how u feel about that person. No one has the right to tell you other wise.

Signature Image

yeah..it's really frustrating..I saw it happen with the other two guys =.=

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

reenat

Hello

yehs...when i found out my crush liked someone else i was hurt and tried to win him over, then i found out that the girl that he liked didnt like him back...so i was a bit happier..

Life is like a boat :P

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

I understand what you day :sweat:
It happened to me recently. I liked someone and he liked another girl, and I felt that i had to compete with her, and she used to be one of my best friends...I felt like i was gonna win >_< but now i'm out of the race... -_- :\
Love shouldn't be a competiton... actually, if it was real love, there wouldn't be necessary to compete... :o did i really say that? ^_^'

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

Zasshirou

Zasshirou

Smartass whippersnapper

I haven't seen any love competitions in my life. I think that there's no such thing, if a girl I like loves another I wouldn't be competing with the other one, I'd respect her feelings towards the other. Maybe it's kind of harsh if you're really hooked up with someone and you don't get any feelings in return, but hey that's life and it goes on no matter what.

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

Like they say, "Everything's fair in love and war." It is meant to be a competiton. Not that I've seen any...or fallen in love yet.

ueon

ueon

Think outside the class...

not really, but I know it is.

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I'm not so sure about a race but i've felt it as a challenge before....like a test of something rather. I've got this one girl who i use to like, she always played hot and cold with me and made me do things for her here and there. Well a year later she's still playing and i think she still likes me but i haven't turned around and told her i'm over being played like a toy. I dunno if i was suppose to be proving somethng to her but it reached the point of disrespect.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Darktekya

Darktekya

Anime Lover

I don't think so, I believe that you should effor if the person you love or like do feel the same about you. The "race" part of that is the efforts you do to express this love. Unfortunately sometimes becomes a race when more than one person gets in the way, but remember that decision is what really matters. So with love things decision is what is requeried.

Can sin be forgiven? Cloud Strife

Cammie

Cammie

Yurikitten

Ive only loved one person ever. and i didnt have to compete to get her <_<

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

Yes, becasue when you see the girl/guy that you like (but haven't told that you do) talking & laughing at somone elses jokes (antics etc.) And not yours don't you feel that you lost "the competition". I do.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

Yehs most of the time someone i know will like the same guy as me.
But its fun to have competition...coz then u have like a goal i guess that no one else can reach.

\(^o^)/

cyberfrogX

cyberfrogX

Malik-Aru

Seeing as I notice the competion behavior in mostly younger subjects... as it seems to get rarer with age... I'm going to conclude that the younger the person, the more infused their love is with passion. It's not nessessarly the love that causes that competition, it is the fresh passion of having someone hold a special place in your heart. I'm not saying it dosen't happen amoung older people, cause it does, but rather that love is something that takes a while to build... I personally don't believe it can just happen. Love grows from other emotions of attachment. If you are friends with someone and you keep growing closer, there is a good possiblity of a friendly love developing there. If you're in a romantic relationship the base feeling of attration, whether it be a passion developed from afar, or a friendship that turned into somelse, eventually developes love. This development is never complete, as we can keep growing in love, but as it progresses it becomes more pure. Certain people develop it faster than others too.

i think... to "win" the person we love is natural... everybody wants to love and to be loved and that's normal. but it become wrong when the person whom you loves doesn't reply you and choose other, i think i gonna retreat (that... if i think that person is good enough so that he could improve himself more). but i think it's normal... ^_^

melissa-clyne

feel the music...

I've never had a realition ship before like having a boyfriend... but I've loved the same guy like for 2 years and I'm always talking to him and being nice and being my self but really know I think I have to give up because I'm really tired about it ... so I really think it is kind of a race

Don't be sad because it finished, be happy because it happened...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

x-gear

x-gear

Running away...

yea...out there is like a battlefield...seek n destroy...u hav to fight in order to get what u want

What is it?

Seiba

Seiba

kwe!

-.-U i think that the one you love, must acept you the way you are, so you dont have to pretend to be another person, etc..

p.d. sorry if my english sucks :/

mehh! x3~

love as a compotition.... either way I have no chance at it... that simple

DiamondMaX

DiamondMaX

Oh Captain, My Captain

of course. love and in general all life is a competition. Through instincts installed in your memory since before the birth of your physical being life and love are both an opprutunity to reproduce and repopulate the world. Life...seems to be filled with snippets of complex information, conspiracy etc. But the underlying truth is that we have advanced from animal instinct only to the point where we can control under circumstance our subconcious

Anime is what makes the world go 'round. : )
Plus Computers and good ol' green backs

It depends on what type of person you are. IF you're one of the laid back type of person, then generally love shouldn't be a competition. But if you're a person that feels the need to be ontop of practically everything he/she does (like me) then yes. Love can be a competition. It like this, you either in a relationship or you're not. You either win or you lose, there is no two ways about it and its either you beat the person to it or you get beaten. For me though it doesn't matter as I'm the kind of person not to force the issue. If you don't want to go out with me, then that's find with me, I'll just move on with my life (maybe after a couple of days of depression depending on how much emotion I put into it) and find another person to go out with.
To answer the other question, of course it's fun to win. Nobody likes losing and you get a sense of being wanted by someone.

In order to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. This is the first law of equivalent exchange

Davinator61

Davinator61

Inquisitor Lord, Ordo Malleus

Genuine love is not a competition but a state of being in which those you care about know you love them unconditionally.

For the enemies of Humanity are many, chief amongst them being the Minions of Chaos & the foul Daemons of the Warp. Signature

zimmer

zimmer

uk.myspace.com/zairidesign

I love my family =]
There's no competition in that =D

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.