Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My Images Being Deleted - Minitokyo

My Images Being Deleted

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

About 10 of my images have been deleted in the past week or so I am guessing it is because of all the ones that have been corrupted. That is fair enough but what really gets me is the fact is that these images have been deleted before I have had any notification that they were damaged or gone in the first place. I would like to make a suggestion that at the very least give the people some warning so that they can at least reupload the images for everyone. I hope you can take this into cosideration for the future.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

The truth of the matter is that members were using up credits on corrupted images and it was getting bothersome to spend credits on images that wouldn't show. It was considered a fast-acting task so other members who browse the gallery wouldn't lose their credits the same way. I believe that this was news once before and that the gallery items had to be purged several days after the announcement.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

currently member somebodyelse is on a project to wipe out Pwned images in the gallery, so expect that to happen, but yes, I agree there should be a warning, most of the old images are deleted without notification, perhaps there can be one?

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Hey, sorry I've not been able to reply to you sooner.

There's been (guesses) hundreds of reports coming in over the last few weeks about 'pwned' images. It's possible that yours were deleted in a mass purge, which is sad because (as you say) you weren't given the chance to re-upload those images... and of course then it costs ou credits to upload them again.

It really is a case of volume though. The other day there were about 5 pages of reports made regarding pwned scans. That was probably a hundred scans that were costing other members credits to discover that they weren't working.

But on the other end of the scale, there's something to be said about the care-taking of your own galleries. I'm not tring to shift the finger of blame, but a general reminder needs to go out to people that they are still responsible for their scans & walls regardless of whether they are 2 days or 35 weeks old. Don't forget, these were probably scans that haven't been working for months...

With the new credit system, people are paying for a broken download, which means that nobody is happy with the situation. Requests are being given by PM to members to re-upload/Update their broken images. Unfortunately it does seem that lots are still being lost without prejudice due to the sheer volume of the reports coming through.

Deepest apologies that you have had your gallery pruned like this. Please hold no grudge in re-uploading the missing images & do remember that there is the free download quota to help ease the loss of credits that you are losing in the upload process. I know it's a small silver lining, but at least there is one.

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

GolgoXIII-

Basically what the ones above me said. (I made an announcement here: Announcement: My "pwn3d" purge project So yeah, that was probably me. I tried to send some notifications under the table to some members, but I went through about 1,200 reports in a week or so, so the volume just didn't allow for notifying everybody, which was a shame because some of the stuff was pretty good.

BTW, was your stuff in question deleted entirely, or just quarantined? If they're being entirely deleted, then I agree, they should be quarantined first to give folks like you a chance to update the stuff before it vanishes into the ether completely. Like I said in my blurb, it really hurt to report some of the stuff that looked really awesome, but those links _were_ broken... So anyway since I'm starting to ramble, I apologize for any inconvenience. Try not to hate me _too_ much!

And Merry Christmas to you and yours by the way!
:pacman:

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.