Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Military draft (join or jail) - Minitokyo

Military draft (join or jail)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

There seems to an effect going on with terrorism. It goes up or down depending on what people do. If a community rebuilds, terrorist will strike or if they hide in fear, terrorist fight American soldiers instead. The war on terror is deteriorating but that does not mean that it's all over. Who knows, maybe we'll end up fighting a full scale war. That means new disposable fronts (soldiers). If you were drafted to fight in the Middle East, would you accept in regards to your country or refuse and end up in jail?

If I were drafted, I would go but I would be terrified. You'll never know when you'll end up x_x

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

Firstly I don't think a draft would ever be put forward to fight "terrorism." However if your meaning going to war for the benifiet of a country, I would have to say no. Besides Terrorism doesn't really strike a ring to do with military, seems more of a spy vs spy thing. just my personal opinion tho

If I dont sign up myself I dont believe in the cause. so if they ever did a "forced" draft I would be in jail I suppose.

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Besides, the "Draft" is dead. You are looking at a volunteer military now. If you don't join, so what? There are ten people ready to take your place! Just remember when it is all over and the heros return home, don't say you was a part of it............

Because you weren't.

People confuse the military with "trigger pullers". There are jobs in the military that coincide with civilian jobs. Good thing about it is that you don't have to compete for the position as if you was in the civilian sector. And you don't have to suck balls to get promoted! (to some people, brown-nosing comes naturally) With most of these positions, you will never see combat, unless you get lost and wind up sleeping with the enemy!

But hey, its all about choice. You wanna run, run. We aren't looking for cowards, we want people who have kahunas and volunteer rather than have someone kicking and screaming.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

Quote by WingPilot The ranking system (private, liuetanant,etc) is unnecessary.

Spoken like someone who's never been around the military. The ranking system is to maintain discipline, without which, strength is meaningless.

Power without discipline turns rapidly to cruelty.

And rank and following the chain of command is the first and most important step to acheiving that discipline.

Well spoken bweb. Rank is meant to help foster displine and cohesiveness in the Armed Forces.

Rank has a secondary purpose in todays military aswell....it helps determine your pay. Bsic pay is based on your pay grade (which corresponds with your rank) and how long you have been in the service.

I regards to the Draft, even in this war on terrorism, I doubt the need to constript large numbers of people to fill in the ranks will ever emerge. However, if asked to serve, I will do so.

Signature
	Image[/img]

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Quote by bweb

Quote by WingPilot The ranking system (private, liuetanant,etc) is unnecessary.

Spoken like someone who's never been around the military. The ranking system is to maintain discipline, without which, strength is meaningless.

Power without discipline turns rapidly to cruelty.

And rank and following the chain of command is the first and most important step to acheiving that discipline.

WingPilot......Bweb is right. What good is rank if you don't respect someone who is more experienced than you? That is lack of discipline. And that lack of discipline is what can get you killed. Yeah, it sucks to take orders from a idiot, but the baka outranks you for a reason. Maybe he has been in long enough and took too many shots to the head, or the lights in his crainum went out (or already dim to begin with), but nevertheless, he outrank you. That is when you focus yourself and learn so that one day you will outrank him.

Trust me.....I been playing this game too long already. I can't wait to retire from it........ XP

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

Quote by LigerZSchnider

Trust me.....I been playing this game too long already. I can't wait to retire from it........ XP

I'd be right there alongside you, Liger, save for the fact that when I tried to join they refused me on the basis of my eyesight. Without glasses, I'm legally blind, so they said they couldn't use me.

I've been around the military all my life. My Dad was in the Air Force for twenty-five years, and he does support work now that he's "retired". I've lived in foreign lands, and I've lived on military bases around the world and this nation.

Personally, I don't think there should be a draft. I think military service should be mandatory for all citizens for at least four years. Maybe we wouldn't have so many smartmouth punks flapping their ignorant lips about things they know nothing about once they've had to live the life and experience the responsibility for themselves.

The states and "terrorists" relationship has been all to friendly and see who we can use to further their own ideals. its like playing with fire they were going to get burned sometime. During the Gulf-war America supplied Anthrax to Iraq to help them win the war against Iran. weapons bought by Iraq from the US was somewhere around 20 billion dollars which to me is a significant amount of money.

Don't get me wrong taking harmful substances away from bad people is a good thing and I completely agree with it, just dont give it to them to play with in the first place. and then to not find any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, what a dissaster.

interesting read about al-Qaeda

basically what am I saying? Anything said about stopping Terrorists by the Bush administration isnt a reason to go out and sign up for the army. but of course feel free to disagree, I think almost every patriotic american should.

jaam0927

Live with honor, die with glory.

I would go..... I mean we all know the terrorist who ever this ppl are attack the country, inocent ppl died.... and it doesnt matter if they r terrorist or what ever if they attaked my country Ill go to war, just with the simple fact in mind that that in an attack they could kill a loved one... so Ill go prefer to fight and die than to see a loved one die when u could have done something.

I would join only if a loved one was killed, Would I join just to join?Nope.

I have citzenship in other countries so I wouldn't have to go to jail, But If I didn't... Yeah I would go to jail or go to the mountains or something hide out.

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

I would never join the military. I just abhor that (by what I heard) America has this law that you have to sign up (not necessary to be in the military) when you are 18 or get jailed or fined (even if you are a green card holder or so). I am not sure if this is true and exact. That is all of what I heard.

SplinterCell

SplinterCell

Merooow.

I have Asthma and it seams the military frowns upon that. So I can't join. But I would have loved to travel (even if it is with training). I wouldn't want to fight in a war though. Esspecially the current one which smells like revenge and oil to me. But I do respect our troops that are over their though. May god bless them.

Signature Image

Quote by ShokuI would never join the military. I just abhor that (by what I heard) America has this law that you have to sign up (not necessary to be in the military) when you are 18 or get jailed or fined (even if you are a green card holder or so). I am not sure if this is true and exact. That is all of what I heard.

It's called Selective Service, and it was put in place during World War I, reinstituted in World War II, and used again in Korea and Vietnam, before the draft was cancelled.

And it's a waste of taxpayer dollars. The Democrats inititated the program during the World Wars, and they've never killed it.
Then the Democrats insist that President Bush wants to bring back the draft. But the person who put out a bill to do so was Charlie Rangel (D) New York. So they put the bill out, then say that it's President Bush who wants to do it.

Guess what. The draft won't be back, because any politician who votes it back in can kiss his seat in the House or Senate goodbye. He'd be voted out faster than you can say "Damn, that was stupid."
The Democrats use the Draft as a scare tactic, and waste taxpayer money maintaining Selective Service registration that will never be used.

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

goin to jail here
i would never support a war against my will

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

Odysseus

Odysseus

Still searching...

When I turn eighteen I have to go through this whole court process about how, if there is ever a draft, I'm exempt because I'm a minister. However if they ever decided on a draft, and for whatever reason decided to revoke the minister exemption, then they can throw me in prison. I refuse to go against the law of my God.

Quote by OdysseusWhen I turn eighteen I have to go through this whole court process about how, if there is ever a draft, I'm exempt because I'm a minister. However if they ever decided on a draft, and for whatever reason decided to revoke the minister exemption, then they can throw me in prison. I refuse to go against the law of my God.

If they ever asked you to, this would no longer be America. It would be a hellish place where religious freedom meant nothing. And I would stand firm against such a thing, because asking someone to violate their Faith is a crime against all humanity, not just one individual.

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

i would accept, assuming that i would be physically sound to do so

i would be proud to serve in the military

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

I would go, as a matter of fact, I am thinking of applying our peace forces once my military duty at home is over. But it is hard to get in and some people who stands me near would probably not like it at all. Does not sound like it now anyway.
What is it? Stop the hostile military before they shoot civlians? Would be more than happy to. In my country we look at it from an UN-perspective. Keep the peace with armed forces.

THERE WILL NOT BE A DRAFT.
Just clarifying that.

I am a soldier in the US Army, thus I can not be drafted. I'm already in ^_^. But even if I wasn't, I'd go voluntarily. I was born here and I love this country; the least I can do is protect it.

To those saying they rather go to jail; I don't think you deserve to live here. If you live in a country, and it calls on you to help defend it, the least you can do is answer that call. After all, for years it provided you with protection. For you to turn around and shove it in their face is cowardly in my book.

Also, don't get too comfy with the idea of "going to jail". The jails will be overflowing with cowards. They'll just toss you into basic like everybody else. Resist and you'll get kicked around. You'll soon learn that drill sergeants are not to be messed with.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as being harsh, but I'm absolutely ashamed of some of you.

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

Quote: To those saying they rather go to jail; I don't think you deserve to live here. If you live in a country, and it calls on you to help defend it, the least you can do is answer that call. After all, for years it provided you with protection. For you to turn around and shove it in their face is cowardly in my book.

i completely agree; i would volunteer, but i've got physical asthma and anemia T_T

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

ClockWorkDragon

ClockWorkDragon

King Of Fools

Being legally allowed to shoot and kill people?! Count me in.

Sure I’d be scared who wouldent at first. Just give it a while and your survival instinct will kick in. Even if you fight in a pointless war you will still wish to live and kill the enemy rite?

I Don't Won't No Trouble

I would never allow myself to be forced into a military, regardless of circumstance.

Quote by SekiRyuu
i completely agree; i would volunteer, but i've got physical asthma and anemia T_T

Good for you, and I'm being serious. I've met a lot of people who are unfortunately unable to join due to medical reasons. It's sad, and I wish the military could do more to accommodate you guys. Some of the best potential soldiers are being turned away.

Zyndarius

Zyndarius

Sage of the Five Paths

i think that the military draft should be only voluntary, the fact that the thing being an obligation in several countries means for many young boys a terrible nightmare, signing papers, doing diligences, and losing your time only to get you out of the damm thing.

"Every spilled tear, feeds the roots, of a tree which the heavens will reach."

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.