Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Weather going crazy. Is it man's fault? - Minitokyo

Weather going crazy. Is it man's fault?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 47 total items

Zasshirou

Zasshirou

Smartass whippersnapper

It isn't entirelly man's fault because there is natural greenhouse gas, the only thing is that humans are making it far more effective than it's supposed to be by using fossil carbons. The climate will still be warming even if all of our greenhouse effect causing origins are eliminated, and there would still be increasing amount of hurricanes and other natures threats to human. World changes and we've really got no other ways to survive it but fight for our lives, as we've done so far. (What kind of crap did I compose... xD)

angelicfairie

angelicfairie

There Is Still Hope

i believe that it is man's fault for the weather changes. i mean dag can man become more destructive. i think soo lol
i just be still hoping that they'd all see what matters most and stuff.
hey why don't you all spread the word about this in a creative way.

Signature Image

Err, nature is never in equilibrium. For example,weather systems themselves are caused by differental heating (warm air trying move into comparatively cooler regions, thus an inbalance in air temps exist). Same can be said about plate tectonics and our planet's volcanic activity, cause in part by the heat escaping the inner depths of the Earth. Even the universe as we know is speculated to have been brought about by more matter than anti-matter being present in the few moments after the Big Bang.

Signature
	Image[/img]

All I can say as individual is that I try not to ask for plastic bags at shops, don't litter and I put the right things in the recycling bin. Oh and I catch public transport as an alternative to mum driving me places.

Yeah of course.
Humans hav destoryed the enviorment for way~ too long.
Everything in the world that's wrong is human's fault.
If you think the world without humans, there wouldn't be pollution, and hole in the ozone, etc.
The world would be much peaceful without humans

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

So say that a burst of deadly radiation from the far reachs of the universe engulfs half the planet, sterilizing that side of all life.....somethings obvious wrong with the planet then.....Is that mans fault too?!

Signature
	Image[/img]

australia's average temperature for 2005 was more than 1dC higher than 2004... may not sound like much but it's enough to change the wildlife around here...

one of the biggest tourist destinations in my state is the great barrier reef... with the tiny rise in ocean temperatures, we're getting coral bleaching where everything just turns white and this happens over the course of weeks, not years... how unfortunate for the local tourim industry...

i mean sure the temperature changes can occur naturally from solar winds, natural temperature fluctuations, pollution caused by bushfires and volcanos... but i'm sure man played a part too, and i'm sure you'll agree if you ever visit shanghai or beijing... some days visibility is only a few blocks because of all the smoke...

chepe

chepe

chepe

Yeah, it's supose to be winter, we are on a hot, dry weather

It didn't rain for months in various regions of Argentina, fulfilling the predictions of cientifics of global heating.

merged: 01-05-2006 ~ 10:36pm
It didn't rain for months in various regions of Argentina, fulfilling the predictions of cientifics of global heating.

merged: 01-05-2006 ~ 10:38pm

merged: 01-05-2006 ~ 10:38pm

Global heating is happening.

merged: 01-05-2006 ~ 11:09pm

Global heating is happening.

ueon

ueon

Think outside the class...

no it is not mans fault, but man did alot to effect the current outcomes. We are one of the factoring causes.

Ok... sigh ... firstly to clear this up global warming and ozone layer ARE NOT RELATED... sigh.... secondly.. 1degree celsius is ALOT of a year i mean A LOT... next global warming occurs naturally or global cooling.. but cutting down trees and releasing CO2 from factories , cars, the whole use of coal is enhancing global warming . Why ? because the heat cant escape normally through the excess CO2 , well heat you know what that means ? ice melts.. water rises and ... floods. i suppose we can stop this. when you say its too late you're wrong.. its easy .. dont use electricity via burning of fossil fuels ( they're running out anyway ) . plant trees ( they use CO2 and release oxygen ) , the earth can cool down. LOL and sun ? is that a joke or what.... gravity pretty much explain it doesnt move closer to us

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

I think, the Earth is very moody. If the Earth would cool down, it will affect the current balance of weather, and crazy things would goin' to happen. I think, mankind can survive all of this with technic. Like makin' breathable oxigen artifically, build giant citys under the oceans, or dome citys on the surfaces. Extract energy from reactor, what functions through the Earth's Schumann resonance, etc. Humanity can do this all. But I agree that, the most important is our Earth, and as for first step, sunlight power stations, vehicles working with water, or CO2, use artifical materials instead of natural to build something, etc.

Unfortunately, sythetic materials require base elements in there manufacturing proccess. Until the day comes when we can assemble lose atoms into whatever materials we desire, our reliance on natural resoucres will remain.

Signature
	Image[/img]

The ice age darkangelcrisis is referring to is overdue according to the averages we have established (we being the scientific community, something I'm not a part of. yet.) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age

to quote THe Science of Diskworld : It would be ironic that man had inadvertently avoided a global ice age by polluting his environment.

a good book if you want to know about the origins of the universe, earth and biological life.

Quote by griffonUnfortunately, sythetic materials require base elements in there manufacturing proccess. Until the day comes when we can assemble lose atoms into whatever materials we desire, our reliance on natural resoucres will remain.

Yeah, there is a way to go, but I'm sure, humanity can do it. It's just matter of a little time. There is for example swiss electron booster-trigger ring. The swiss scientists have done a lot of interesting things there, like make useable material from basic principles: from atoms.

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Quote by mughiFor the 2005 year, weather has been very active and volatile. Some part of the world has been clobbered by unseasonably cold spell and snow. Other part of the world is exactly opposite with unseasonably warm temperature for the winter.

Weather pattern will always change but how much of this change was caused artificially by man? Had United States join the rest of the world in Kyoto Protocal, would it make big difference? I think China refused to join also and that country is going full speed in industrilization which means more pollution will be generated from that country down the road.

As for myself I hope the next president of United States will reverse course and United States will sign the Kyoto Protocal.

The estimate for the effectiveness of Kyoto is... ...That it would decrease the earth's temperatures by .6 degrees. ...Not much in the grand scheme of things, and that's given the assumption that anthropogenic CO2 emissions cause a "greenhouse effect"... ...Which considering the timeframe, seems to be considerably less real that it was propped up to be...

China is building a new coal-fired powerplant every 2 days. ...Which in itself isn't a horrible thing, except when you consider the opportunities that are being forfeited in the US due to environmental fanaticism. ...Reality is important. ...A strong and resourceful economy can better research new technologies, and provide better healthcare for people, particularly the poor. ...I hope that the next president will keep the future of the great United States and her people at heart, and not get caught up in unfounded hype.

Incidentally, if Kyoto was implemented it would have cost around 3.1 million USA jobs over 10 years...

bayumi

bayumi

Maybe its not all the mans fault. Our climate continue to change since ages ago. As far we all know pullutant back there are not worse than now. In my opinion we only make the nature change rapidly than it should be.

Humans have a feature called adaptability. But it wouldn't hurt to promote the scientictic too. Science is the root of that we are there, where are we, I think.

Quote by mughiFor the 2005 year, weather has been very active and volatile. Some part of the world has been clobbered by unseasonably cold spell and snow. Other part of the world is exactly opposite with unseasonably warm temperature for the winter.

Weather pattern will always change but how much of this change was caused artificially by man? Had United States join the rest of the world in Kyoto Protocal, would it make big difference? I think China refused to join also and that country is going full speed in industrilization which means more pollution will be generated from that country down the road.

As for myself I hope the next president of United States will reverse course and United States will sign the Kyoto Protocal.

The weather will always be unpredictable but I think that a lot of the changes we're seeing these days can be put down to mankind, we're doing a sterling job of polluting the planet and I really think it's started to catch up with us... mankind has been too greedy to think about looking at alternative sources of energy etc that we could use that would be less harmful to the environment because it was more expensive in the past despite the fact that they've been around for decades... the vast majority of governments have always tended to be very shortsighted when it comes to forking out money to try and do the "right" thing for the environment because this means more money which is unpopular with voters... it's only for example because oil prices have increased so much that the greener alternatives have become viable now but they have been available for quite a while, there's just been no incentive for governments to try and push them to get the public/petrol stations or carmakers to take it on board... we've always been polluters on this planet but personally I believe it only really took off when we had the Industrial Revolution and because the effects have been gradual, we've tended to ignore it and get on with our own agendas and now mother nature is making herself more vocal... not only have we been polluting the planet, to add insult to injury, we've been chopping down the rain forests and such which is just sheer stupidity in my mind. Mankind has always dragged its heels on making things better for the long-term, the Kyoto protocol may be filled with good intentions but did it come into effect too late? At any rate, it's a start and countries no longer have the luxury of burying their heads in the sand with regards to climate change etc we all need to work together to try and lessen the effects we're having on our planet... any changes made by us won't be felt for many years hence I should imagine but somewhere down the line they will be so it is worth trying to do something about it. I think we should try and help emerging powerhouses like China and India by giving them financial incentives to encourage them to take up more environmentally friendly ways of taking up their new places in the world order so to speak. We may not have known what we were doing as countries when we went through our own Industrial revolutions but we know better now and we're only now just beginning to reap our rewards where the environment is concerned... we should help out those other countries to do it in a much more environmentally friendly manner... we're always making progress on the science and technology side of things so we can make a difference to help lessen the environmental foot prints we leave behind us but this should go hand-in-hand with other such things such as pushing forward with more renewable energy, recycling and looking after what little is left of our rainforests etc we've got to try and think about the future generations and not just the here and now...

MasterFoot

MasterFoot

Protecter of the World Beyond

I know what it is, its the WEATHER MANS/WOMANS fault, all he has to do is keep predicting what that the weather will be normal and it will. I think he is up to something, after all those years of "The weather man is NEVER right" Muwahhhh. Theyre out to rule the world i know it
:Runs off screaming histerically into the wacky weather map:

i need a better Avatar....

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

We're just in a bad part of the solar cycle.
It's the sun's fault not man.
The sun works on a eleven year cycle and we're just in the first third of a cycle of strange weather.
Hang on because we got two thirds to go.

God I love Mother Nature!

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

Wrath-O-Fate

Twilight_Raven

We should start right now taking care of the enviroment and try to repair what we can. And find other source of energy instead of fossil fuel, Diesel and resorces. Maybe solor energy.

Mankind can guide its own destiny

Infact we has energy sources that we can tap into. Yet due to problems such as land use, practicality, cost, and excessive public fear they are still be less often to cheap coal fire and petroleum powerplants.

First proposed are tidal, solar, and wind power sources. While these sources are virtually renewable, these facilities have a tremendous footprint on land and water. And as the best locations for these plant also tend to be within close proximity to peoples homes, they are undesired as eye-sores.

Geothermal energy is another virtually renewable source of energy. Yet again location is everything. This requires an area geothermically active. To my knowledge Icelander heat their homes with steam provided by Geothermal Springs.

Hydroelctric power is less desire given it creates artifitial lakes upstream, impacting the environment and any homes unlucky to be inundated. Lastly, despite producing electricity by harnessing the kinetic energy of falling water, methane gas is the consequence of the decay of plant matter beneath damed up water. Methane is a greenhouse gas more potent than CO2 or water vapor.

Nuclear powerplants puts out far more energy for relatively small amounts of fuel compared to fossil fuel burning plants, though Nuke Plants are more expensive to build and operate. Nuclear energy has also had a generally good safety record, yet has earned an unfair reputation no thanks to the paranoid greenfreaks uneducated campaign against atomic energy. In the post 9/11 world, fear over terrorist attacking reactor facilities and the concern over what to do with the growing amount of waste have not helped either.

Its not a matter of finding new energy sources, they are quite abundant and have been around for some time. Few are willing to take the political and economic risks that must be take to phase out fossil fuel plants and replace them with either of those options.

Signature
	Image[/img]

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 47 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.