Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Merry Christmas! - Minitokyo

Merry Christmas!

Group announcement by Christian-Fellowship

page 1 of 1 11 total items

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

Thanks for the reading of the Bible.
I wonder who came up with the stupid idea of saint nicolas and the gift giving thing on Christmas. Yes, let us not forget the true meaning of Christmas

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

PikaMoon

PikaMoon

***star gazer***

Yep yep, Merry Christmas. ^^

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Actually, vatican92, the idea of Saint Nicholas and gift giving on Christmas comes from a real person.

In the third century, there was a wealthy young man named Nicholas in Myra (modern day Turkey). His parents died when he was relatively young, leaving him in charge of their fortune; Nicholas was raised a Christian, so he followed the words of Christ to the rich young man, to "sell what you own and give to the poor.". He spent his life and his fortune helping people who needed it. Eventually, he became the Bishop pf Myra, and under the Roman ruler Diocletian, suffered for his faith. He was eventually released from prison (Diocletian had to release some of the believers because the prisons got too full for the real criminals), and died on the 6th of December. The Catholic church named him a Saint for his service to God in his suffering and in helping people.

Numerous stories exist as to the different good deeds he performed, and there's a specific one about the gift giving. Supposedly there was a poor man with three daughters, but he had no dowry for any of them (a dowry was whatever assets brought to a marriage by the bride; the higher the dowry, the better the husband, basically). Without dowries, the three daughters were going to be sold into slavery, because there was no other option; on three separate occasions, a bag of gold supposedly appeared through a window in this family's house, from Nicholas.

The idea of the modern day Santa Claus finds its root with a young Christian man, determined to help those he could with what he had, and not afraid to stand for his faith. People adopted the practice of gift-giving in his memory on Christmas, which was based on December 25th to try and take away the pagan celebration around this time (Winter Solstice, I believe it was...I don't think this had to do with the presents, but I'm not sure; sorry).

Sorry for the history lesson, everybody ^_^' I'm fascinated with history, and that happens to be one of the areas I've voluntarily learned about.

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

I can't believe the true meaning of Christmas is ruined because of a faithful Christian!
WHy in the world did it hav to overlap with Christmas? Why not make a St. Nicolas day. Anyways thanx for the lesson.

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

good t see some Christians around here.

SweetGrl

SweetGrl

doki doki

Yep, i will always remember that Christmas is the birth of Jesus! :) Merry Christmas everybody! (even though it's passed already! lol!)

Live to Love, Love to Live~~
Signature

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

What makes me sick is that everyone always thinks on that one side only, life is a gift! What happens to the people that believe that life is a curse bestowed upon them through whatever force?!?!? Huh?

What happens to the people whom are cursed in life? The people that have close to nothing, live in horrid conditions, and see the world through completely different eyes than us? What happens to the people whom decided long ago that they are abandoned or forsaken ones left to rot in a world that threw them away or forced them to be on the brink of death? How do those people celebrate Christ dying for their sins when they can barely survive as it is, worse yet commit a sin out of the helplessness that creeps up from the depths of their genetic survival instincts?

Just because you believe in Christ, does not make Him real. Just because you may have been born again or enlightened in His graciousness, does not mean everyone has. Just because you believe that God loves all mankind, does not mean that everyone has or can discover the secret of being born for the sake of being controlled on a level unseen beyond this reality.

Question: Why would I wish/want to be created to serve a God that created me for that very purpose?

Follow up: If I don't serve or follow, am I forever banished to damnation in His eyes?

Again: If the above premise's answers are as follows, then I would have rather never have existed in the first place.

However, reality is not so, for I am here. Meaning, there must be another explanation beyond those few words. If you could enlighted me to the idea that is your faith, send me a line...

-repeat-

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

Yeah...I remember to thank God during Christmas! We even had a play at our church about that! >_<

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

gilesaquil

gilesaquil

honora medicum

>.< I missed being here on Christmas day...
Oh well. Very Merry Christmas to all 'ya (very belated as well)! ^.^

But hey...Christmas goes on even after the season has ended, right? It doesn't have to be December to be Christmas. ^.^

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

A little late folks, but Merry Christmas to you all. I had a very fulfilling one. I hope you guys had a great time with your families and friends.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.