Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best of the six Star Wars - Minitokyo

Best of the six Star Wars

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 60 total items

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

My favorite episode was Empire Strikes Back, closely followed by A New Hope.

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Plot-wise, Revenge of The Sith. For happy ending, Return of The Jedi.

I'm waiting for a Star Wars movie that will have Luke as the Jedi Grand Master. Knew from the Dark Nest Trilogy. Just awesome on how the author wrote him the way he did. Story-wise, he's the most powerful Jedi ever. But I won't keep my hopes up on that one. :P

Return of the Jedi, I loved the Jungle battle.

"I contend we are both atheists, I simply believe in one less deity than you do. When you understand why you reject the others, you will know why I reject yours."
Razom nas bahato - nas ne podolaty!

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

i like the Empire Strikes back and A New Hope.

Signature

Quote by ignatiousbarEpisode V: The Empire Strikes Back (original non CG'd version). Hands down the best one. First, Irvin Kershner did a fantastic job directing the film and allowing the actors to portray their characters. Second, George wrote the stories vision, but let others write the details. Third, the battle of Hoth, the astoroid case scene, the introduction of Yoda, and Vader vs. Luke. This film is great!

After Episode V the order would be:
Episode IV: A New Hope (non CG version please-why does Greedo shoot first in the redue? It ruins Han Solo's character development.)
Episode VI: Revenge of the Jedi (non CG version)
Episode 3, 2, 1 (bad, worse, worst)

Someone who agrees with me! Seriously...George Lucas tried to do too much by himself in Eps 1-3

Quote by FredGreg

Quote by DuuzThe chemistry between Anakin and Padme wasn't there like that between Han and Leia.

Nah, Anakin was always either too angsty or too cocky. He didn't have that manly manliness Harrison Ford gave Han Solo.

Exactly...If I were Padme I would have given Anakin a good kick out of the galaxy

I'm with other posters, Empire Strikes Back was the best. In addition to the reasons already given, another thing great about Ep 5 was how the ending left the story at a suspenseful point (Vader is Luke's father. What would become of Han?). It was somewhat duplicated in Ep 2. However, given that the first Star Wars trilogy has the superior cast & story, it doesn't match Ep 5's ending.

my favourites are the old ones, 4,5,6 especially the 6th! The new ones are nice because they give you some background information about the characters so I am happy I could find out more about thei universe but I cant compare it with the old ones.

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

Because I can't make up my mind on stuff like this (or anything in general) I will have to say that my favorite Star Wars films were all of them except 1 & 2.

I'm sorry, but "Attack of the Clones" was a disgrace as a movie on most levels (the battle could've been better without anyone saying anything) and the "Phantom Menace"'s only interesting or good parts was the musical score during the last lightsaber duel, the duel itself, and the podrace.

What do you expect FredGreg....Harrison Ford...was so much older than...I dont' even know his name.........for the older Anakin...................................but anyways......I feel like I enjoyed the movies......all for unique reasons........for the first...I like..the lightsaber battles..and I liked........Qui-Gon Jinn........second movie.............I would say I like.......yoda's duel.....it was the first time I saw him ever duel......so......................bleh.....(...) the third...I'm really sorry....but I should acutally watch it.............anyways......the fourth.......I believe I liked........Obi-Wan's performance.........fifth...........I like the hoth battle..for some odd reason......sixth...I like the ewoks.......can't forget the ewoks....and I'm glad that they "ended" the saga....it gave a lot of closure...

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Most definitely it's Episode V, Empire strikes back.

tanteikun

tanteikun

Kawaikunai!

episode V was the best I think, not only because of the actors, but also it is so touching.

Signature
Shinjutsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu

A New Hope's the best for me.Second is The Empire Strikes Back.I think the new ones are reeeeeally bad, the actors make me want to cry, the special effects are so abundant they're sometimes too easily seen.The new characters are quite bad except for Qui-Gon Jinn and Count Dooku.

Well, I prefer the book anyway.

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

Yeah someone said earlier, that George Lucas just tried to hard by himself for the prequels...I have to say he has reached new heights in CG technologies and making them look incredibly realistic...however he must have forgotten along the way, good special effects does not make the movie. Character development was severely lacking in all 3 of the prequels...The person that I thought you could see develop the most was Obi-Wan. I thought the first 3 was supposed to be soley about Anakin. However I do like Obi Wan more than Anakin in the prequels. I dunno, I am disappointed with all 3 prequels, Revenge of the Sith was the best out of the prequels I believe, but again like someone said, all the transitions that Anakin went through to become Vader were very forced and hard believe.

I believe that my favorite Star Wars was episode 5. I think the majority hear agree's with that also, I love the opening attacks on Hoth...that was just awesome. I remember when Nintendo 64 came out, and Shadows of the Empire came out with it....I would play that level over and over again on Hoth, just awesome.

Anywho's...you know how Lucas is with his Super Duper Extra Special Limited Edition Re-Re-Re-Release's go...so maybe some years from now far into the future, we will see re-release's of the prequels, and he will have added the extra character development that they are lacking and turn them into good movies. Either that, or he will have completly removed the characters and replace them with CGI. =)

Episode III! The best one in my opinion!^^

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Episode III sucked. True, it was better than I or II, but it was still nothing compared to IV through VI. The only thing going for it was cool special effects and a cool image every so often.

Getting to those cool scenes was a bit awkward within the movies though. The dialog was also terrible, as was the characterization. Anakin's descent into the Dark Side seemed forced and un-natural for instance.

pn0yvstyle

pn0yvstyle

The Terror of Death

I'd have to say "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Revenge of the Sith." Basically, the ones with the bad guys winning lol. I dunno. I just like the fact that the empire was getting on the rebellion and how the story was progressing in TESB and ROTS had the "evilness" going on, with Anakin finally turning to the dark side and kicking sum jedi @ss, until he got to obi-wan. I also liked ROTS because it opens up utno Episode 4 pretty well, imo.

Ultimaninja

The Ultimate Ninja

I like Empire stirkes back
(Han gets taken away...Luke finds out about his father and gets his hand chopped off)

But Revenge of the Sith is good because of General Gevious (He should have gotten a bigger part)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

The original Epsiode 4: A New Hope. The first released is still the best since it represents everything that made the sage into what it is today.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

i'm going to go with Empire Strikes Back as the best of the Star Wars movies. it had the most in terms of story development. this is especially true in the parts where Han gets frozen in carbonite and also when Darth Vader reveals that he was Luke's father. there was just so much despair going on in here that it grabbed my attention.

Finalzero0000

Ninja Commander

I'd say all of them had there good points and bad. I am a big Star Wars fan and I really couldn't choose a favorite. Instead, I like all six films because each contributes to the series.

I cant stand to watch 1-3, if anything 3 was the best out of the prequels (if you could call it that) I grew up watching 4-6 and like someone else said the prequels were just dissapointing to say the least. I guess people have to make money though

Signature Image

I'm pretty darn happy with any one of the original Star Wars trilogy (most likely my all-time favorite movies) so narrowing it down to one of them is a little tough as I've got a deep respect for each, and for reasons all their own.

I suppose if I had to answer though I'd give a slight edge to Return of the Jedi, for the "coolness" factor it had for me as a kid, in particular. New imperial troops & vehicles, major secrets revealed, the return of Han & Leia from uncertainty, the battle at Jaba's palace, the clash between Vader and Luke, and more...great stuff!

But they're all chock full of it.

The prequels I've been able to enjoy, but none of them hold the same level of magic -- for me -- as the original trilogy does. But still a lot of good work, characters and concepts all around.

I think 4 was best. It was so simple yet so brilliant. The lightsaber fights aren't nearly as good as though. 3 was the best of the new 3, and Mustafar was good. I didn't like Anakin though. He seemed like a small kid. I liked the darkness about the Jedi temple siege...that was class...

merged: 03-11-2006 ~ 05:32am
Oopps. I mean spoilt small kid.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 60 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.