Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ever been steriotypicalized because of where you're living - Minitokyo

Ever been steriotypicalized because of where you're living

page 1 of 1 15 total items

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Hey once again, this time around I was wondering if anyone here has ever been steriotypicalized because you live in a certain area. For instance I live in the OC and due to that drama on the tele called The OC everyone I know out of OC thought that I was suppose to be a beach bum going surfing everyday with a tan and live in a luxurious beach house and say the ever popular "duuuuude".

What I have to say about that- "Duuuuude, what's the world coming to?"........"wait, that didn't come out right"

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true."
- Robert Wilensky

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

I live in So. Cal, so I get sterotype of being a hippy surfer. I'm quite the opposite.

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

I live in Texas. Cowboys, "Y'all", cattle, and trailer trash sums up the basic stereotypes here, though its quite different wherever you go.

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by Vagrant123I live in So. Cal, so I get sterotype of being a hippy surfer. I'm quite the opposite.

Quote by IchirouI live in Texas. Cowboys, "Y'all", cattle, and trailer trash sums up the basic stereotypes here, though its quite different wherever you go.

Heh, I guess these two places are the most steriotyped in the U.S. and I agree with Ichirou because every place is diverse in some way or another; it's never static and according to Vagrant123 it seems that I'm not the only one living in Southern Ca dealing with steriotypes Nyaa

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true."
- Robert Wilensky

Caiobrz

Caiobrz

Wispy

Although I live somewhere (adding suspense by not telling where) very far and that most people do steriotypes as been "a huge jungle", and also, each day more and more people - even from here - thinks everybody here is an infant (lol I Think), I was never steriotyped o.O; I guess that's because I tend not to tell where I live (drama) until that's necessary, and people get to know me before coming to conclusions, so steriotyping kinda loses sense.

I'm from Brazil.

Most foreingners picture us living in jungles, or that our cities have huge snakes crawling on the streets (loool seriously, I heard that a lot of times). But that's kinda funny though. But brazilians on the internet are realy retards, they will speak portuguese on international foruns, will drop any subject to futilities, and have realy some funny ideas about the world, thus, I always expect people not to take me seriously and think "ah, another Brazilian".

Luckly, never happened so far. In a forum I use to visit everyday, after monthes of membership someone found out I was Brazilian and could'nt believe xd~

Signature
Extensive quality reviews and some wall/scans, visit!
http://www.daisuki.com.br

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Good Point Caiobrz, I guess steriotypes are all over the world possibly due to lack of an open mind. Although in some cases its true like there are some places with beach bums in C.A. *ahem* Newport Beach *ahem*
and I never would've thought Brazil would be that way because its already populated and industrialized......

- Robert Wilensky

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

Heheh, I'm a 30 min drive on the freeway near Newport Beach.

Signature

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

ooooooo nice Vagrant123, and did you ever see any beach bums there?

- Robert Wilensky

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I normally don't go to Newport. My grandmother has a house down in Oceanside, which is some ways south of San Diego, so I go there whenever I want to go to the beach. Besides, Newport is too crowded. Oceanside is nice. ^_^

Signature

Quote by enigma444444Hey once again, this time around I was wondering if anyone here has
ever been steriotypicalized because you live in a certain area. For
instance I live in the OC and due to that drama on the tele called The
OC everyone I know out of OC thought that I was suppose to be a beach
bum going surfing everyday with a tan and live in a luxurious beach
house and say the ever popular "duuuuude". What I have to say about
that- "Duuuuude, what's the world coming to?"........"wait, that didn't
come out right"

I totally love that show. Anna is ( was =[ ) the girl of my dreams...

Yeah anyway, back to the topic, I live in a small town in Pennsylvania. Most people autoically assume I like Nascar and go to a steakhouse weekly once I let them know where I'm from.

Signature Image
------------
[profound statement pending]

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by xsummerxrain

Quote by enigma444444Hey once again, this time around I was wondering if anyone here has
ever been steriotypicalized because you live in a certain area. For
instance I live in the OC and due to that drama on the tele called The
OC everyone I know out of OC thought that I was suppose to be a beach
bum going surfing everyday with a tan and live in a luxurious beach
house and say the ever popular "duuuuude". What I have to say about
that- "Duuuuude, what's the world coming to?"........"wait, that didn't
come out right"

I totally love that show. Anna is ( was =[ ) the girl of my dreams...
Yeah anyway, back to the topic, I live in a small town in Pennsylvania. Most people autoically assume I like Nascar and go to a steakhouse weekly once I let them know where I'm from.

Lol thats great xsummerxrain visit Newport sometime and you might see someone like her. And I never knew that Pynsylvania had that kinda steriotype......

- Robert Wilensky

heh, what small town in PA? I'm familiar with small towns now cause I've been up in NW PA attending school the past couple of years, lol.

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

MysticWolfAngel

MysticWolfAngel

Waiting Love

All the time. People think just because I'm from Idaho I'm some hill billy with moonshine and a ranch. They also laugh at the states name and I think tht just because it sounds like i-da-ho, it means that I'm a hoe which in no way am I.

Signature Image

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by MysticWolfAngelAll the time. People think just because I'm from Idaho I'm some hill billy with moonshine and a ranch. They also laugh at the states name and I think tht just because it sounds like i-da-ho, it means that I'm a hoe which in no way am I.

Typical steriotyping these days its a mystery how this kinda information spreads....possibly from t.v.?

- Robert Wilensky

MysticWolfAngel

MysticWolfAngel

Waiting Love

Quote by enigma444444

Quote by MysticWolfAngelAll the time. People think just because I'm from Idaho I'm some hill billy with moonshine and a ranch. They also laugh at the states name and I think tht just because it sounds like i-da-ho, it means that I'm a hoe which in no way am I.

Typical steriotyping these days its a mystery how this kinda information spreads....possibly from t.v.?

Wouldn't suprise me. I just hate being seen as someone like that. It bugs the hell out of me!

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.