Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 College? - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Ninja

Ninja

Slacking Ninja

Well I'm at that point in life were I must decide my future. As the months have gone by and the date when I am to decide which college to go for reaches ever so close. However I find that this choice is difficult, I can't seem to decide or find a perfect college for my career choice. I was wondering if any of you MT people have faced this tough problem in life? Finding a college is so hard! , I can't seem to find a college with options of game design, computer graphics & programing, something in arts and Information technology field that is far away from NY as possible. I guess I'm also asking for suggestion of colleges.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

College......Better paying jobs require college.

As for suggestions I say if you can afford it or get a scholership...

Signature Image

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Agreed with Cyanide. If you got some excellent grades, try obtained scholarship or at least some type of study loan. If you're super-rich, I'm sure it's not a problem. :)

Like you, I also pondered what to do next for like, 7 months before I decided to further my study. I've gone to three colleges, using various methods of transportation and I met lots of people with different attitude. And I still have 3 semesters to complete.

So, yeah. Further your studies. Only then, your future will open up to you.

well its actually not that big of a deal, most people end up doin sometihng totally different then what they originally planned to do after their first year of college.

I'm in my 3rd year of college, went from Dallas, TX to NW pennsylvania at a branch campus of Pitt. I lucked out and knew what I was doing, plus got a scholarship to boot, but its still too much for my pocket. I gotta pay loans now. They're kinda inevitable, unless you go instate, or get a full ride. As far as the best schools for that kind of thing, look into schools like Cornell, MIT, Nebraska, Cal Polytech. There's a few colleges devoted strictly to game design, Fullsail is one I think, and there's another that works through Nintendo of America. But a search engine would be the best place to find info about schools you may be interested in. Look carefully, and look long before you decide, many have gone far and came back after things weren't what they wanted.

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Go for what you can afford -- I highly recommend not getting loans, or you will be cursed for much of your life.

i haven't actually gone through the college process, but my brother has dragged the whole family through it. ^_^'

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

Its quite hard on the wallet, instate is your best bet, if not that, go out of state to a public school. Private colleges, instate or not, always have much higher prices. Loans are kinda inevitable though, especially in graduate school. -_-

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

SAGO

SAGO

King of Kings

Ah! A few more years and you're already in the first day of the rest of your life.

I'm a fresh meat that just finished college . I went to a pretty swell University with ok grades or something so companies have been calling or sending letters in the mail in the past month. Unfortunately, I don't like any of those jobs nor did the course I finished so I pass.

College was like one huge playpen for me. Really fun. However, college shouldn't be taken as a party. It's really tough to resist all the temptation once you're there.

If you know people who finished college. Ask them for advice. Look for a University that you will love with no regrets. Once you step in the campus of your choice you have a permanent mark on what you will be. Well, there are loopholes because you can still shift courses and stuff but man, that's a lot of wasted time, money, and effort. The last thing you want to see is your buddies graduate one after another leaving you behind while eating their dust.

Oh yeah. The "Do what you love" and "Pursue your dreams" thing is 101% true. Nothing's worse than going to a job you hate for the rest of your life.

Ninja

Ninja

Slacking Ninja

Yea thanks for the comments. Cost seems to be a big issuse that everyone seems to dwell on. Ohwell I'll hopefully figure something out.

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

whats an e-brake?

ii got three more years of highskool lefted and ima try my bes to get accepted to air force academy lol XD its my life long dream to attend there and hopelly become a pilot later on oOo well chyaa,if that fails..i'll be a firefighter :D

Signature Image

Quote by NinjaCost seems to be a big issuse that everyone seems to dwell on. Ohwell I'll hopefully figure something out.

Indeed it's true that college is expensive, but in the end, it's well worth the cost.
If you can, I would prefer you going to a Community College first.
You can get rid of your basics and the cost is a lot cheaper then going to a full-blown college.

But if you don’t have a Community College that’s near by, then look for some online courses that can help you with your goal.

Signature

Angelette

Angelette

[Q^_^]-O

LoL. If you want to get away from NY, you probably want to be looking at UCs. xD California is as far away as you can go. XD

Signature

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.