Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you like Akira? Or is to too old? - Minitokyo

Do you like Akira? Or is to too old?

Tagged under Akira

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Shadu

Shadu

Lost Myself

Well, Akira is well known in anime history, but do you actually like it? The graphics, although older, still astound me. And for the music, some may believe that the music can become monotonous, but it fits the movie perfectly. I especially enjoy the songs Tetsuo and Kaneda. I don't know about you guys, but I think it's a pretty good anime. So my question is, what do you think?

You need only believe. . .

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

I didnt like the movie so much. the graphics were great, but the plot seemed weak compared to the manga. the manga is awesome. some of the best ive ever read.

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

Rennard

Rennard

The Captain

I really liked this anime. Even if it was older, that didn't even come into my mind when I watched it. The graphics never bothered me, and weren't so horrible that you really noticed. The storyline held together wonderful, the action, music and everything was suitable and good and that's what has made it so memorable. lol now I want to watch it again. So many favourite scenes I can remember from that anime.

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

dude, the graphics were far from horrible. they still look good now.

im about to finish volume 4 (of 6) and i have to say the story is way better. i think packing it into a movie was a mistake, it could easily have been 10-15 ep anime.

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

seen the movie, wasnt exactly mindblowing but it was worth the watch for it :D

Signature Image

I have seen it and I personally didn't like it. It had nothing to do with it being old or anything because I do like some other old animes, but the story and animation style in akira didn't really get my interest.

nostyle118

nostyle118

Invincible under the sun

what the? graphics wise it's one (and still is) of the best ever. I guess all those thousands of cel drawings will never get old. even now it could kick the pineapple out of most anime movies.

"Heaven above, Hell below."

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

Akira have a excellent animation and a pretty good history, but is too long and is a little boring

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

The graphics in Akira where ahead of their time for the 80's, and even as late as 1999 it still looked better than many TV shows. But compared to other anime movies, yes it's becoming dated now. All those beautiful cityscapes have been eclipsed by CGI stuff. But it's still a great movie, and I still think it's Katsuhiro Otomo's best work.

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I alwyas wanted to see Akira, I was under the impression that is was one of thee must see animes of all times. By the time I finaly got to see it, I hadn't had that much anime experience yet and the story it self blew me away. It freaked me out! The scene at the olympic stadium had me haunted for a while. But then later one, I managed to get my hands on the manga - now THAT was good. I finally understood the story - evene the shortened movie made sense (you just had to cut a lot of scenes from the manga - but the story behind the story was still the same.

The graphics were amazing for its time. The story was also insane. We're used to that type of setting, post-apocalyptic or apocalyptic itself. We're used to that now. But still I believe that Akira is an all time classic.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

I think its one of the cyper-punk animes worth watching. Now it is an 1980's sci-fi and that's the way I like my sci-fi. Should everyone see it? No, only people who want to watch a sci-fi movie that make you think. But I think Akira does stand the test of time or we won't be talking about it.

Akira had its moments, but i dont think anything can be too old, in the minds of other people

Akira was one of the first anime that I saw, and its not bad at all, even if the dub sounds terrible.

Want to see Ar Tonelico 2? Post here!
http://com4.runboard.com/bnisamerica.f2.t1206

Too old? It's only from the late 80s. Now Gigantor, that's too old. :)

I haven't yet seen Akira, sadly, but rest assured, it's on my list of things to do before I get old and senile.

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

Akira is one of the few anime movies that I've seen that actually entices me to watch it again and again. It's definitely worthy of anybody's anime library.

I haven't read the manga, but I'm sure it's just as good.

It seems good... I guess... I see why people could like it. I personally fell asleep part way through.

AngelTAP

AngelTAP

Keeper of the Midnight Sun

I think Akira is a very cool movie, a little out there, but still cool.
And it's a classic to me.

When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

Thanks for commenting on two of my threads. Input is always appreciated. Cyber-punk films are always interesting and the best truly make you think. Do you have any suggestions for some other anime that would be somewhat similar to Akira in that aspect? Or at least some smart ones? My favorite currently is Ghost in the Shell: SAC. ^_~

Watch the First Ghost in the Shell moive or Armitage

SoulPunisher

SoulPunisher

Grimm Reaper M-1

that is the second anime i ever watched and is still my favorite.

ROMEZ

ROMEZ

bringer of silence to the heart

i love this anime still do it's one of the first ones ive ever seen it was great to me even now i can still sit and have a good time watching it

ibrahimm

ibrahimm

Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum

Hell, akira is one of my favorite anime movies. I dont care if its old or what.... its super!

Orokawa Ototoyo........

the animtaions are great, really ahead of time, but I dont like the character design they tried to make them look realistic but failed tottaly, casue un like Jinroh here they only look ugly

I love this movie. For me, it's timeless. It's the first anime I was exposed to. But for all its greatness, this movie doesn't hold a candle to the manga.

The graphics, they were in-cre-di-ble! In that time especially, it was very uncommon, for example for heads to move while the character is talking. But for Akira, the voice acting was recorded before the anime was drawn, which made the animation very good. I'm really impressed by it.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.