Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Spoilers Ahead Fruits Basket - Minitokyo

Spoilers Ahead Fruits Basket

Tagged under Fruits Basket

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Recently I had been reading in my latest Anime Insider and found a few contradictions. They had proclaimed that the Best Moment on page 62-ah! OH Spoilers ahead!

That the Best Moment was when Akito told Tohru in Fruits Basket number 11 that he was God...but...that isn't accurate. I have every book in the series and he told her that he was the closest thing to God not God...himself...that didn't answer ANYTHING for me! I had been waiting butt-forever to know what he was and all that time I figured that first he was the tiger but no Kisa is and then I just knew that he was the rooster but no Kureno is and then I thought well then it's obvious he's the horse but then no Isuzu is. The only thing that tells me is that Akito is only stroking his huge ego, which I already knew was bigger than normal. Doesn't calling yourself God or the closest thing to it just an ego boost...I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HE IS DAMMIT! An egomaniac was obvious from the start. I actually like-no LOVE Akito, he is so evil, evil-evil-evil and has a dark loathing beauty that I find breath-taking and awe-inspiring. So what are your thoughts on this and for all of those that have the next book or know what he is tell me I am dying to know!

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

a9z

why do you like him?! he is evil I hate him! but I start to under stand him in the last anime episde. Oh! did you know akito is a girl?

Um...Akito is the "god" of the zodiac. He's the one who rules over everyone in the zodiac, and thus is the "god." (That's why everyone fears him and obeys him.) That's his role in the zodiac, and what he told Tohru was the truth.

Also...

SPOILER!

Akito is a girl. That's revealed in vol. 17 of the manga.

Wait... it's true that

SPOILER!

Akito is a girl?! I'd heard rumors, but I had no idea XD My friend is going to flip...

Signature Image

Ah tch Akito is not a girl! TCH! Wherever you head that they are lying...Akito is a boy! And why I like him? I think it's because he's beautiful and the needless suffering type...I'm totally attracted to that and you know what I don't even know why that is just how I am that I bet that fact makes me even more evil than Akito ever could be wa ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

And besides he has to be male...all of his family members refer to him as "he" why would they be so wrong about it or lie? And seeing as that Hatori is a doctor wouldn't he know for curtain?

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

yes I know this, And UI kown that Akito is a Girl, But this denomination is the fact that He born Girl, But how is da God, She doesn't Have a sex, God Doesn't have sex, because this She doesn't have breats and other things how a woman had, I might that this make him a evil person, because she is a frustated woman and she think that a lot of junishi have been a frustated too...u.u...
I don't like She, And I hope that in the end he will stay lonely....u.u.

Okay...I'll humor all of you since I only have issues 1-12 but until I go further into the series I'll still refer to Akito as a male. I also get what you mean that God has no gender and I have also been wondering why it was Akito who was chosen to become the head of the family in the first place. Some of my theories involve him being born two months early but not transforming like all of the cursed Sohmas I mean it obviously doesn't go accordance to age...Shigure, Hatori, and Ayame and even Ritsu seem older than he is...well maybe not so much Ritsu...but he does seem to be the same age if not a little older than Yuki and Kyo. Any other theories or facts because you have more of the series from the rest of you? :)

Signature Image

Akito was raised like a male... and not everyone in the family know that Akito is a girl, especially the young ones (like Yuki, Kyo...).

I've thougth too at first Akito was one of the animals but when she told Tohru she was God... well there weren't any more any doubt.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

You know what I get the feeling that Akito being female isn't as simple as that. Just call it a hunch or female intuition but I am generally right in these areas. A couple of weeks ago I started pondering over life in general...well because that's what I do when I no longer have memories to recall and I kept thinking that there is more to Akito than what we are given. My sister told me that is Akito is in fact female and not one of the...cursed then why can she hang all over all of the males in her family and not have them transform. When I read that Akito referred to herself as being the closest thing to God that the cursed Sohmas can know that really didn't answer anything for me. That doesn't explain why she's always sick and why she's destined to die early.

I am familiar with curses like hers', similar to the Sohma curse and how one must endure the brunt of it and die so others may live. I suppose I do have too many questions in regard and don't care if the series is spoiled for me but there are just some things I can't wait for.

In the Anime, Akito confesses that she never had a chance to choose to die for the rest of them, which leads me to wonder why she was chosen in the first place. In the Anime, Tohru's heart is tested when she sees Kyo in his true form but decides to stay with Shigure and all in spite of that truth. I can't wait to see how it will play out in the Manga and think that it will also involve Kyo as well but I can't think of any other incidences that she would be involved in with Kyo that would make her doubt her feelings enough to grab Akito's attention.

In the Anime I loved that Natsuki included Yuki in the scene when Tohru confronts Kyo in his true form as I loved how she didn't in the Manga. I think all of us still have questions regarding Akito and the series as a whole and cannot wait for the next volume to come out...wooo hooo! It is awesome no matter what and I will continue to love it as I love all Anime and Manga up until and after the day I die...

Your thoughts...

Signature Image

I'm not quite sure about Akito.
From what I gather, the god reference makes alot of sense.
Just like the fairy tale, when god called all of the zodiac to take part in a banquet.
I'm sure thats what he means. rather than a "ego complex".
And with the female rumours, it's true, no argument.
In manga no. 17, it is revealed, how do I put this...in front of the mirror...(my friend was so upset =P).
I'm sure you can find scanalations on the internet for this chapter.

Okay I do believe all of you because when it comes to Anime and Manga there is just no end to the surprises. What leaves me wondering is why Akito can hang all over all of the cursed males of the family and not have them transform. Now don't get me wrong if I were Akito or anyone else I would want to hang all over them too but anyway…I'm sure the answer is because Akito is...God and can do what he/she/it wants and the rules that govern the human race don't affect her as they would affect everyone else..heh, that's one of the going themes of my book. NOW all there is to do is e-mail Anime Insider and tell the mail guy that he is in fact wrong about Akito's gender....wooo hooo! So totally kick-ass! I would cry and scream with excitement if I wasn't so euphoric<--and it's not even drug induced. AAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Signature Image

I always knew there was something odd about Akito! no offense to those who like him or Yuki! By the way I like Yuki! anyway when i first read the manga i thought Yuki was girly looking! *but i think he's cute* No offense to Yuki lovers! thats just what i thought when my friend told me about the manga. So anyway back to my main point I thought akito acted very strange for a guy! especially when "he" said that Tohru was ugly and that "he" wouldn't have to worry about her!

:)

I would like to say that nothing surprises me when it comes to Anime and Manga but then I would just have to eat my own words. I like-love Akito just as I love all of the men--that are cursed--in Fruits Basket. And I don't really are if Akito really is female he's so pretty and suffers for no real reason to me that is very hot.

Signature Image

sageOfEarth

sageOfEarth

Mars Star Power!!!!

akito is a gurl in the manga but
a guy in the anime IDK why on earth
they did that,but they did lol.i hab
wondered about why they don't
transform when akito hugs them.Lyk
shigure in book 10 or hatori as well.
Ne1 really knoe why they don't transform
when akito hugs them?
he is sorta lyk a God 2 them
and that is why they fear him i guess

don't say what you think i am

ok first things first Ren (Akito's mother) was one of Akira (Akito's farther) maids and Akira soon fell in love with Ren. Ren too really loved Akira. they got married and had Akito. Oh, Akira was the God before Akito was, so natural Akito would become the God when Akira dies.

Ren was very cruel to Akito because she felt that Akito was taking Akira away from her. So she decides to raise her as a boy. Of course she said it was because most of the previous Gods had been boys, and that Akito should be raised as a boy too. But she was really just jealous that Akira was spending so much time with Akito.

When Akira did die Ren was furious that no one told her about it. The maids said that there was no time and that he didn't die alone because Akito was with him. This makes Ren even madder. Akito herself was very sad that Akira died because he was the only one that truly loved her. He told her that she was special and that all the 12 Juunishi (members of the zodiac) were waiting just for her and that she would live happily in an unchanged world. (That’s why Akito so mean to certain people like Tohru because they are changing things)

Oh the reason why Akito lets Tohru stay in Shigure's house is because she made a bet with Ren that nothing would change and the Yuki would come back.

Later on Aikto admits that while she is surrounded by everyone her she still feels alone and has been unhappy for a long time. Tohru realizes that Akito is a lot like her and tells her that she wants to be friends with her. Akito yells at her that if they were to become friends Tohru would just get annoyed with her and not like her. Tohru says she wouldn't and gives her hand to Akito but be for Akito accepts the cliff that Tohru is standing on crumbles and she falls. Later when Torh is in the hospital Akito final gets the nerve to visit Tohru. This time when Tohru extends her arm to Akito, she accepts it.

I know there's stuff I'm forgetting but that's all I can think of right now.

Well, besides the fact that only the mabudachi trio (Aya,Shigure and Haari), Ren, and probably that maid that's always nagging the jyunnishi knew about the real gender of Akito, i think what Draisienne said is basically all there is to know concerning the zodiac god(dess) at least ^^

Some of those facts were revealed in vol 17 chapters 97-98 of the manga (akito's gender can be seen in the last page of ch 97) ...This certainly explains why Akito was so mean towards the cursed girls of the Zodiac 0_o;;;

SO AKITO IS A CHICK AFTER ALL?!?! THAT IS SOO FRIGGEN TRIPPY! AND THE HOWLE AKITO AND HIS/HER/IT'S MOTHER COMPLEX! I'VE HEARD ALOT OF WIRDO STUFF (MOSTLY THE STUFF I WRITE) BUT MAN...THIS COMES IN CLOSE SECOND! OHHHHH PLEASE BEFORE I FORGET SOMEONE PLEASE SEND ME VOL. FOURTEEN+ SCANLATIONS OR ATLEAST SUMMERIES.

NO I MUST GIVE SOMETHING TO YOU.... MY KNOWLEDGE IS LIMITED BUT THERE ARE SOMETHINGS I WOULD STILL LIKE TO OFFER YOU...RIN NEVER REALLY STOPPED LIKING HARU AND SHE IS ONLY USING SHIGURE (SEE VOL. 9 LAST PAGE.) SO DON'T BE SCARED LITTLE ONES. NOT ONLY THAT BUT AAYA KISSES MINE AND MATCHI AND YUKI END UP TOGETHER. I'M NOT SURE WEATHER KERINO AND OU END UP TOGETHER BUT HE DOES GET A HOLD OF THE DVD FROM THE CINDERELLA PREFORMANCE (MOMIJI GAVE IT TO HIM CUZ TOHRU ASKED HIM TO) YUKI TELLS AKITO WHAT'S ON HIS MIND (NAMELY WHO) AND GETS HIT. (I GUESS THAT'S BECAUSE AKITO IS A CHICK) OH YEAH MOMIJI AND KISA LOOK ALOT OLDER IN THE (UNFORTUNATLY IN JAPANEZE ONLY) SCANLATONS I'VE SEEN.

PLEASE HELP ME IN MY QUEST FOR KNOWLEDGE...

Hm . . . It always looked like they showed Akito abusing the men more then the women of the Sohma clan. Probably because there are less women... I've only read up to the 12th, though.

but isnt akito a dood in the anime and a girl in the manga?

Originally, Akito wasn't a girl. The author changed it for the sole purpose of eliminating yaoi possibilities because she just couldn't stand thinking that people thought of her characters "that way".

As if that stopped anybody. Mabudachi Trio, anyone?

can anybody tell me what;s the ending for both the anime and manga. its jus dat i've been grounded from watchin anime n i'm dyin to know da ending. who did tohru ended up with?

ceriseangel2

ceriseangel2

Intjkitty

Akito is actually nicer in the mangas, comparing to the anime. Well in the anime you just see him* being the bad guy and the head of the Sohmas and everything. But in the manga Akito actually becomes tolerant and he doesn't want everyone to betray her because she's gone with such trauma with her mother. Akito is not the antagonist later in Furuba I'd say it's her mother! Read the later volumes of Furuba and you'll sympathize her.

Quote by stellamariacan anybody tell me what;s the ending for both the anime and manga. its jus dat i've been grounded from watchin anime n i'm dyin to know da ending. who did tohru ended up with?

The anime ended with Tohru meeting Akito and a little dramatic scene on how Akito's is a lonely pitiful character. it doesn't really resolve anything... the anime ends pretty abrubtly. The manga isn't finished yet (20+ volumes!) but I'm pretty sure Tohru is going to end up with Kyou. Because Yuki has alsready kind of given up on her and gong after another girl that doesn't appear in the anime.

But anyways, after volume 17, I'm totally for AkitoxShigeru. Even though Shigeru is a little old.... but he's still hot. Haha... who's with me?

i am! he is hot!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.