Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Alt text (mouseover text) on thumbnails. - Minitokyo

Alt text (mouseover text) on thumbnails.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

Back in MT2 while you were browsing the gallery or anywhere that showed thumbnails if you hovered your mouse over a thumbnail it would display some alt text that would tell you the author and title of the submission. It was useful for telling who submitted something without loading the gallery page for it and if for whatever reason a thumbnail failed to load, in the place where the thumbnail would have been it showed the alt text instead. I was wondering if there were any plans to restore that?

If it has to be implimented again then if I may suggest an enhancement to it, it could have more then one line and show more information like Author, Title, Type, and Category.

Signature Image

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

id like the alt text back as well

as for more info, it really has to be kept simple i think cause otherwise its just too much

you already know what category you are in, if you are looking through that certain anime

Signature Image

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

I was talking about when you browse the main gallery that shows everything ( http://browse.minitokyo.net/gallery/?index=&cid=&order=id&flip=desc&page=1 ), if people still do that.

Signature Image

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

ah ok i see

well it would be a good idea but are the alt tags the same for the image throughout where you look at it?

Signature Image

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

IIRC in MTv2 the tags were the same even on the full size image, but it would be trivial to make only the thumbnails in the main gallery display the full details.

Signature Image

Bisuketto

Bisuketto

"Conversational Fountain"

I agree with you cook. I was going to start a thread myself, but I'd guess someone would have done so.. maybe they didnt.
I would assume that it would take time to do add it in? not so much to find out who made it, but to find out what anime/manga it was from... but I guess if you use the browse section that kinda superceeds the alt text?

'I set the timers for six minutes, the same six minutes you gave me, it was the least I could do for a friend'
'If it's not broken, don't fix it'
Signature

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

It would still be useful to list the author, title and type on the thumbnail even when browsing a specific category, or the title, type and category when browsing a specific persons gallery. Though just making all thumbnails globally show author, title, type and category regardless of if it is redundant information might be easier to code right away rather then taking more effort to make it smart enough to not show for instance author and type when you are browsing scans from someones gallery since you would already know those.

It would mean some more traffic to the database server though because the information would have to be called out of the database for every thumbnail, but I figure if it was done on some of the MTv2 servers that were almost sinfully slow at times, it shouldn't be that hard to do it on these servers.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.