Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 winrar. what is it? - Minitokyo

winrar. what is it?

page 1 of 1 10 total items

well, I'll be short on this one. I need someone to tell me the basics of winrar files, most important of all, how do you open them! I've been trying to open this winrar file I downlaoded and there's no way. can you please help me here? I'll thank any help you can give me.

Member of "[Hispanime]".

Winrar is not a file, but a compression/ uncompress program.

The file you are trying to open is probably *.rar

User Winrar to open it.
Download the trial version here.

link

note: before executing, run a virus scan,
there will be no responsibliites if anything goes wrong with your pc, including loss of files or damages to the computer.

Signature

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

or...
there's an easy way to open ur files...not to be rude to tiki223-kun...
if you have winrar installed on ur system, i think u can download the full version from This Site
choose the one that says: WinRAR 3.51, the very first choice...just simply left click on it, it will ask u where to save it...once u download it, install it.
once u have it on ur system, all ur .rar files become stacked books, the file u r tryin to open will look like a stack of books, purple/blue/green i think...
you simple drag the file with the Right-Click to whatever destination u want to set it...then u choose Extract Here
once its done, go to the new folder created, and your files should open ^_^...

i hope this wasn't too long...but still, i hope it works ^_^
sore-ja!
===================
Leo

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

Quote by leosama84or...
there's an easy way to open ur files...not to be rude to tiki223-kun...
if you have winrar installed on ur system, i think u can download the full version from This Site
choose the one that says: WinRAR 3.51, the very first choice...just simply left click on it, it will ask u where to save it...once u download it, install it.
once u have it on ur system, all ur .rar files become stacked books, the file u r tryin to open will look like a stack of books, purple/blue/green i think...
you simple drag the file with the Right-Click to whatever destination u want to set it...then u choose Extract Here
once its done, go to the new folder created, and your files should open ^_^...

i hope this wasn't too long...but still, i hope it works ^_^
sore-ja!
===================
Leo

Providing links to pirated downloads is against MT's policy!

Signature

Winrar is also capable of opening .zip files as well and many other compressed files. it's a hell of a lot better than Winzip so use it!

rarlabs is the creator of winrar. I think.

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

Quote by tiki223

That is not a warez copy. It's the official website and the download is for a trial version. However, it does not restrict any feautres or have any nag windows for 30 or 45 days (I forget which). Even after that, you just have to deal with a nag window if you continue to use it.

For a completely free and open source compression program, I would suggest 7-zip.

Signature Image

Quote by Jim3535

Quote by tiki223

That is not a warez copy. It's the official website and the download is for a trial version. However, it does not restrict any feautres or have any nag windows for 30 or 45 days (I forget which). Even after that, you just have to deal with a nag window if you continue to use it.

For a completely free and open source compression program, I would suggest 7-zip.

Yeah, I see now, but he made it look like a pirtated link. ^_^'

Signature

gnXiahouDun

gnXiahouDun

General who Displays Firmness

I would also suggest 7-zip. Although I do not know what the future holds, there has been a small push to use this new .7z format (speaking from japanese files). So by using 7-zip, you should be able to unpack .rar files but also be prepared for any .7z you encounter.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. ~Confucius~

ueon

ueon

Think outside the class...

its the same as winzip, but in my opinion it is better. Maybe it's just because my downloads r mostly in .rar format?

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.