Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime's Destiny - Minitokyo

Anime's Destiny

page 1 of 1 4 total items

DestinyValiantAnimeAngel

In the name of Anime

Before this year ends, I had a thought about this. This topic could probably be also known as "The future of Anime". Some things bother me such as Will there be a revolution to anime?Will people still complain on dubbed anime even if correctly dubbed?Will the non-anime lovers quit bugging anime lovers on hentai?Will anime continue to even strive?Will we ever get bored of anime? And probably the most disturbing thought (for me at least) will there be an end to anime? Its already 2006 and look at the past of all the anime we've seen/watched and heard. Think about the comparisons of both failed anime, poppular anime and the thoughts of fans about the anime they like.

I'm hoping others can share their views and thoughts, cause its kinda hard to explain the full detail of what I'm understanding and what I'm not understaing. But whatever happens, I'll always strive to be a well-known anime fan ^^;;;

PS: I hope this thread doesn't close cause I tried to search for something like this ^_^' HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! Best wishes to the next generation of Anime! ^^

I really don't think there will ever be an end to the ups and downs when it comes to Anime. As an otaku of the highest degree I will admit that I'm a hypocrite when I say this but there are just some Anime's that people no matter who they can't handle...I'm not one of these but tastes will change and people will grow their own close-minded opinions. I for see a rise and lift in the awesomeness that is Anime. Soon all of us otakus will become too numerous to ignore and our demands for pure Anime will have to be heard and given into.

If we look back into history there was always someone out there that was against the most recent fads...I don't see Anime as a fad as it keeps on growing and influencing all other aspects of life no matter what part of the world it is in. I see this most prevalently in Disney who isn't really trying to make their own animated movies and would rather fund and translate down Anime's that are kid friendly like Howl's Moving Castle and so on and so forth...Anime is here to stay as are the selected few that will call it a sin and try toi get rid of it even though it is here to stay. ;)

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

*nods* I agree with what InuYashaFirstLover said. It has been around for a long while, not like fads that go in and out every year or season... And the amount of americans i know for a fact buying anime and manga's is growing, even if a single person might not know many others, I know there are more out there then meets the eye... I am one of those people who might not seem to like anime, but my room tells a different story :P I don't walk around with the word anime on my lips or manga's in my hands or show emblems on my clothing and products, I might soon become one as time goes on and I feel the need to spend the money on it :P but just a little not so known fact is that there are alot more anime\manga lovers then meets the eye.

ANYWAY my point is, Anime and Manga fans are not a dying breed it's more like one that is spreading like wild fire. And I don't see it stopping any time soon. AND because it is a topic of such controversy... alot of people keep their fixation on the down low and don't talk about it in fear of what others might say *nods* and so ends another sestion of waisting time with Michaela

In my eyes people that have a negative opinion about something really has no reason to be that way like a person that bad mouths Anime hasn't seen the best of it or any of it at all. They hear that it is violent and sexual and instantly jump to the offensive but Anime is like a drug once you get a hit you are enthralled to it for the rest of your life. I hear people saying how bad it is and all I can ask is...have you seen Anime? Real Anime? I laugh when eighty year old congressman or religious people talk about what it good and bad about Anime when they haven't even seen it yet or once or ever. I will admit that Anime has HUGE shock value...you don't walk into it expecting it to be violent or sexual but then you also don't walk into it expecting to fall in love with the characters and crying when they are killed. I have experienced all of this and I am still surprised all the time when I see new Anime...Japan is just gutsier when it comes to their entertainment...look at Angel Sanctuary that took guts to make and I loved it! Akira was shocking over and over again Japan will just try anything and have it be sweeter than anything out there. It will probably take a while for the most raw and violent Anime to get here but it will get here I can see it now and it will be glorious!

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.