Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 To be different is to be wrong... or is it? - Minitokyo

To be different is to be wrong... or is it?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Every day I have the feeling that I'm doing a crime because I'm different from most people around me, even though I *know* they're wrong to just resume to living their own selfish and ignorant lives without giving a damn about what's going on around them, so long as it doesn't bother them...

When I say that I'm different, I mean that I'm more aware of what's going on around me, that I question the meaning of my life rather than just taking for granted all the crap everyone feeds me, like "You live because you have to please God", or "for the society", or "for your mother and father", or... Strange that no-one says I can live for myself, even though we're talking about *my* life in the end. I also question other things, like why do I have to respect a teacher that bullies me and tells me all kinds of crap (even though he has no reason to hate me since I'm one of the best in my class), just because he's the teacher and I'm the student.

And there's another thing... I'm original, I like to be different from everyone else, but when I express it I either get bullied, shouted at, or downright humiliated (like it happens with my teacher). Everyone tries to make me become one of them, a "normal" person, and they don't give a damn that I'm a writer and an artist (...I'm going to publish a debut volume of short stories next year), and that I've got a damn fragile psychic balance... Sometimes I think the universe plain and simple hates me.

*sigh* You know, I actually feel better now that I got this out... If you actually want to sympathize with me, feel free to, and I will love you forever... XD

MrKarl

MrKarl

From the ashes, reborn.

There is nothing wrong with being different! It makes you who you are. If anyone gives you crap, hit them really hard with a shovel! Thats what I do XD

What's so funny about Peace, Love and Understanding?

I'd love to do that, only I don't have a shovel... and I'm having trouble lifting my schoolbag when it's half-full, so I suppose I'd have to start building up some muscles before I can consider doing that XP

MrKarl

MrKarl

From the ashes, reborn.

HAHAHAHA! I'd be happy to do it for you, only i live in Australia, so its kind of hard. :P You should take a number *picks up shovel* i have a long list of people to hit.

zainab-chan

zainab-chan

.::P!nK pUnK >0<::.

If you mean your different because your not perfectly normal the way they want you to be in thier so called "normal world", then ...hey wake up who is?...Nobody's normal everyone's different...everyone's weird in one aspect or the other...your just more aware of it. And that I guess makes them more ignorant...this world and our existance is far from normal, everythings abnormal....so if they think their normal then they're the one's who are different...they're the ones who are abnormal...XD right back at them
Just be your self...at least your for real ^_~

..::Love your Enemies, It will drive them Crazy::..
Signature

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Odeena, you and I are alike!
I know that sometimes being different means being a loner. sometimes people start saying things about us that are totaly wrong... but that's when being different is a great things! we don't give a damn of what people said.. we shouldn't care about gossips! ;)
Being different doesn't mean being anormal! means something even better. it means being special!
If people loves you, the will accept you just the way you are! ;)
just don't put limits to your life! XD

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

You and i are pretty much alike ya know. I also question why we're here, and others around say its stupid and idiotic to think such things...but 99.9% of those people who say my thought of that is stupid have a 10 in right about every course in secondary school lol^.^ Everyone is different, no two persons are alike. Each living being has their own special feature and quality that is not identical to the other you see. People who act alike..who dress alike are all insane if you ask me.By doing that your putting yourself down, degrading your true self for a false self. Sure some people have similarities, but each person is different.
It is definetly not wrong to be different

@ MrKarl - Tee hee... I think my list would have at least 10 or 15 pages to it... XD

@ zainab-chan - I know everyone is different... I like your idea though XP After all, being normal is a relative concept and all, so yeah, I guess I could throw it right back at them... The problem is that there's many of them, and so they can give me that "everybody else isn't like you" crap. But I guess I could just shrug it all off :)

@ Kabura - Yeah, I'm pretty much of a loner, but there are a few people who like me for what I am... and a lot of people on the Internet who like me for the same reason ^_^ Anyway, it's good to know that we're alike, and from now on I'll try... no, I *won't* give a damn about what other jerks are saying. Thanks for the support! XD

merged: 01-01-2006 ~ 12:47am
@ toxictea23 (sorry, I didn't see your post earlier) - Welcome to the freak club then! ^_^ You know, people who actually do stuff just because everyone else does it really bug me, because it's like they have no life of their own left at all! For instance, if everyone jumped off a cliff, they'd do the same because everyone else does it. That is so weak...

nasastar

nasastar

it's asking for a miracle

No need to be upset if ppl think your different you know? It makes who you are! You're own character! + ur own copyright on stuff~ Besides, if everyone's the same, we'll all be cute and cuddly, won't it? XD It's okay to be different... to say different things and have different thoughts! It's what makes you! YOU!

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

ah yes....why do we conform, the age old question to society.
I must agree, nobody really cares if you do the right thing for yourself, they always judge that you are better off living for others. It is normal society. Do not be down by it, I know and you know you are right. We are living here because we are living. who gives a damn if you do not believe what others believe. We are a free society! and most of all you are an individual!

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

@ nasastar - Thanks! That's one of my New Year's resolutions and all... stop giving a damn about what people say ^_^

@ Devildude - You're right! ^_^

@ everyone - Man, reading all your answers really lifted my spirits! I think I've reached an important turn in my life, and I needed to realize that *I'm* not in the wrong and all that... Up until now I really used to care about what everyone said. Guess it's because I was raised this way... but no more! Bwahahahahaha! *cough cough choke*

MrKarl

MrKarl

From the ashes, reborn.

You know...you aren't THAT different. You like anime, i dont know you, but...you like anime! What could possibly be wrong with you?!?

Hmmm....I think I should just make one giant shovel and squish them all at once! YAY

I'd help you with that XP

Isinha

Isinha

Glitter

What's wrong about being different? I think the wrongness is in being just like everyone else. Aren't you just glad you have your own personality? Aren't you just glad that you are a thinking person among a bunch of retarded that just do what they are told? Just be glad, ignore them, be yourself. Oneday your personality will be an advantage rather than a problem, and they will... PERISH! bwahahaha

Seriously, why pay attention on people like that? Look for other people that accept who you are instead of changing who you are to be with these people!

It's not that hard, really... I think even in USA there must be thinking people xD hauhauhaua Oh, god... Anyways, you understand what I'm saying xD.

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Maybe you should try to see how similar you're to others, than different! XD

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

I am a different person. In many ways.
Yet - YET - if our personalities are all indistinguishable, that would surely suck.
Remember, it is by what we create that we define ourselves. So, cheer yourself up, Odeena.
Be happy with yourself and live without regrets if what you do is right.

samu02

Back to Basics

Quote by OdeenaEvery day I have the feeling that I'm doing a crime because I'm different from most people around me, even though I *know* they're wrong to just resume to living their own selfish and ignorant lives without giving a damn about what's going on around them, so long as it doesn't bother them...

When I say that I'm different, I mean that I'm more aware of what's going on around me, that I question the meaning of my life rather than just taking for granted all the crap everyone feeds me, like "You live because you have to please God", or "for the society", or "for your mother and father", or... Strange that no-one says I can live for myself, even though we're talking about *my* life in the end. I also question other things, like why do I have to respect a teacher that bullies me and tells me all kinds of crap (even though he has no reason to hate me since I'm one of the best in my class), just because he's the teacher and I'm the student.

And there's another thing... I'm original, I like to be different from everyone else, but when I express it I either get bullied, shouted at, or downright humiliated (like it happens with my teacher). Everyone tries to make me become one of them, a "normal" person, and they don't give a damn that I'm a writer and an artist (...I'm going to publish a debut volume of short stories next year), and that I've got a damn fragile psychic balance... Sometimes I think the universe plain and simple hates me.

*sigh* You know, I actually feel better now that I got this out... If you actually want to sympathize with me, feel free to, and I will love you forever... XD

WOW!
It would seem that you are unique, like everybody else, you're not just afraid of showing it. Good for you!
I think they try to make you like them coz they feel insecure around you. It's no crime to think and act differently, and don't you let anyone tell you otherwise. You know yourself better than anybody ever will, even if they're you're teacher.
Trust yourself and be strong, be patient. It will pay off.

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

you are who you are...im really different than most ppl but i couldn't really give a shit what they say

ueon

ueon

Think outside the class...

It's not possible to be wrong by being different, if ur being teased for being different, the ones that r doing it are just ***** close-minded ppl.

@MrKarl only a list? i have a whole book -.-'

why a shovel? that's not nearly painful enough. the punishment should fit teh crime, doncha think?

i hear your prob, and this is my advice: live for yourself, and don't give a damn what others think. and you know what you say to people who try to tell you otherwise? no, it's not 'eff off', that's for when things get nasty. you simply tell them that they are entitled to their own opinions and beliefs and you are choosing to follow a more educated and colorful course. (of course, we're still taking into account being a good person right?)

zelious

zelious

Sleep is Gooood....

being different is not wrong. i mean i'm different and i'm proud of that because i'd rather be me than be the same as everyone. just let it be because in my view, those people are not smart enough to understand us different people(ahaha....). find people who will accept you as you are and ignore those who don't. it will pay off in the end so just be patient about it.

Quote by IsinhaOneday your personality will be an advantage rather than a problem, and they will... PERISH! bwahahaha

exactly! they WILL perish....XD

haikei

haikei kimi wa genki desu ka?

I am exactly like that though my questioning often leads me to my depression, insecurity and lack in momentum. There's nothing wrong but you know, different means alot of things to all people. I think you're just more aware or conscious of things left often unnoticed by people. I'm different and I meant different because I have my own style and people like me for it. There are those people who will or LIKE you as you are, there's nothing wrong with it. :D

REVENGE is best served COLD

oh my god. i don't even know you but i feel like i've known you my entire life. you are EXACTLY like me, i know how it feels, i'm so much different from everyone one else and people just can't except that and i'm prone to becoming really depressed at times, honestly, i get it from everyone, my mother, friends, teachers, relatives, everyone. i love drawing and writing as well as being original too, and this is really beginning to scare me how much we're alike...anyway, i just really, really wanted to tell you you're not alone and i thank you for starting this thread, really. so i'll see you round sometime, bye! p.s: about those stories you're writing, what exactly are they about (if i'm allowed to know that is) :)

xhidst

xhidst

Princess Slacker

i can't explain it, but i feel the same way. when inside the classroom, i'm trying to put myself within the crowd...but that's just for show. I'm totally different from other girls in the class. I mean..those girls were alike in many ways or another..and then when I think about it, i don't even like what they like. Sometimes I try to laugh with them and mingle with them and stuff, but when we talk my mind feeds on a lot of confusing thoughts and I get swarmed by these thoughts that I feel so different. I felt I was more aware of what's going on, and for dumbsake, they won't damn care.

But, really...for me, I'm fine thinking about these 'different' matters alone. I didn't want to share it with people whom I think are 'normal' in ths world. THey won't understand, most probably. But I don't hate being different, and I'm enjoying the fact that I know and feel something that others don't.

--Lying still, unsparkling eyes, whitest lips, cold as ice--

++The only reason most teachers are alive is because it is illegal to shoot them.++

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.