Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Manga Vector - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 7 total items

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

I know that this isn't a wall yet but I think I need help in correcting the shading on my vector before designing the background. I found this manga scan on a google search and just had to try to wall (and colour) it.

Original image

I have tried my best to colour the image appropriately but I would appreciate anyone's help in correcting my attempts at toning and highlighting.

My vector

If anyone is interested the BG will be a space scene, most probably through a window. Thanks to anyone who comments on this thread.

pyromaniac-kitty

pyromaniac-kitty

Don't freeze...Just CHill!

I think your choice of colors are wonderful! I know for sure it's not very easy to pick out colors that doesn't clash when you vector something b&w XD Just one thing though, I think the skin and part of the leotards lacks depth. It's kinda hard to manage that since the original manga didn't give it much depth in the 1st place. Try to play around with it a bit more on darker shades so it'll have that more profesional feel. I know you can do it! :D

Signature in violation of the Signature Guidelines

I like what you did there :) Good work !

yes, the colours were great - i like it
keep up the good work

aiya.

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

ok....
lets talk about the original image...
it seems like there is light coming from more then one source...or mayb they made a mistake, but the light seems to be a bit strong, just a BIT...
however...in ur image...there are a few mistakes...just a few..don't hate me :nya: ...
ok, first of all, i don't wanna sound like a pervert now, ok? but i do want to help u out pinpoint ur mistakes :) ...
her face....seems to be lacking...some parts of shades? if we assume the light coming from above her mostly...so...if u made the shadowed parts a BIT darker, and the highlights a BIT brighter...like her chest for example...(again, don't consider me a pervert, but i looked at every detail in it to tell u what's wrong)...
her chest, in the original image, u can tell that the color of it is the same as from her inner thighs...however in ur image, it seems that her chest area is one colored...even though its supposed to be black AND blue...if u noticed what i mean...OR...lookin at her right shoulder, in the original image, its bright, in urs, its dark...so u can add light to that area mayb...and the chest area would still be black, but a bit lighter...i know her face probably convers a bit...but for a female, the chest area really stands out (LOL again, not bein a pervert)!
ok, her left leg, i know this is hard, but havin a bit of shadow from her left arm (again, assuming the light is strongly above her)...
i know i'm being a pain in the ***, your choice of colors is wonderful, however, if you consider changing the "black" color, perhaps...switching your red and black colors? so her clothing would be red, and the outlines would be black...this way, shadows and highlights would be much more obvious ^_^....

sorry for this constructive explanation....but if its about help....i really like to help, and if i'm involved in something....i never let it get out of me if its not of best quality....in anything that is ;)

i hope that helped! weeooo! that was alot ^_^
bai bai for now!
===================
Leo

merged: 01-02-2006 ~ 02:07am
HAPPY NEW YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

Need shading on the "lighter" part of the pants like in the original. Otherwise, I like it.

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Great job. I think, however, that you need more shading on the face, the fingers, and a few other areas.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.