Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Euthanasia:what's your opinion? - Minitokyo

Euthanasia:what's your opinion?

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

eonir

eonir

Spreading Fire

Euthanasia can be a sign of mercy.
But, if wrong used, can be a tool of Bad People

If i was paralised, from the neck and lower...I would bite off my tongue and wait for death... for me death is always an option |:-l
Being paralysed is worse than Not-being anyway.

Some folks are wise, and some otherwise.
Signature

I think everyone should do with themselves what they want, unless it involves hurting(physically) others.

"Also, Russia liked America in the same way that little boys liked the ants they burnt on the sidewalks in the summer. Only with a little more pizzazz, and outer space." (or "why do they call this war cold, baby, when it's so hot between us?" xD. America/Russia in a nutshell)

"Is there just something in the water over here, that makes you guys every so often go 'fuck it, let's have a rumble?'. I'm not touching another one of your big, European, 'bring your friends' wars, like you're throwing a neighborhood potluck or something. It's not my job to ride in like the fucking cavalry every time you get into a jam." (America's thoughts on Europe, after the "well, that was pretty pointless" fiesta of WW1. From "The Chosen End")

I don't agree with euthanasia, but I also don't agree with putting unwilling people on life support. Is there a difference though? I don't know if I'm sounding hypocritical to you, but it's hard to explain how I feel about this subject. If a person is dying from cancer or lung disease then I don't feel that doctors should do anything to speed up the process of death, but if someone is a veg or has a dnr card (or is on life support) and has requested that they be taken off life support, then I feel that's their opinion and you shouldn't try to stall their death. I think death should be a natural thing and it isn't a human's choice in whether a person lives or dies.

<a href="http://www.buddymapping.com/maps/Elyse" target="_blank">Hey, be sure to add yourself to my map!!!!</a></td>

Wapy

Wapy

Blueheart's sister

I think I don't. I hate when it's about killing people. Nobody has the right to do it, even the person itself. We only have one life and people are still thinking that they can waste it!
Even If I was just about to die, I preffer to think that "Humans are born alone and alone they should die". Dying is natural, why kill?

Signature Image
Wapy's around.

I don't see what the problem with it is. If the person is in pain, and just wants to be euthanized, then let them. It's perfectly acceptable and understandable. If you are in so much pain that you are leaning towards euthanization, then it's obvious you're not going to "recover."

I have no problem at all with Euthanasia 99% of the time. I also have no problem at all with suicide in general. If someone wants to die, then that's up to them. It could be a stupid and/or selfish decision, but if there's one thing a person should have complete control over, it's his own life. To stand in judgment of someone who has ended his life is a waste of time and energy. I realize that the family and friends will get the Sh.. end of the stick, but that's just the way things are. It's unfortunate and sad, but the decision is ultimately up to the individual.

Don't get me wrong, if someone comes to you and tells you they're thinking about suicide, then you should do what you can to help them love life again. It's a cry for help in that case, not a resolute decision.

"If I were creating a world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, 8 o'clock, day 1." -Time Bandits

Siri

Siri

Suou

I think it's a person's right to continue living or to take their life.
Of course i think this kind of alternative should only be used on rare extreme circumstances.

I respect what bweb said, but somehow i wonder that if you were under excruciating pain and sickening nausia unending, every day, knowing that you werent even enjoying life, and feeling like a burden to the people you love even though you know that they don't feel that way about you.... that you would still have the strength to say those things.

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.