Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you think of all the different religions? - Minitokyo

What do you think of all the different religions?

page 1 of 1 24 total items

KuramasExlover

KuramasExlover

Rabbit Steps

I want to know what your thoughts are on all the different religions or even cults are. Which one do you trust?

There doesn't always have to be an end to something

Actually I'am very intrested in all of em. I always wanted to visit each country and there religions.

I dont like Religions.
They are Reasons for War and stuff.
But some poeple need them to have a sence in life.
So in my oppinoin you can think of what ever you want but i dont really depend on a religion.
I like my way of life and also nothing of the Religions are reale proofed yet.

CHC999

CHC999

"I want her to be alway happy"

Quote by ChulioI dont like Religions.
They are Reasons for War and stuff.

Oh no no no... religions dont start wars, its their worshippers. Im fine with religions, their perpose are mostly good, however I dont quite like the extremists.

Signature

I think it's neat...I personally have my own religion that states that I must believe in everything under God including God himself or herself so that means I must also believe that there are different views out there when it comes to God or lack of God and know that they are true.

"The emphases isn't on what...but on where and when." ;)

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

RubyDrg0n

Wanna-be-Drg0n

hmmm..... my thoughts on this is the effect of religions upon human behaviour....

I think the best religion is one which benefits its believers and non-believers the best..... which i think is Buddhism though Buddhism is not really a religion.....

coz i dont think it really give other ppl or religions any real pain like war and stuff.... like Christianity and Islam warring over each other..... nor the ancient witch hunt caused by Christianity in the dark age or....... oh well..... just read your history books.....

In my view, religion is just another way to control the masses. It's okay to worship God, no matter how you call Him (Allah, Jehova, Buddah, God, and so on), so long as you do it out of the heart and because you feel this way - not because you are supposed to. All these overly-complicated rituals nowadays (like the Christian confession, for instance - in the Orthodox religion you're supposed to do a million of stuff before and after you confess, and for what reason?!) don't do anything but drive people away. I'm Christian, but I never go to church, and instead I pray in my own way. I don't need priests to commune with God; I know he is up there, listening to my prayers.

not to offend anyone one who's a devout christian/muslim/buddisht etc. on mt, but i don't see any point to religion and i agree with the previous poster when he or she said it's just 'another way to control the masses'. i do believe in some sort of higher power but that's it. sorry, if i've offended anyone but i'm only giving you my opinion.

I'm a Christrian,upon stating that i guess my feeling are already known.I love Jesus. nuff said

RubyDrg0n

Wanna-be-Drg0n

erm..... can i ask wat about the non-believers of a higher entity? would that count as a religion?

Quote by RubyDrag0nthough Buddhism is not really a religion.....

Why don't you think Buddhism is a religion. Religion is defined as a belief concerning the supernatural, sacred, or divine; and the moral codes, practices, values, institutions and rituals associated with such belief. Doesn't Buddhism fall under those catorgories?

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

I personnally don't like what religion can do to people, i.e. fanatise them. There are many, many examples of senseless massacres in history because someone's God wasn't the "right" one. Religion is perfectly fine as long as it is personal. When religion gives out senseless rules, like hating homosexuals, demonizing women, not eating certain foods at certain times, that means it's out of hand.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

personally, i think religion is a thing that has been crea

merged: 01-07-2006 ~ 08:44pm
personally, i think religion is a thing that has been created by human to understand what they did not understand... you know... someone don't understand something, and he says "it's god that rule the world, and everything"... personally (it's just my thoughts) i don't think religion is a bad thing, but i'm not sure it's really useful... anyway, if it can help someone to feel better, it's ok... i think religion (or the people who believe in) is for some people a reason to make war to others (look the islamist extremists...) i have nothing against musulman (i have some musulmans friend, and it's ok), but i don't appreciate people who kills others because of religion...

pawafaru hikaru kurofomuru !

RubyDrg0n

Wanna-be-Drg0n

funmanchu:

I think Buddhism is partially religion relying on its believers..... coz i think it is more to a teaching of life though i am not sure..... coz i havent really talked with alot of Buddhist and really go through the teachings yet...... but i may be so if you think so.....

RubyDrg0n:
Yea Buddhism is considered a religion and a philosophy.

forte712

forte712

I see the monkey mind...

I personally study and practice Buddhism.
I find it very logical and suits my view on the world.
There is no threat of hell or temptation of heaven when u become a Buddhist or converting to other religions.
Also, I like the whole 'Ehipasikko' (sp?) concept. "Come and see for yourself", instead of come, and believe. Its a very free thinking religion, I think.

Ii shoubu ni shioze! ~ Maeda Keiji

I am a Christrian too, and I think the people who begin a war because of their extream belives are not really beliving and following the true teahings of their belives. Like Chritrains, the bible never tell people to kill others just because they don't belive the same thing... I think they just used it as a reason to start wars and gain power.

Quote by mini-mouse I am a Christrian too, and I think the people who begin a war because of their extream belives are not really beliving and following the true teahings of their belives. Like Chritrains, the bible never tell people to kill others just because they don't belive the same thing... I think they just used it as a reason to start wars and gain power.

I agree with that. One of the reasons my religion does not go to war is because we might be fighting those in the same religion over in that country as well as the bible's command not to kill.

\\\"Pervert!!!\\\" -Naru Narusegewa
member ofhinalovers
animated-animation

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

Most religions are refuges for those too weak to think for themselves. I really do not like any of them.

I don't trust any of them absolutely... or even moderately - that'd just be stupid of me. Religion today is weak... if you look to the founders of the major religions exisiting today, you'd find that their message has been obscured by the weak - people who change religion (or parts of it) to suit them and their lifestyles.

I believe that each major religion carries some truth within it's teachings, but that's as far as I would go in giving them any credit for anything substantial and pure.

I'm Catholic but I don't practice. Why? Well, tell me, since when did Jesus (not the Church) say that we had to go to mass every Sunday? Poeple wear crosses around their neck... why? Religion is just a tool that's being used to "unite" the masses. Weak-minded people ruin religion.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

I was raised Jewish and I have a non practicing Christian boyfriend. But what I think is:

If there is a God, s/he wouldn't want me to waste my time in a room doing nothing with my life. That's why I disagree with going to church or synagogue.

If there is, s/he/it wouldn't want me wasting my time. If there's not...well, I don't want to waste my time.

Buddhism is just a teaching/philosophy. Lord Gautama Buddha actually questioned the existence of the Hindu Gods during his journey for enlightenment. Not sure how it was given the status of religion though but I recalled reading up on several theories on how to classify something as a religion or not.

UberDog

UberDog

I Walk Alone...

The more the merrier.

Knowledge and Time are the Keys to Wisdom.Signature Image

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

IMPOV religions is not a problem but the problem is the men...what's worth is that we blame the religions? Yeah,...there are some ppls really fanatics with their belief and I don't think that religions is the one who started the war...it's the men...well, that's my point^^

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.