Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Artwork Stealing (online mainly) - Minitokyo

Artwork Stealing (online mainly)

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Artwork Stealers! Argh.
I was recently browsing other fanwork sites and came across quite a few "artists" that steal and/or trace their entries.
And perhaps what is more annoying are people who don't realise that the art is so obviously stolen!
I mean really. I don't see the fun in reaping nice comments about a great work that's not yours! Why do people do it?!
Come across any lately?

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

lack of care... let them con "artists" be

-repeat-

I don't know why I feel so strongly about this issue that I was compelled to make a thread about it. But I guess being an artist myself, I understand the effort, feeling and time you put into a piece of work. Just like the class essay that you worked your butt off for, only for the guy who copied and pasted his in an hour to get the same mark as you. Where is the justice in that?
It's a matter of plagiarism. You really can't just 'let that be'.

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

I agree... I actually don't post most of my original art because I don't like people taking it, especially since it has happened before. -_- Some people are just too lazy, or want to feel specia,l I guess... :(

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

In the end, how is it that you feel violated that someone is using your work for their own means? Plagiarism is an offense on the collegiate level where you are expected to understand the material and respond using your own knowledge, not someone elses hard, or not, work. The argument you put forth has it's merits, yet maybe all you are truly looking for is a little feedback from the theif that he/she stole/copied what you created. Honestly, for myself, if I see someone using my work for some reason, I feel content and even happy that it has enough value that someone would take their time for their own use. Maybe you can enlighten me with your logic as to how you feel that you cannot just "let that be" a little more...

-repeat-

those who take credit for other people's work are the worst kind of people on the net... but the problem is that it is very hard (most of the time) to prove the innocence or guilt of the accused...
after all, the accused can always say that he made the piece first and counter accuse the other person of theft...

that is why i dont do CG... pencil and paper is still the best for me ^^

I don't see how you wouldn't feel violated if someone stole one of your atworks, labelled it as their own, pretended they knew how it 'worked', and reaped all the credit. You can even go as far as to say they actually are degrading the piece by doing so.

Sure, I would be flattered aswell if someone thought my work was good enough to steal. But there are better ways of appreciating art, like through feedback as you said.

And they're not really taking their time, it's just a few seconds with a click of a mouse, and viola, they claim ownership of work that originally took hours.

I can't just 'let that be' bacause you don't create things just to get them stolen from you.
(Collegiate? Plagiarism is an offence on a college level?)

ugh...yeah..I hate those ppl especially the ones who take credits for other ppl's work...screw em...already saw a whole lot of example...
whatever...

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.