Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 frontpage vs dreamweaver - Minitokyo

frontpage vs dreamweaver

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

for those html illiterate (like myself), which one is better for designing websites? microsoft's frontpage or macromedia's dreamweaver? or is there a better software than those two?

hidekeitaro

hidekeitaro

MEMENTO MORI

Dreamwaver is the better no doubt XD

Signature

Hmm. I'm familiar with both and have created Web sites with both. My impressions:

FrontPage is easiest to start out with, especially if you want to create simple sites (static content, no fancy graphics or coding). For doing common tasks, posting simple updates, etc., this is a good program to learn with. But the more you work with it, the more you find things you don't like. It forces you to do things only one way (the microsoft way!), and you may not like that after a while.

Dreamweaver is the most powerful and has the most features, and far more pros use it than FrontPage. It is also more complex than FrontPage and takes longer to learn. You really need to work through the tutorials, or have a good book with you, when you work with this program. The more you work with it, the more you like it -- but it does have some weird ways of doing things, ways that make you go, "Why did they do it like *that*?"

If you're a serious code monkey then I'd use HomeSite. Pure html, no BS. Great program for pros who want to do the job, do it fast, without tripping over tools, palettes, and wizards.

I fully agree with miketo.
FrontPage goes Microsoft's way with many trash in the code.
Dreamweaver have more cleaner code, so from these two is better, I think.
But I also preffer only source-code editor (PSPad - very simple, very fast, free), with external preview in Mozilla and Opera. HomeSite is also good, but a little bit slower start than I want.
Another very good HTML editors are for example HotDog Pro, AceHTML, HTML-Kit(free), ... and many others. Everybody can choose, which fit him best.

Wouldn't it be wonderfull to get into one of the nice manga/anime story? It must be dreamland... ^_^

thanks for the input guys. i actually tried using frontpage, but somehow the websites look too much like powerpoint presentations. is dreamweaver difficult to learn?

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Oh, there's one superior by Microsoft that I use: Notepad ! :nya:

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

flyingsouldragon

Dragon of old age.

well i prefer dreamweaver over frontpage just think it sucks, and have to agree with zdenek notepad is also nice for php or html coding :)
dreamweaver takes a little while to learn but once u learn it ur happy about it.

fly

sanmadjack

sanmadjack

Tube tops are too cylindrical

Well, seeing as I'm anti-M$, Frontpage sucks.
I've seen some really good sites done with Dreamweaver, so I'd say it's the better of the two, but me, being an opensource junkie, I like to write all my sites by hand. Gives me a very precise control over everything.

Signature
Registered Linux user 395626
Hi-Res Icons - http://www.rabiez.tk/
Want a gmail address? Let me know, I've got invites coming out of my butt!

The Dreamweaver tutorials aren't difficult, and there are some good books out there on Dreamweaver. Whatever you do for your own Web site, start small, like three or so pages with static content, and work up from there. The wysiwig (what you see is what you get) editors make it pretty easy to create good-looking sites. But you'll find that you want to go into the HTML to tweak things directly. Don't worry about getting an HTML book just yet; most online help in the programs tells you what you need to get started.

SanMadJack, do you have a Linux / open-source editor or WYSIWIG program you like? Also, have you tried using the HTML editor in OpenOffice yet?

rojacol

rojacol

.:INtheEXILE:.

Dreamweaver is great than FP!

Signature Image
||Browse my Gallery||
||Miembro orgulloso de: (Proud member of) Hispanime||

I dont have much with DW, but i really like frontpage,, its easy to use.. and i use flash 6.. just copy/paste it into FP >_<

Dreamweaver, I love that program :D

Fantasia

Fantasia

BT Panda

Dreamwaver.....I think so.....cuz I like Firework:sweat: ther are of the same Co.
in fact I can't use either,I just use the I Page,a web creating software for foolish to build my site,sigh

Signature
Welcome to [the 7th track]: http://www.wobushuang.net/fan/

Dreamweaver i very good. Front page is easy.

Front page will be better for HTML illeterate. It also has lots of samples built in. All you need to do is load a sample and set some hyper link to buttons and you can set up a fairly nice website.
Dream weaver is for more professional programmer. I loved its split interface that allow me to see whats going on when I write code. Or in reverse, help me know how certain html code works. WHich saves your time to open up your HTML book and check certain codes.

Furikuu

Furikuu

Giant Panda

I'm not totally fluent in html. I use Dreamweaver 3 (wouldn't mind an upgrade to MX, though) and when needed or able can use it's built in code-editor to tweak stuff. I get total control over layout that way. Don't forget just because it's marketed as a 'wysiwyg' editor you can't also use it for realtime coding and previewing :P

Signature Image

Yune

Yune

will visit once in a while.

Going with Miketo... Dream Weaver...Front Page for beginners, then DW for more functions and scripting

Signature Image

Dreamweaver, but Frontpage is easier to use in my opinion.

I think Dreamwaver is the better... it's not so hard to use, and have a lots of functions...

Signature

Like you, I'm html illiterate. XD Well, I know total basics, like "body", and > brackets, but that's about it. =P

We were taught from FrontPage at school as 14 year-olds with short attention spans. Like has been said, it's good for basics. You can get most of what you want done without too much fuss.

I 'taught myself' to use Dreamweaver. Quote marke because I still don't know jack about html. =P But I've learned more about the way stuff works through using Dreamweaver. Just go through the tutorials once, maybe twice if you're a slow learner. XD <-can be.

Layout mode is an absolute Godsend.

Frosty

Frosty

: One Luv :

Its Dreamweaver or Notpad, anything else is trash. (My opinnion) :hmpf:

Signature

I think Dreamweaver is better.........but frontpage is more easily

RahXephon

the Professor

It looks like the most people here prefer DreamWeaver over Frontpage... Frontpage being more noob-friendly and DW being more powerful. I find it odd that most of u use Dreamweaver, but use Photoshop instead of one of Macromedia's other program, Fireworks. I use Macromedia Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash.

snx

snx

Mr K.

IMHO Dreamwaver is better than FrontPage.

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.