Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 do u believe in the devil? - Minitokyo

do u believe in the devil?

devil excits????

yes
26 votes
no
22 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

melissa-clyne

feel the music...

evil for me is just something people uses to cover what they've done... I really think the same as RubyDrg0n ^^

Don't be sad because it finished, be happy because it happened...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

I do not believe in anything supernatural. That would include this rather stupid concept of the Devil.

tidus123456

tidus123456

The Venger

Frankly not, because it is a creation made of all parts, by the
man, like the réligion in oneself. Frankly, with 21st century I find abnormal
that many people are religious...

I don't believe in God so I also don't believe in devil !

Ouji-San

Biohazard Fan Yeah!!!

Yeah i believe there is a Devil Called "Lucifer" the First Fallen Angle that was the one that God saw a to be in Second in command. I think he just tryed something or he was the first to feel greed(im not explainign that idea to you its gonna take too long)

Anyhow i Folow God since he made my Soul and helpd me out besides i dont want to suffur again after death (Hell pits of Darkness and Eternal Pain) well hes gonna get a second chance anyhow and mess it up apparently (well wait for him the War will come ).

Im not aithiast coz i think aithist dont think to well or are narro minded some of them any how my best friends are Aithiest (sorry i cant spell that i think).

So conclution I believe that there is a Devil and 1 God and the devils name is Lucifer and God's name has not been said...........I hope people dont think of me as a freak but i like these types of descutions if people are willing to asxept good theories or opinions on these matters but on a forum yeah it makes it hard i think.

Im typing a lot maybe sometime i should make a thread on believes like this. or someone else could (if there isn tone already).

Sweat and my the Devil leave your soul alone.............

http://hsm.jconserv.net/
My 3D work!!!

Actually, ShrinkNerv4Eva, Arc in Hebrew Means Chief or Principle Angel. So Michael would be the highest of the angels.

merged: 01-13-2006 ~ 03:00am
I believe that there is a devil because mainly I believe what the Bible teaches. With that said, many people misapply what devil actually means. There is the Devil, who first outright opposed God's will and became chief of the demons. And there are devils, people who opposes God's will and standards as Satan did. Devil means resister or rebel, relating to God's standards. Therefore, anyone who disregards God's laws are devils.

I believe in God and I believe in Satan too. It's amazing how even Satan acknowledges that God exists, despite how opposed he is to Him.

"SING like no one's listening, DANCE like no one's watching, LOVE like you've never been hurt."

the devil is only the embodiment of all peoples sins. When one asks if you add up all wrong ever done you get the devil. And as long as there is evil there is a devil. No evil, no devil

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

im athiest
the devil is everywhere:
within the murderer and the rapist;
the thief, the one who lusts.
the man who doth not give to the needy
the man who commits a wrong,
and feels no guilt.

a little poetry for youz guys

besides the devil gives the wrong image of lucifer
lucifer is the fallen angel, not the horned monster thing

merged: 01-13-2006 ~ 12:47pm
death solves all problems;
no man, no problem
joseph stalin

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Quote by JazzActually, ShrinkNerv4Eva, Arc in Hebrew Means Chief or Principle Angel. So Michael would be the highest of the angels.

merged: 01-13-2006 ~ 03:00am
I believe that there is a devil because mainly I believe what the Bible teaches. With that said, many people misapply what devil actually means. There is the Devil, who first outright opposed God's will and became chief of the demons. And there are devils, people who opposes God's will and standards as Satan did. Devil means resister or rebel, relating to God's standards. Therefore, anyone who disregards God's laws are devils.

I was arguing about the hiearchy of angels w/someone else too. Arc may mean "chief," but archangels are of the lowest rung of the order. As angels appear more human-like, theire rank lowers--archangels look the most human. The highest positions go to the Seriphim. I remember seeing this in two sources, on being Angels for Dummies ^_^''

Until I porsonally see the devil my answer is no. People in masks and or delusions do not count.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

The heirarchy of Angels is as listed. Taken from various websites including http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchy_of_angels

As you can see archangels are second to last although there are different ways in which people have ordered them.

SERAPHIM

They were considered the highest order of the Hierarchy of Angels. They are the Angels of Love, Light, and Fire. Seraphim are the closest to God. In the Throne Room, several of the Seraphim were described as flying directly above the Throne of God and constantly sing His praise. They are also called "the Burning Ones" because they are aflame with Love. It is said that the light they give off is so intense, that not even other divine beings may look upon them. There is said to be four of these angelic beings. They are listed as the four holy beasts in the book of Revelation and are also described as angels with six wings; two covering the face, two covering the feet, and two were used for flying." They are associated with the color of white.

CHERUBIM

The second highest Order of Angels. Their name stands for "Wisdom" or "one who prays." In the Throne Room they were said to stand next to the Throne of God. They are also depicted on the Ark of the Covenant as its Guardians. Cherubs are the first Angels mentioned in the Bible when two Cherubs are placed by God to guard the gates to Eden with Flaming Swords. "He drove out the man; and at the east of the Garden of Eden he placed the Cherubim, and a Flaming Sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the Tree of Life." Genesis 3:24. The Cherubim were also known as the record keepers of Heaven. They were not described as the cute little "cupid like" angels depicted by painters, but instead as having four wings.

THRONES

The third ranking Order of Angels. They were also known as "Wheels" and "the Many-eyed Ones". They were considered Angels of Justice as they were said to carry out God's decisions. These Angels were often believed to be deployed like charioteers around the Throne of God. They were described in Ezekiel 1:13-19 as having four wings and four faces. They sparkled like the color of burnished brass. They had the hands of a man under their wings. Their wings were joined one to the other and they did not turn when they traveled - they all went straight forward. They had four faces. They had the face of a man as well as three other faces on their helmets - that of a lion, an ox, and an eagle. They moved on wheels in the middle of wheels, blue-green in color. Above their heads "the likeness of the firmament," which was the color of crystal, and under this were their wings, two on each side of their bodies. The noise of their wings was "like the noise of great waters."

DOMINIONS

The fourth ranking Order of Angels. According to Jewish traditions, the success or failure of nations was decided by this Order of Guardian Angels. Dionysius claims that this realm "regulates the Angels." Dominations have been described as wearing long albs, or gowns reaching to their feet, hitched with a golden belt and adorned with a green sole. They carry golden staffs in the right hand and the Seal of God in the left. At other times, they are said to hold an orb or a specter.

VIRTUES

The fifth ranking Order of Angels. They have been called "The Brilliant or Shining Ones." They were called the Angels of miracles, encouragement, and blessings, and were particularly involved with people struggling with their faith. Virtues have been said to be the chief bestowers of grace and valor. The two Angels at the Ascension of Jesus were traditionally believed to be from the Order of Virtues. Virtues were usually represented in a group.

POWERS

The sixth ranking Order of Angels. Powers have been credited as being the first Order of Angels created by God. responsible for maintaining the border between Heaven and Earth. Acting as a sort of elite guard, they constantly watch for demonic attack, and are the major line of defense and battle during heavenly warfare. It is their duty to protect the world from the infiltration of demons. They protect our souls from these evil beings and act as ministers of God who avenge evil in the world. It was also believed that at death, the Powers guided our transition to Heaven.

PRINCIPALITIES

The seventh ranking Order of Angels. The Principalities were described as the Angels who protect religions. They were also considered to be the guardians over the nations and the leaders of the world. As such, they are assumed to be given more freedom to act than the lesser angels below them and are responsible for carrying out divine acts concerning their area of jurisdiction. It was from this Order that the Angel who aided David in his task of slaying Goliath was thought to have come. Finally, they are given to the task of managing the duties of the angels. Principalities have been described as being dressed in soldier's uniforms with golden girdles.

ARCHANGELS

The eighth ranking Order of Angels. These were considered to be the Angels in command of ministering to humans. They are also the most widely known Order of Angels, since the only Angels mentioned by name in the Bible (Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael) come from this Order. They carry God's messages to humans and are ultimately in command of God's Armies of Angels who are constantly in spiritual warfare with the forces of evil and the fallen angels. The number of Archangels usually considered to be associated with our system of worlds is seven, as in the Seven Angels who stand before God in Revelation 8:2, which is often interpreted to mean the Seven Archangels. The Seven Archangels are Michael, Jophiel, Chamuel, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, and Zadkiel.

ANGELS

The ninth ranking Order of Angels. Angels are the Order closest to humanity. The word angel derives from the Greek "Angelos" meaning "messenger." . First, they are responsible for watching over the affairs of mortals in a more direct manner than the principalities. Instead of watching entire nations, angels watch over households and individual souls, guiding them subtlety and keeping them safe from demonic attack. Also, they are the carriers of God's word to mankind, acting as messengers and couriers to both God and the upper ranks of angelkind as well. In Hebrew, they are called Mal'akh, meaning "messenger", in Persian the word is Angaros or "Courier".

i dont believe in the devil why should i when i dont believe in god either

Signature

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Devils, angels, everything supernatural for that matter, is a product of man's imagination, and, in my opinion, is dogmatic trash. Every supernatural occurence can be explained by science.

I belive in God so i must belive in devil 2.

Yes, I believe.

eonir

eonir

Spreading Fire

Devil exists in every human being...
God is in every believer, Devil is in every human - why?
Everyone has a bad an a good side of his personality...everything is relative, so we can't see the Devil...

That's why, if someone wants to destroy evil, he must destroy humanity...

Some folks are wise, and some otherwise.
Signature

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

If he is powerful enough to destroy humanity wouldn't it be better to just destroy the devil in humanity?

man makes his own choices. it is these choices that we make that determine if we are gods or devils. we are all devils when our thoughts/actions are wrongfully intended (eg lying, stealing, lust, jealousy ect) but we are also gods when do whats right (and its even better if we do it with no thought of reward in mind)

so, do i belive in the devil? ~_~ yes, i belive that he is there, but the devil lives in me... along with god.

its the choices we make

HFD

bucause ther is bad people and good people
there is evil and there is heaven

merged: 01-15-2006 ~ 09:47am
there is angels and there is devils

CHC999

CHC999

"I want her to be alway happy"

Taken from Wilipedia- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michaelis%27_classification_of_demons

Psellus' classification of demons

This is a classification of demons prepared by Michael Psellus in the 11th century and that undoubtedly was an inspiration for the one Francesco Maria Guazzo prepared later.

* avoid daylight and are invisible to people
* Demons of fire, which dwell far from us.

Spina's classification of demons

Alfonso de Spina, in 1467, prepared a classification of demons based on several criteria:

* Demons of fate
* Goblins
* Incubi and succubae
* Wandering herds or armies of demons
* Familiars
* Drudes
* Demons that are born from the union of a demon with a human being.
* Liar and mischievous demons
* Demons that attack the saints
* Demons that try to induce old women to attend Sabbaths

This classification is somewhat capricious and it is difficult to find a criterion for it. It seems that Spina was inspired by several legends and stories. The drudes belong to German folklore. Familiars, goblins, and other mischievous demons belong to the folklore of most European countries.

The belief in incubi and succubae (and their ability to procreate) seem to have inspired the sixth category, but it could also have been inspired in the Talmudic legend of demons having sexual intercourse with mortal women (see also Mastema).

The visions of tempting demons that some early (and not too early) saints had, perhaps inspired the ninth category (i.e. the visions of Anthony the Great).

The idea of old women attending Sabbaths was common during the European Middle Age and Renaissance, and Spina mentioned it before the Malleus Maleficarum as it is possible to see.

Binsfeld's classification of demons

Binsfeld's classification of demons was prepared in 1589 by Peter Binsfeld. His demon classification based on the seven deadly sins, establishing that each one of the mentioned demons tempted people by means of one of those sins.

* Lucifer: arrogance
* Mammon: avarice (greed)
* Asmodai: lust
* Satan: wrath
* Beelzebub: gluttony
* Leviathan: jealousy
* Belphegor: sloth (laziness)

Guazzo's classification of demons

Francesco Maria Guazzo prepared this classification of demons based on a previous work by Michael Psellus. It was published in his book Compendium Maleficarum in 1608.

* Demons of the superior layers of the air, which never establish a relationship with people.
* Demons of the inferior layers of the air, which are responsible for storms.
* Demons of earth, which dwell in fields, caves and forests.
* Demons of water, which are female demons, and destroy aquatic animals.
* Demons of the underground part of the earth, responsible of keeping hidden treasures, causing earthquakes, and causing the crumbling of houses.
* Demons of the night, which are black and evil. These demons avoid daylight.

Michaelis' classification of demons

In 1613 Sebastian Michaelis wrote a book, Admirable History, in which included a classification of demons as it was told to him by the demon Berith when he was exorcising a nun (according to the author). This classification is based in hierarchies, the sins by means of which the temptation is made, and includes the demons' adversaries (these adversaries are who allegedly suffered that temptation without falling).

Note that many demons' names are exclusively French or unknown in other catalogues. St. John and St. John the Evangelist are the same but were written as if they were different persons (or did he consider St. John as John the Baptist?), and other saints are cited only by their name without making clear, i.e., which Francis is (of Assisi?).

First Hierarchy

* Beelzebub: arrogance; adversary, St. Francis
* Leviathan: attacks Christian religious beliefs; adversary, St. Peter
* Asmodai: lust; adversary: St. John
* Berith: murdering and blasphemy; adversary, St. Barnabas
* Astaroth: laziness and vanity; adversary, St. Bartholomew
* Verrin: impatience; adversary, St. Dominic
* Gresil: impurity, uncleanness and nastiness; adversary, St. Bernard
* Sonnilon: hate; adversary, St. Stephen.

Second Hierarchy

* Karo (demon): unpitying; adversary, St. Vincent
* Camal: lust; adversary, St. John the Evangelist
* Oeillet: richness; adversary, St. Martin
* Rosier: sensuality; adversary, St. Basil
* Soufflet: disobedience; adversary, St. Bernard

Third Hierarchy

* Belial: arrogance; adversary, St. Francis of Paula
* Olivier: fierceness, greediness and envy; adversary, St. Lawrence
* Jouvart: sexuality; adversary, not cited.

Barrett's classification of demons

Francis Barrett, in his book The magus (1801), offered this classification of demons, making them princes of some evil attitude, person or thing:

* Mammon: seducers
* Asmodai: vile revenges
* Satan: witches and warlocks
* Pithius: liars and liar spirits
* Belial: fraud and injustice
* Merihem: pestilences and spirits that cause pestilences
* Abaddon: war, evil against good
* Astaroth: inquisitors and accusers

Classification by month

During the 16th century it was believed that each demon had more strength to accomplish his mission during a special month of the year. In this way, he and his assistants' powers would work better during that month.

* Belial in January
* Leviathan in February
* Satan in March
* Belphegor in April
* Lucifer in May
* Berith in June
* Beelzebub in July
* Astaroth in August
* Thammuz in September
* Baal in October
* Asmodai in November
* Moloch in December

The classification of demons by month seems to have astrological implications more than religious ones.

Signature

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

There is no dicotomy between good and evil. Devils are man-made creations used as an excuse for the evil that people have. Why would God create a devil, or a system of devils? No, evil comes from the fact that people are imperfect.

So alot of you actually believe there was a brilliant person, who felt like writing a book about things we can't even understand? Cause that is what the Bible is, things are written there we can't understand (yet). But in time we will all know it is the truth.
I believe in God, so I also believe the devil exists. And for the part about angels... I ain't sure about that. I don't even recall the name Micheal from the bible... neither do I recall any names of angels from the bible... maybe I should read it even more carefully...

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Quote by ShrinkNerv4EvaNo, evil comes from the fact that people are imperfect.

If humans are imperferct that means they were made imperfect. If they had been created perfect you can't make them imperfect later. What is perfect cannot be tainted by imperfection. If they were really made imperfect, as you suggest, that means a perfect God does not exist. What is perfect cannot make imperfect creations. He does not make mistakes.

A logical conclusion could be that God made the evil in Men as well and that evil is a part of our perfection. It could be that to be perfect one must both be good AND evil. In short, you have to be human.....

Or it could mean that a perfect God does not exist.

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 55 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.