Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 live-ation GTO - Minitokyo

live-ation GTO

Tagged under Great Teacher Onizuka

page 1 of 1 10 total items

although it's been out since about 1998, the GTO live-action drama (the jap one, there's a chinese one too) seems to be very popular. i've only seen a few eps, but straightaway you can see how they're changed it and taken things out, to make it more realistic and film-able XD the live action GTO is still pretty good!

i love that they worked to keep the show's trademark onizuka personality intact, whereas i don't like what they've reduced the fuyutsuki to. instead of being the kind, earnest person trying with all her effort to become a great teacher, in the live-action... she never even wanted to be a teacher! and only does it because she couldn't become a stewardess... a stewardess! she's also quite shallow and 2-faced in my mind... -_-

otherwise, the live-action aspires to be just as kooky as the manga or anime. what do other people think of it?

Personally, I love the GTO live action series! hehe

I watched the drama too. Its really nice. Although I din watch the beginning. I'm really sad. The manga was more funny though but the drama is just as nice! ^^
Love GTO!

theres a chinese one!?!?! (any links?) well anyway i couldnt get my hands on the japanese live action version of it but i heard that it was good

aiya.

ive only ever seen the anime. any links to have a look? GTO rocks :)

Ive only watchet a couple of scenes from live version but it looks very different form animated version. Onizuka has black hair (not blonde.. too bad :( ) and everything is much more quietfull and boring ? But I'm still want to watch he whole series, after all it's a GTO :).

I would watch GTO live action...but with the lack of Urumu Kanzaki, I don't think I could go on lol. c'mon man, how are you gonna do a live action version of something and not include the best character in the manga/anime! I also don't like that they cut out the Urumu/Onizuka love interest thing in the anime.

I hate to sound like an idiot but would anyone care to explain what exactly GTO stands for? A live action version of a manga does sound quite interesting to me :D

referring you to the experts XD good ol' wikipedia actually has a really good run-down of both the manga & live action.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Teacher_Onizuka

Ah thanks for that, looks quite interesting, I'm always impressed with how much information you can find on really obscure things at Wikipedia! :D

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.