Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 POLL: Should ppl get Fired from Work 4 Smoking &/or Overweight? - Minitokyo

POLL: Should ppl get Fired from Work 4 Smoking &/or Overweight?

should ppl get fired for smoking and or overweight at work?

Smokers ONLY Should Quit or get Fired!
9 votes
Overweight people ONLY Should lose weight or get Fired!
3 votes
Smokers & Overweight ppl Should Quit their ways or get Fired!
7 votes
Corporations have no rights to tell us what to do...
23 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 29 total items

This is one of the BIGGEST B.S. i have ever heard. Ok, so you smoke or perhaps you are overweight. So what? What people do is their business, PERIOD! Just because you smoke or perhaps you're overweight doesn't necessary mean that your going to cost the company money. Is there some kind of statistics on this? And in some company/workplaces, you are paying for your benifits outta of your paycheck.

Another thing that kind of bugs me is that most company spend a good amount of money in doing drug test screening and such to find clean workers. But does it work? Hell no it doesn't, you'll find atleast one or two people in your work area who does some king of drug, whether its smoking pot, or other various substances. So why bother wasting money on such useless thing in the first place if they care so much about losing money?

Basically my point here is that, i really don't care if they smoke or if they are overweight. As long as they are a good and reliable worker, then they can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't create a problem at work. And another thing on the overweight topic, i take it that being overweight is leading somewhere to the having a heart problem category? Again, you can be healthy and still have a heart/health problems. So why just limit this to overweight people? This is just pure Discrimination in its clearest form and i can sense lawsuits already. And you know something, instead of tring to sugar coating it by saying "ppl will get fired for smoking and for being overweight at work." Might as well say it like this, "your being fired simply coz i don't like you, simple as that."

i think it is just plan disgusting that someone would even consider firing someone for one of these reason. 1 you smoke then that's you chioce. if were you are does not allow smoking and you dont smoke there thats fine. and as for the over weaight, losing weight could take months., and who to say who is fat or tin?

hmmm i dont think any corp has the right but i do think that faty, fat, fatso's need to really lose the weight for themselves and no one else. smokers.......well, they kinda succumb to natural selection if ya know what i mean.

Don't think fat people should be fired..although certain smokers deserve to be shot.

It depends on what the job is, for example you don't want a smoker in a medical job, plus statistically smokers are inefficint workers. An overweight person is often simply not fit enough to do a job, I wouldn't be as extreme as firing them, rather put them on probation for a period of time and make them retake their medical assessment, if they pass after the probation period then they are still good for the job, otherwise they need to lose some weight and find another.

I know this sounds ruthless, but it is in their best interest for these people to not smoke/lose weight so sometimes being fired for that reason can act as encouragement.

As for firing them. you could fire a smoker easily, all you would have to do is argue that the fact they smoke is a testament to their careless attitude (I mean you'd have to not care about your health a fair bit to smoke), not the type you want working for you.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 29 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.