Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A little help? - Minitokyo

A little help?

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Hi, I'm just beginning with wallpaper-making and I absolutely LOVE anime:). I'm just mucking aroung with photoshop at the moment but i don't know much other than the basics.

if anyone could suggest a program ~ preferably user friendly ^_^' ~ i'd be eternally greatful ^_^

Also i'm having serious issues lasoing singular pieces/characters out of their original background ~ either taking too much or too little:\. Got any tips?

Thanx in advance :P ^_^

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

You may want to check out the first post in the Photoshop tutorial sites thread to find good tutorials. I've looked at a few and they are generally well written.

For extraction, I think Shinta did a good job (his tutorial uses polygonal lasso): http://www.imanimetions.net/tutorial/tutorial.php?view=extract

More advance artists generally use the Pen tool rather than the polygonal lasso because you can add new anchor points to fix mistakes and such. But if you are a beginning, then polygonal lasso at 600% zoom or above should be good. The pen tool requires some more practice to get the hang of it.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.