Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 beginner desperately seeking help :) - Minitokyo

beginner desperately seeking help :)

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Hi, I'm just beginning with wallpaper-making and I absolutely LOVE anime:). I'm just mucking aroung with photoshop at the moment but i don't know much other than the basics.

if anyone could suggest a program ~ preferably user friendly ^_^' ~ i'd be eternally greatful ^_^

Also i'm having serious issues lasoing singular pieces/characters out of their original background ~ either taking too much or too little:\. Got any tips?

Thanx in advance :P ^_^

Cammie

Cammie

Yurikitten

Im using photoshop to make wallpapers, why would you need another one :P. And the magic lasso often does that ive noticed, try and use the magic wand to target the background and areas you want gone then press delete. This can be a problem if the picture has lots of 'crap' in it <_< anyhow im very new to it aswell and im having loads of fun, i wish ya all the luck ^_-

Thanx for your help. I'm just learning the intricacies of the the magic wand myself - it's preety damn good. It's becming clear to me that I have a LOT to learn with photoshop :P... Thanx again! :)

While the magic wand can be useful in deleting large objects...for better detailed extraction of characters...you should try using the polygon lasso tool or the pen tool (which allows you to edit the outline)
Photoshop definitely requires a lot of time/effort to learn, but it's worth it...so just keep playing around...the more experience you have, the easier it will get :)
Also take a look at some of the online tutorials...there are some sites listed in the art forum

the best way that I found is with the quick mask. What I do is Select all the pic then turn on the quick mask Zoom in really Close like 1500 % and using the eraser tool erase the colored layer From the subject I want to single out it takes lots of work but is worth it! oh and if you have to leave While you are doing this remember to save the selection or you will lose everything. you have to go to the Selection menu and click on "save Selection" then save the whole psd File and when you open It again go back to the selection menu and click "load Selection" and what you did before will come up and you can start where you left Off!

merged: 03-20-2006 ~ 04:12pm
the best way that I found is with the quick mask. What I do is Select all the pic then turn on the quick mask Zoom in really Close like 1500 % and using the eraser tool erase the colored layer From the subject I want to single out it takes lots of work but is worth it! oh and if you have to leave While you are doing this remember to save the selection or you will lose everything. you have to go to the Selection menu and click on "save Selection" then save the whole psd File and when you open It again go back to the selection menu and click "load Selection" and what you did before will come up and you can start where you left Off!

Yeah, I've recently discovered the quick mask mode for myself and it's really something =D. I think where I need most help is in the creation of BGs... and stuff =P

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Quote by Forum Guidelines+Old and decrepit threads
If a thread has not had any new posts in over four weeks, it can be considered inactive and a new thread can be opened on the same topic.

kykyopj

kykyopj

*Miko-chan

Whay don't you look for tutorials? Thy're everywere. Tipe in the serch module Phposhop Tutorials and pic. Thy are too meny nt to notice them and some of them are very simple. Try it!

"Life is ment for dreaming, dreams are ment for living"

mmm these tutorials you speak of sound good. Thanx for all your help guys =D!

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.