Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Deep meanings [Tales of Symphonia] - Minitokyo

Deep meanings [Tales of Symphonia]

Tagged under Tales of Symphonia

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Tales Of Symphonia is for me one of the greatest adventures I ever played. But it's not a simple adventure, it also give us deep messages.
For exemple, the desians treating people who are not like them like animals,this refers to discrimination.
Or Colette (the french name, sorry ^_^') who almost sacrified herself to save the world, when no one has to do that to save anyone, they're always better ways...
What do you think about those meanings and other ones you may have found in this game, and do you think it's important for a game to be that way?

Oh, and by the way, if you're a real fan of Tales Of Symphonia, you can have a look to the Tales-of-Symphonia-Fans group, and sign up if you like. ^^

DarkShinobi223

DarkShinobi223

Samurai Princess

Yeah..........
If you think about it, there are some pretty strong feelings in TOS.............
Remember Mithos? He was pretty strong about the issue of half-elfs living in the world............Like that forest..........Ymir forest........
It only had real elves in there..........no half-elfs..........
That pretty much says that there's discrimination............
Racism.........(...) was definitely racism............
If you think I'm talking about african-americans, causasians, asians, etc.........
You're wrong.........
I'm talking about that Mithos represents himself and his allies more superior than humans.......
Oh yeah.........equality............
He also wanted everyone to be equal..............which isn't good if you think about it.
By making everyone like him (soulless, lives in a fake body), there wouldn't anything like discrimination or racism goin' around........
Yeah, the desians treating captured people like slaves or dogs shows that they'll do anything to accomplish their goals..........whatever their goals are.........
Isolation..............remember in the beginning when Lloyd and Genis fought Marble (monter form)? After the desians attacked the village and left..........the mayor was angry at Lloyd because the desians follwed the two there...........but he blamed all on him...........the Dwarf's son............
I got a question: Which side did Kratos play throughout the game?
At first, he played the good guy, then later he plays the bad guy..........
Somehow, he became the good guy when they invaded the ranch near Colette's and Genis' home village........WHICH IS IT 'cause I'm confused right now.........
You know, the parts when the desians controlled people in ranches.......
That kinda reminds me of a book I read.........
It was called Night by Elie Wiesel.......
In the book, it mentioned a lot on concentration camps and Jews and stuff.........
Mainly the camps popped up in my mind.........
In the camps, people work and try to live as long as they can until the war's over or it will be the death of them!

Signature Image
"I have perfected my Kung Fu..............I WILL BE ACCEPTED IN YOUR WORLD!" -Leifang

NinjaCloud

NinjaCloud

A Child of The Night

Don't mean to "rain on your parade", but I didn't like the game to much.Even so try looking up the names of some of the cities and characters.Just thought you might like what you find.

We've all become God's madmen...all of us.

yeah theres a lot of norse mytholigy influence's in that game. and most of the charecters have issues.
great fun to play but i found it a little boring. just me i guess

Anyone know the location of all the Recipes? I'm like missing three of them.

Quote by d479Anyone know the location of all the Recipes? I'm like missing three of them.

Have you checked Gamefaqs?

Signature Image

yea nothing at gamefaq about the Recipes location.

Are you sure you looked hard enough?

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/tales_of_symphonia_cooking.txt

Signature Image

I basically think the game teaches about discrimination. Everyone should be treated equally. Just don't follow Mithos's method of trying to enforce that. ;)

Signature Image

That game was MAD deep. There were so many deep meanings, it's really hard to pick just one. That was one of the best RPGs ever.

I think the main point was sometimes you gotta do something you don't want to do so everybody can be happy. Like, Lloyd had to try and kill Kratos to save the world. Also, in that place under the Tower of Salvation, everybody sacrifices themselves, because it's Lloyd who can save the world. Also, Yuan knows that it'll be bad for the world even if Mithos brings back Martel. Yuan and Martel were MARRIED. It must've been hard on him to make sure she didn't get revived.

Yeah... so... there.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.