Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Will the PS3 be backward compatible with PSX games? - Minitokyo

Will the PS3 be backward compatible with PSX games?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

JC206

JC206

The Chaos Mod

Ok this is weird because I went to gamespot, ign games and other website and checked the specs out for PS3 but it only said that it will be backward compatible with PS2 games.(And I heard that it was backward compatible with both).....is this true or is it backward compatible with both the PS2 and PSX games? Because once this comes out I'm planning on giving my PSX to a trading game retailer and purchase the PS3

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

It supposed to be backwards compatible with all the Playstation platforms. I gotta dig back into my cauldron to find out again...... :D

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

Quote by site
In a talk with Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun, Ken Kutaragi, head honcho at Sony Computer Entertainment, officially confirmed that the successor to the PlayStation 2 will in fact be backward compatible with not only PS2 games, but also PS one games.

here

Quote by The Big Kahuna
Mr. Ken Kutaragi, the boss of Sony Computer Entertainment division, has confirmed that the trend of backwards compatibility across next-gen consoles will continue. The Playstation 3 will support both Playstation 2 and PSOne titles when released sometime in 2005-2006.

here

Signature

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

that's very nice of them

Signature

spider-x

spider-x

legendary rave master

hmm ps1 ps2 ps3 hmm u can play 1 and 2 on 3 that's what every one i now are saying bot im gowing to say that u can only play ps2 games on ps3 becuz of the hardwear and the graphics are to invanst for the ps1 and what wood u wont more
graphics or old games that what u have to think about lol ...

Signature
im the one and only rave master

Official PS3 specs

That should answer all your questions.

IIRC, previously PS was not included inside those specs. Good to know Sony is going to deliver on one of its consoles' biggest selling point = backward compatibility.

Yep, its true. Word has it that the PS3 will infact be able to play PS2 and 1. Nowmy only worry is, will it be able to play absolutly all he games 1 and 2? I say this because if yo lok at PS2 there are like about 10 to 20 PSX games that can't be played on the PS2. I hope that issue has been looked into and fixed.

It is fully backwards compatible out of the box. It can also play the games at higher resolutions by scaling the polygons, but I don't think that affects texture quality. It will most likely anti-alias the games too.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.