Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What constitutes a "Good" wallpaper? - Minitokyo

What constitutes a "Good" wallpaper?

page 1 of 1 6 total items

shinotenshi

shinotenshi

Levi Ackerman

I want to know what makes a wallpaper "worthy" of not being deleted because I'm obviously doing something wrong. I like making minimalistic wallpapers without so many brushes and layers. Everyone else makes them like that I think it looks overdone and cheesy. :hmpf:

I prefer graphic design with a lot of negative space. And that's how I make things. So who decides what stays and what doesn't? Because someone has to tell BotChii to delete stuff. If it wasn't the minimalism of my paper, then what was it? Lack of colours?

This is something that is eating my brain because I see so many wallpapers made from lowquality images that stay around...

Signature
Look at all these big ass trees.

Asahi

Asahi

gone

mmh its nothing against to create simple walls.. but maybe you didnt (? dont know .. i searching for ideas) cut off the chara cleany.. or you looking around on tutorial sites or wallpaper sites (inspiration) for new techniques to creat a background scenery.. (?)

wish you many luck if you created your next wp and maybe someone elese have better ideas than i at the moment.

take care

shinotenshi

shinotenshi

Levi Ackerman

Thanks. ^^ I'm just a little frustrated it would seem that the definition of "good" depends on the person looking like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" type thing.

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

well, if you truly believe that your wallie was quarantined unjustly then i suggest you post in this thread (btw... are you talking about your bleach wallie?) i don't really remember if i viewed your wallpaper in full mode or not, (so i could have missed something) but from what i saw there didn't appear to be any reason to quarantine it...

Signature Image

elessar007

elessar007

Scan Collector Extradonaire

I'm not a moderator so what I say is only my opinion and may not truly reflect Minitokyo's policies. Effort seems to be one of the most important parts of making a wallpaper that doesn't get deleted. The problem with minimalist design is that by their very nature, they require less effort. I'm not saying that you didn't do your best. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you always give your best to make a wallpaper. I saw the wallpaper "Stab My Back" so I will use that as an example. If a wallpaper consists of an extracted scan, some text in the center, a few vertical lines, and then some random butterflies then there really isn't a whole lot of room for creative effort. Not including the time and effort spent on extraction, I can't imagine that it took much time or effort to finish that wallpaper. The problem is, it takes little or no skill to just extract a scan and then place it on a monotone background and say it's "minimalist" in an attempt to gain credits.

If minimalist design wallpapers are really what you are interested in making, then make sure there is design to the minimalism. What I mean is, make sure the components of the wallpaper show a cohesive design that indicates you actually put thought and effort into the making of the wallpaper. Make sure that whatever additional elements you add to the paper besides the scan somehow relate to the scan or to the anime/manga that the character came from.

I don't know if what I said is the same reason why your wallpaper was quarantined, its just my opinion. You could also post in the thread that fireflywishes pointed out. A moderator should be able to point out why it was deleted and maybe could give you tips on how to make a minimalist paper that won't be deleted.

shinotenshi

shinotenshi

Levi Ackerman

Well, believe it or not it took me a long time to make Stab my Back, there were a lot of choices I had to make and so on, it's not as easy as it looks. You have to decide what looks good, and I tried a lot of things before actually deciding on that finished work and I can understand that maybe it looked a little plain, but oh well.

I think I'll just do scans from now on, it's too hard to try an please everyone.

Signature

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.