Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 If you had to lose 1 of 5 senses - Minitokyo

If you had to lose 1 of 5 senses

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

If there was ever a choice where you are forced to lose one of your five senses (sight, hearing, taste, touch, smell) what would you choose and why. For me I would lose taste because everthing else is too important and I would be able to eat anything edible *nothing poisonous, duh* despite the horrible taste.

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true."
- Robert Wilensky

JamieMadrox

Forsaken

Hmmm for me i would have to go with Smell all the others are to importan like touch ;) but its a fight over taste and smell so i thought it over and i woudl lose smell. I woudl rather taste my food then smell it :P

Signature
"I love the kinda woman who can kick my ass"-Spike Spiegel
"Not goood!" Sousuke Sagara

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'm having a mid-death crisis.

Smell. Least important sense to me.

Signature

"I'm stuck on bandages because bandages are stuck on me."

http://forums.xgenstudios.com

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by JamieMadroxHmmm for me i would have to go with Smell all the others are to importan like touch ;) but its a fight over taste and smell so i thought it over and i woudl lose smell. I woudl rather taste my food then smell it :P

Nicely explained JamieMadrox, I guess taste is even more important to some.

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true."
- Robert Wilensky

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

saki would .. give up her ........ smell .. ^-^

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by Vagrant123Smell. Least important sense to me.

Quote by shyxsakurasaki would .. give up her ........ smell .. ^-^

Huh, that's sorta strange since in some cases smell could really save your life. For instance you might not see a wildfire but you know its there from smell and it could also warn you about gas leaks too (utter chaos if someone lights a match, no?)

- Robert Wilensky

carlw

Carl

Quote by enigma444444

Quote by Vagrant123Smell. Least important sense to
me.

Quote by shyxsakurasaki would .. give up her ........ smell
.. ^-^

Huh, that's sorta strange since in some cases smell could really save
your life. For instance you might not see a wildfire but you know its
there from smell and it could also warn you about gas leaks too (utter
chaos if someone lights a match, no?)

I was thinking smell but now that you said that, I'll sacrifice uh... Well.. touch, I like the idea of no pain : - D

Sigh*...Could you get any shorter!?
Signature

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

white freed by her savior~

for me, its also a fight between taste and smell... taste is good because if i didn't have it, i'd miss the taste of candy and sweet stuff way too much.... but then if i didn't have smell, i'd miss the scent of flowers during springtime.... :\

f a l l i n g . i n t o . s w e e t . c e l e s t i a l . d r e a m
l i g h t . i n . s h e e r . a n d . s i m p l e . s l e e p

Signature Image

Smell then I could live in my toilet

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

white freed by her savior~

Quote by carlw

Quote by enigma444444

me.

.. ^-^

I was thinking smell but now that you said that, I'll sacrifice uh... Well.. touch, I like the idea of no pain : - D

but wouldn't it hurt even more (emotionally) if you couldn't feel the warmth of when someone was trying to give u a comforting hug or even a kiss?

Quote by SilvanisSmell then I could live in my toilet

um..... who'd want to live in their toilet?

f a l l i n g . i n t o . s w e e t . c e l e s t i a l . d r e a m
l i g h t . i n . s h e e r . a n d . s i m p l e . s l e e p

Signature Image

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

Quote by enigma444444

me.

.. ^-^

You would hear burning. Not to mention, forest fires typically have masses of smoke coming out, so you can look in the air and see it. Gas leaks would be a problem, but it's would be just like carbon monoxide, you can tell. However, turning on the lights would do the trick. Boom. XD

Quote: I was thinking smell but now that you said that, I'll sacrifice uh... Well.. touch, I like the idea of no pain : - D

You don't realize it, but pain is an evolutionary trait, with good reason. Imagine you couldn't feel your finger singing. Well, eventually, your fingers would burn or the blood in your finger would start to boil. Very unhealthy. No to mention you wouldn't be able to tell if someone stabbed you, or hugged you.

Signature

Lord_Tensai_III

A Gentleman and a Scholar

I would have to be rid of taste. Getting rid of smell to keep taste is pratically useless since you get a lot of your taste from the smell of your food (that's why if your smelling fresh baked cookies or something it's like you can "almost taste them"). Taste isn't really a needed skill. Just an added perk.

ludoman

ludoman

Hentai Seeker

I guess I would lose the sight! Cause it isn't that important as the others!
Of course all senses are indispendables but sight Is the one I would better live without cause although I couldn't see the sun and the beaty out there, I could feel it and touch, stuff like that!!
Each person prefers one or other but once you loose one maybe you couldn't live like that!!
I think I would probably go crazy if I were to lose any of them!

free yourself from hate
and don't die all alone
else one day you'll break
and you won't stop till the last bone!

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

Sight? Bah, that's actually one of the most useful senses. Without it, you can't drive cars, and you can't go to unknown places without an assistant. You would also never be able to see the one you love.

Signature

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

As far as I see I think there isn't isn't really any senses that are completely useless and now that I thought about it you gotta admire Helen Keller surviving through life without both sight and sound and everyone else who lacks one of theses senses out there.....

- Robert Wilensky

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

This is really a question to see what people consider the least important sense. A lot of people don't realize what they'd miss, including myself. To be honest, taste is probably one of the least important, but it useful in testing for hidden dangers in food.

Signature

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by Vagrant123This is really a question to see what people consider the least important sense. A lot of people don't realize what they'd miss, including myself. To be honest, taste is probably one of the least important, but it useful in testing for hidden dangers in food.

Hmmmm good point I guess sacrificing a sense might be a bit too extreme and taste is also a major factor in health. Some foods you just can't tell if they've gone rancid by sight alone so taste is kinda like a second safety measure...

- Robert Wilensky

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

All senses are evolutionary traits, and thus there are reasons for them. Like smell. A cow's fart can literally kill you.

Signature

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

I would´nt give away anything...I like my senses...but to chose one...to be able to talk then...even if I love singing and lanugages..

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

the thing i would lose is touch, because if u wont be able to feel touch, u can like not feel pain, since ur numb, thats why i would want to lose touch

misl3d

.:: 4ever a Dre@mer.. ::..

Maybe the hearing....'cos i would like to see more of the world (IMPORTANT:how could i read, and see anime, and...?? XD ), to taste (candies, french fries, chocolates,.... how could i live without this?!? XD ), touch (the person's face, my Suicida - dog, to drawing and writing is very useful,....), and i can't taste without the smell sense and the opposite (at least, when i'm sick, this happens...)....love to hear music also but there's too much stuff i hate hearing like discussions, bad words,.........

Ok, this is a sense? the speech.......

Signature
	Image http://ang3ll.deviantart.com

........................... I will get my revenge. Sooner or later...And i can wait for years...................

AceGunman

AceGunman

*hums*

Well smell isn't really that important, well not to me anyways >_<

a more interesting question for me would be which one of the five senses you would like to keep while giving away the other 4 8P

Vagrant123

Vagrant123

I'd keep sight. Definitely my personal, most vital sense. I could still do many of the things I do today, just a little less graceful. Without touch, I'd have no clue if I pulled off a movement right, so I'd be pretty clumsy. You can still do a lot with sight, and since you're not mute, all you need for others to communicate with you is for them to write down what they want to say.

Signature

Angelcat

Angelcat

Be yourself and not your image

I don't realy know, then i would have to choose between taste and smell!! i think that if i had to loose one, i would to the sniffing!! because if you smell nice food and you want to eat it and yo ucan't even taste it, that would be soooo horrible !!! :)

Signature

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.