Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 SCIII Zasalamel clock grunge - Minitokyo

SCIII Zasalamel clock grunge

page 1 of 1 14 total items

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

w00t long title
really half the bg is some awesome textures i found... but only half ^_^' i added plenty of my own grunge, and lots of other effects. I vectored one of the clocks also, in the upper right. i did a lot of work on the scan to make it blend, and i think it worked well. the plan is to add more black in the upper right on top of which will go the clock and text, but im kinda stuck... suggestions would be appreciated.
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/9572/clockscopy3ed.th.jpg

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

I think it looks really good so far. But I'm not sure if more black would be helpful here, your wallpaper is already quite dark ...

Moar Plz Project @ The Planning Board ~ You know you want to.

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

thanks, but i mean, the black is supposed to just be behind the text/clock. hmmm. maybe blue? or green?

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

Kira-sama

Kira-sama

Im called a cow

how bout putting somthing other than clocks? maby like abyss or somthin, but not like just there, more like a fading pic.

Signature
"you are the lowest form of life, you are not any human fucking being, you're nothing but unorganized grab-astic pieces of amphibian SHIT!"-Full Metal Jacket

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

first of all i have no pictures of abyss. i was about to say thats a amateur waller sorta idea, but i just thought of a way it could work. but i still got no pictures.

merged: 01-29-2006 ~ 06:56am
mostly im working on my death note wall, but i added this effect. good ar bad?
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/871/clockscopy0qu.th.jpg

Signature

looks good.i don't think t should be darker..

ParralaX

ParralaX

WavE

Very dark and moody, just like Zasalamel. I think you have the right feel to this. I set it on my desktop and it looks fine. The bottom right corner COULD be filled but even that would be unnecessary.
Much respect.

LP, LP, ->, LK, HP

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

version 3. only minor stuff left to do, but opinions are still helpful to get everything into place.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9356/clockscopy7mu.th.jpg

Signature

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Hm...the textures are pretty nice, but there are a few things that need work.

* It looks like a chunk of the chara's leg is missing, specifically the left thigh. There are 2 indents that you may want to fix.

* The clock in the upper right corner stands out a bit too much. You should put it on low opacity so it blends better with your bg and the other clocks.

* The light effect is interesting...but somehow I feel that everything's getting to be too much. The light and the right-hand clock sort of clash. & I'm not sure what it'll look like when you add text.

* That gets us to the text. I think putting the text in the empty lower right would be a good idea. I'm sure you can find a lot of cool fonts that'll fit the bg. When you do the text, think about how the light is going to look with it.

Hope this helps. :)

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

I don't normally like grunge style on a wallpaper (especially not with Zasalamel, I don't think it suits the character's profile and history, just my opinion), but I like your design here because of the clocks you've added, and particularly the 3rd one. Keep up the good work!

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

newer version, just a little tweaking done from the third.

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/8851/clockscopy3mz.th.jpg

merged: 02-19-2006 ~ 10:33am
submitted to gallery, comments there please :)
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/218409/

Signature

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

^_^' I see I posted at an inopportune time last time. Let's try this again. Hm...it looks pretty good, but I'd suggest a couple of touch-ups.

* The grey title text looks a bit plain and lost next to the chara. Perhaps you could try setting its blend mode on overlay or something to inject a little color. Well...actually the results differ with the situation, so just experiment with that.

* The rounded text inside the clock, while interesting, should be cut out. Unless you're doing a Cowboy Bebop style text fest, you should always concentrate your text in place. Otherwise, it breaks up attention. I realize you need something to fill in that space. Can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. :)

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Good improvements.

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

please post coments in gallery as stated above
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/218409/

Signature

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.