Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Has anyone else seen Underworld Evolution yet? - Minitokyo

Has anyone else seen Underworld Evolution yet?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

BerzerkerOr

BerzerkerOr

I was the jesus brick

I just saw it tonight and I think it was pretty darn good :D It had some pretty cool violent fight scenes and just the right amount of sex. All in all I thought it was nicely balanced and not too cheesy in any of the creature effects. I would definitely consider owning this film when it comes out. Does anyone else have an opinion about the film they would like to share? :nerd:

Signature

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

wow, that movie is actually out!?!?!?
i haven't been able to keep track of latest movies, even music :(, i'm really busy with my studies & work!

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

Um...not yet...
my friend went tonight, for one's birthday, but my mum said it was too late, so I had to go home before...so I missed out... :(
Oh well, no use in being down about it...I'll see it one day...though I wish I went with them...

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

Hmmm...saw it yesterday and although it was definitely entertaining...I'm not sure I would call it good :D
The stunts and fights were pretty good but there was so much of it that the thrill kinda went away after a while...and some of the gore was a little unnecessary
I felt like there were a lot of Matrix copies too, but then again every action movie is doing that now

Overall I don't regret going to see it ...but only cause I went in with no expectation s :)

P.S. on a side note I saw parts of a making of special on tv and they had a guy in a creature suit talking to people...it was rather funny to see a really scary monster chatting and shrugging in bright sunlight :D

dude! that movie was freakin' awesome! even better than the first, i think. yeeeeah, it does have an 'R' rating tho, and for good reason. heh, it was probably the goriest movie i'll see all year, and it doesn't faze me a bit. i like how the ending is left open for a third movie. a good ending is really important to me. i don't like a total cliff-hanger, but this one was just right. it would be great if this becomes one of those rare series that is long, but good, like LOTR

spoiler bits:

-yes, selene and michael finally "get together". they pick the kinkiest spots tho o_0
-yes, the s.o.b. kraven gets killed (didja know his name is a word in english that means " coward"?)
-werewolves were so much effing cooler in the beginning ('cept they couldn't change back at all)
-selene becomes something new that can withstand daylight by taking blood from the original immortal, alexander corvinus, father of marcus and william corvinus (and ultimately michael's grandfather)

BiNumber3

BiNumber3

The 3rd one, tween the 2nd n 4th

I was kinda hoping she'd get different abilities in the end, like turning into a succubus:D
But all in all it was pretty good, micheal's a little over powered imo
And selena wears a shiny latex suit despite the fact that they wanna be unseen:P

Kids these days... taking love too seriously, shouldn't be worryin about love til they're at LEAST 11 years old

Yes! And it was awesome! I am not sure if it was as good as the first but it was almost! The effects were great and there was a lot more gore. You got to find out a lot about the pasts of the vampires and Lycans as well as Selene. I would definitley recommend going to go see it! If you liked the first one you won't be disappointed! :D

Didnt really like the first one but this was better, it was pretty entertaining but not the best movie i've seen.

meh didn't like either of em good thing i didn't pay to see em

I think I liked the 2nd one better, however I couldn't help but notice that in the first movie final fight scene was in a underground area, and for the 2nd movie the final fight scene wasn't in an underground area (technically) but it still had the same feel as the first one.

Signature

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

I was wrangled into watching the first Underworld the night before seeing its sequel. I can say on the whole both movies sucked. The action was decent and CG was sometimes impressive, but the script was just plain bad. Maybe that and I tend to prefer the thoughts of old school vampires and werewolves, not gun toting ones.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

I haven't seen it yet. The first movie was watchable but not that good in my opinion. I will see the 2nd one, but only for the fanservice. Lets face it - if Kate Beckinsale in leather wasn't in the movie, it would be a lot less popular. Plus, its a sequal; there's not many sequals that are as good as the 1st film.

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Quote by chore-boymeh didn't like either of em good thing i didn't pay to see em

Amen to that! Yeah I think the 2nd one was alright. But it's not a film I'd buy the dvd of or even pay to see in the cinema :P It relies too much on CG fight scenes and Kate Beckinsale's amazing body in tight tight leather (not that I'm complaining too much about the latter). The storyline isn't very original and in terms of modern tech-vamp films, the Blade trilogy was way better.

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

I really enjoyed the first one and am hoping to see this one as soon as I can find some time. I reckon Kate Beckinsale is one of the most versatile actresses going aound.

The first movie really got me into Underworld. But i actually did expect more from this movie. I mean it was entertaining and all, but i just felt like it could have been much better.

soweird

soweird

Adrenaline Rush From Insanity

for me. the 1st was ok. de 2nd really sucked.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I really liked the first movie and the second explained it pretty well. i really enjoyed the action scenes but the story on the two brothers was not up to snuff in my opinion.

I really enjoyed this one and you can't go wrong with Beckinsale in skin-tight leather.

In all seriousness though, I liked the story (cool that it takes place so soon after the original...a matter of hours if memory serves) and you usually can't go wrong with a well done Vampire story...

...Hellsing, Blade, Interview With The Vampire, Underworld....all shows I would enjoy while drinking a tall glass of the red stuff ;)
Maybe it's juice, maybe it's blood? who can really tell? lol

Bottomn line, I liked the movie and can't wait to get it myself

NeoStryder

NeoStryder

Neo Stryder

I saw it... it was not interesting.

Nobody in this world in invincible, unless God's hand be with he/she

Saw it and I don't really know what to think. I'm kinda content since basically I got what I expected, but then again I'm a bit disappointed too. Main thing is, that (may contain spoilers). Marcus just wakes up, and starts to kick the other vampires arses. Dunno why... guess he's probably enraged by the betrayal of Kraven or dunno. Michael becomes helluva overpowered... I mean he doesn't even drink that much blood, and he's capable of stopping trucks, and engaging in close combat with Marcus without getting killed.
Alexander or whatever his name was (daddy of Marcus and William) is alive and well - figures I guess. But despite what one would expect, he's basically a stupid jerk.
And how come that William, the first of the lycans (and therefore the strongest) is such a sucker? I mean seriously? Aside from growling, and being shot at, what does he do? Nothing. Hell, Lucian was far better.
Of course Selene and Michael win (one of the crappiest bossfights imho), and there's a really cheesy ending that kinda sucks altogether imho. And her yappin 'bout looking towards the future with hope or what, is such a Legacy of Kain rip off, that it almost hurts.
And the people in the film speaking hungarian... with an accent like this... I couldn't stand laughing... especially that chick in the news... it simply doesn't sound like this ( I should know, I live here =D )

This movice is ace >.< i soooo enjoyed it. and the part with selene and michael just adds that final touch. i would have thought that selene would have had more of a physical change when she drunk the blood from alexander, father of both vampire and werewolf.

i agree with above: one would have thought that william would be a bit more impressive and more cunning as to know not to stand still when being shot at. then again, he was locked up for 600 years ~_~

millyfinalfantasy2

millyfinalfantasy2

the bringer of despair returns

yeah, I've got it on dvd, and it is a wicked film, you've definately gotta see the first film though to follow it properley

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Shadowdawn

Shadowdawn

The Iron Clad Goddess

Seen it, loved it, going to buy it as soon as it comes out. (Loved the first one too)

"Little drops of water, Little grains of sand, Make the mighty ocean, And the pleasant land. So the little minutes, Humble though they be, Make the mighty ages, Of eternity." -Julia Fletcher Carney
"To her, words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion which could be combined with other words to create powerful spells" - Dean Koontz

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

i personally think it wasn't as good as the first one. i guess after the first moive was so good i expected too much out of the second one. i just thought it had more drama and wasn't as intense and 'new' as the first one.

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.