Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Watched anime - after that read the manga? - Minitokyo

Watched anime - after that read the manga?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Hi,

Know that the title of this topic is not very good but wel, I hope you understand. ( My english is not very well:( )

I had a question, if you have seen an anime serie, would you read the manga after that?

And if you read a manga, would you watch the anime after that?

cocojam

palaman sa tinapay..

uhmm... yes... like after seeing the anime of fruits basket i've searched the net just to find the manga of fruits basket.. while after seeing some part of the manga of parakiss i'm now hunting it's anime.. hehe ^_^

usualy i read the manga first that the anime
that why sometimes i kinna dispointed after see the anime story that's not as good as manga
or an anime that's been force to end because the manga hasn't finish yet like fruit basket, paradise kiss and honey and clover

sharingandevil

sharingandevil

the whitecrowe

school rumble- buy the manga after the 1st episode

fma- reread the manga after watching the 1st episode

bleach- anime 1st, then manga

angel heart- not sure.. perhaps manga 1st then anime

love hina- manga 1st then anime

lupin the 3rd- anime > manga... etc

I haven't been able to read any manga of any series, it just seems like a downgrade to me, and I can't enjoy it the same way I would enjoy the animated version. Guess that's just me though since everyone here seems to not have the problem ^_^

I don't have the motivation to read the manga after I watch a series. Since a lot of the events overlap, I tend to get bored.

Signature Image

I've gone both ways. I saw Gravitation and that made me want to go and read the manga I read most of Fullmetal Panic before seeing the anime. Sometimes I think its better to see an anime first because the manga usually tends to be better and leaves me disappointed when I see the anime.

Quote by someweirdguyI don't have the motivation to read the manga after I watch a series. Since a lot of the events overlap, I tend to get bored.

Yeah that's another reason I don't like to read the manga of an anime series, seeing a repeat of the same events would be boring for me and I wouldn't really enjoy it. I can understand why some people would though, and would want to see how/if there is any difference between the manga and the anime.

Losuni

Losuni

Losuni

yUP when I read bleach i soo happy whhen become anime XD

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

yes because i would like to compare the two

merged: 02-19-2006 ~ 03:11am
yes because i would like to compare the two

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

usually, I would read the manga first because in my opinion, most of the manga is better than the anime but sometimes I would watch the anime after the manga because I want to compare the two.

Well, I read Ranma manga first and then watched the anime...and umm, I watched Inuyasha anime first and then read the manga. also Trigun anime first then manga. I also, like most of people, think that manga version is better than anime version of the same series.

I don't read manga at all - I just like the TV series better. Sometimes a manga will interest me and I'll flick through it, but mainly I just stick to watching anime. I've never actually read a manga properly before.

ceriseangel2

ceriseangel2

Intjkitty

that only happened for fruits basket. That's the only one and it's the SAME for the first few volumes.

Saw Elfen Lied - > Started to read manga, didn't finish... don't even know where I've stashed it.
Naruto -> Naruto manga. Basically the two are the same, so I'm wastin' my time with both. Haven't caught up to the series with the manga yet though... don't have much freetime sadly:S
Erementar Gerad -> manga version. Read vol1, but that's it I guess. Didn't really have the urge to continue, or to acquire further volumes.

HB13

HB13

Kaiten Kensai

In general I find the manga versions to be more "complete" than the anime series since explanations can be more detailed, don't have to worry about bad voice actors/music/graphics/reruns/etc (one could say that most manga is "better" at presenting the "anime" then the tv series).

However there is one exception to this rule that I've found so far:
Yakitate! Japan. The expressions & corny gags just can't be fully expressed in the manga as well as the animted series.

"The Way of the Warrior is death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between live and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved."
-Yamamoto Tsunenori, Ha Gakure (Hidden Leaves)

There are some series it's just not worth it to read the manga plus watch the anime, they're just too similar to each other.

If I really like a manga I'll watch some of the anime to decide if I want to watch it in addition to reading the manga. And if I really like an anime I'll try the manga, especially if I know the manga continues on past the anime or is recommended as being better then the anime.

But usually I'll stick to either watching or reading a series, not do both. Some exceptions are Fruits Basket, Pretear, Fushigi Yuugi and Card Captor Sakura.

Pretear and CCS because the manga + anime are different enough to keep things interesting, Fruits Basket because I just really love that series, and FY because I know the manga keeps going after the tv series ends and I like FY enough that I don't want to miss that part. (as far as I've read the manga follows the anime pretty closely, oh well)

Prince of Tennis I started with the manga and then switched to the anime - I like how the anime spends more time with the other Seigaku players besides Ryoma.

KingTobo

Scribbleh

I've watched through a few anime series, but never read a single manga in my life. I think I'll probably ending up reading the manga for all the ones I like, because I hear they have a lot more detail to them.

Shadu

Shadu

Lost Myself

Most definitely!. . . Well. . for some at least. :)

Usually if you read the manga AFTER the anime, you usually find that you like the manga better because it's a different or better story (well, at least for me. ^_^). Some it's vice versa, or some none at all.

As for some of the animes that I've seen and then read the manga:
-Sailor Moon: Much, MUCH better manga. Plus the artwork was gorgeous.
-Dragon Ball Z: Egh. . . okay. . .about the same actually.
-Ghost in the Shell: Artwork was a little less clean cut than the anime. I definitely like the anime better.
-FLCL: Okay. I like the show better.

And some that I've read the manga and then seen the anime:
-Ranma 1/2: MUCH prefer the manga! :D No annoying dubbing.
-Naussica of the Valley Wind: Hmm. . I think I liked the anime better.

In general though, I like the manga better. The art is usually better (at least for older anime) and the stories are a little bit more complex. . . plus. . . no commercials. ^_~

You need only believe. . .

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

I usually watch the anime first, then if the manga is finished and available and if I have the time and mood - I read it. Reading manga is fine but it's just not the same pleasure like watching anime. Since it is animated everything seems more real and alive and you can get into the show's mood easily. It definitely won't get boring like manga can sometimes ;P

up up and away

Practically all my manga collection was introduced to me in anime form first: Love Hina, Chrno Crusade, Genshiken, Gunslinger Girl, Saikano, Full Metal Panic, Negima, DN Angel, Loki and much more.

If the anime was adapted from a manga then i am 100% sure that i will go look for the manga. Anime always edit out some original content for whatever purpose, and sometimes the art will be different, although i don't mind too much, unless it turns out to be something like negima then theres a problem. Vice Versa for manga, if i can get my hands on the subs.

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

well hell yeah i read maison ikkou and i fell deeply in love with that and most poeple woul dhave read the bleach manga beofr ehte actual anime came out so yeah....
well i will definately watch "priest" if it comes out because its a good manga but could be destructive to faith

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

I have a question... I have seen the anime Full Moon Wo Sagashite... should I read the manga too? Or do they resemble each other too much?

yao

I love both anime and manga...
If I prefer some series
I'll watch anime and read manga *If it has*

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 39 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.