Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Problem with ZIP Files... - Minitokyo

Problem with ZIP Files...

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

Basically its like these some CG sets i downloaded keep appearing as "No ZIP file,bad ZIP file or part of split Zip file" When i opened the ZIP there were no files inside. But when i delete them n they r in the Recycle Bin i can see the files inside them.

Anyone noe how 2 solve this problem?

Thanks 4 Reading this post :D

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Whenever WinZip doesn't handle an archive properly, you should always give WinRAR a spin.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

No gd, they said it was in unknown format or damaged, could it be tat it is just corrupted or something?

Here's the problem
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6569/problem0co.jpg

When i try WinRAR

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8200/error8eu.jpg

Then when its in the bin
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/505/bin1li.jpg

Thanks n help me figure it out pls :D

Try renaming the zip and see what happens.

Signature Image

Lunstar

Lunstar

Formatted...and learning

Wow! For some weird reason it works! XD But can i noe why u can't the file be in its full name with the Japanese characters? And how did u noe it would work? ^_^'

Thanks alot someweirdguy and all posters of this thread! :D

Well actually shinsemgumi scared me when i saw his post cos i thought i violated a rule or something by posting this ^_^'

I don't think English Windows likes anything but English. I had some mp3s that had Japanese characters, and had to rename them in order to CRC check and stuff. I figured this could be related to your problem.

Signature Image

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

I think that some programs do not handle unicode/UTF7 filenames properly. Some characters may appear to be illegal characters for file names.

Signature Image

onyhow

Survivor...

Many programs don't read characters other than English. I got this problems with StyleXP before.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

If you want your (English) installation of Windows to be able to read, parse, and otherwise deal with Japanese filenames, change your regional settings. Go to control panel, Regional and Language Options, and click on the advanced tab. In the box that asks what language to use for non-unicode support, choose Japanese.
First, however, make sure you have Japanese support installed by checking the languages tab and making sure "Install East Asian languages" is marked. This should install the necessary unicode fonts to support Asian text, including Japanese, Chinese/Traditional/Simplified and Korean.

Use MS Applocale to run your winzip program and you'll be able to unzip those files with Japanese. This is the simplest method.

tanteikun

tanteikun

Kawaikunai!

It just like how you cant burn DVD files with foreign characters, at least on my machine. I am too lazy to search for the solution, however.

Signature
Shinjutsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.