Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo: Are you Happy? - Minitokyo

Minitokyo: Are you Happy?

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 107 total items

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

One of the most important responsibilities of a moderator is to try to maintain a community that is enjoyable to all of its members, and doing so really requires input and feedback from members. While parts of the forum exist to allow members to chat about the community and to note technical problems with the community, we would like to hear any suggestions you may have regarding non-technical aspects of the site and the community. What works, what could be changed, what can moderators and elite members do to be of better service to you, et cetera?

Also, do you enjoy Minitokyo, and why? Is there any particular apsect of the community that makes you feel the way you do about it?

Please feel free to post your responses to both questions here on this thread, or if you would rather keep your comments private, please do not hesitate to send me a PM or to send us an e-mail.

We look forward to hearing from you!

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

yes! i am perfectly happy with the way minitokyo works!

rin

I'm happy with the way minitokyo works but I think it needs a new layout

crusher500

love anime

yes i am happy with it

DarkShinobi223

DarkShinobi223

Samurai Princess

Yeah, I like MT as it is!
There isn't much to say that I would like change in here....
Ummmm....that's all!

Signature Image
"I have perfected my Kung Fu..............I WILL BE ACCEPTED IN YOUR WORLD!" -Leifang

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Minitokyo thus far has been a godsend for me. Blogging with reviews and stuff got like no readership, but since there are plenty of people on here daily, I get a lot more traffic. Not only that but I have to say this is a very eclectic group which keeps things interesting. No complaints yet but I'll let ya know as I delve deeper into this world.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

I really love MT because users can come together to share and discuss about anime and manga. Also, there is alot of effort put in by the moderators to ensure that the interface is user friendly and that the qualtity of posts are maintained.

I seldom have time to surf online and when I do so, I will download lots of pictures at one go. So one suggestion I would like to make is that the number of free downloads is not limited by a short time span. Maybe it is possible to increase the free downloads quota for a longer time period (eg. monthly) so that users can download in one sitting.

I'm not sure if this will cause problems with the bandwidth though.

I have a problem... I can't help going to MT forum even if I know I should do something else. ^_^

Well overall I think it's quite fine... even if the Entrance Lounge seems a little... I don't know... it's a special Lounge, so... I feel it's quite unsatisfying in a way.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Quite satisfied. I like they way the site layout and the forum layout is outstanding as well

"Where's there is light, there's a shadow" (Hattori Hanzo from Samurai Warriors)

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

I've become tired of this site over the past few months. I find fewer and fewer interesting threads these days. People refuse to do searches or something because I see topics repeated over and over again. Also people have begun requesting illegal downloads in recent times. This only proves that either they never read the policy or they forgot all of it. The gallery is now an ecchi paradise I've seen a growing number of ecchi scans. Walls they just aren't the same quality as before. I am well aware of the fact that many people are still new and learning but that is what the sandbox is for. They have their work deleted and then they complain. It never fails. This ofcourse isn't for everyone. Also this whole free download quota is absurd in my opinion. For one thing it is way too high. We had problems with leecher before and this helps in no way all they have to do is sit and wait for the quota to replenish itself.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

you should make those sections that dont appear on the recent forum threads, like mt2, cause all i see is [GAME] {GAME} GAME (GAME) -GAME-
and like above, there are barely any interesting forum threads now, aswell as repeats...and the ocassional "vs" thread...ugh

aiya.

MPhnx

MPhnx

"Wynnter"

Hi, currently not so happy. I feel that I've been ignored all this time. I know that it's holiday season, and maybe most moderators away on holiday as well, but I've check the thread back every now and then, and find that everyone else question has been answered except mine. If one can not answer a member question, and perhaps awaiting other mod to answer it, why can't that mod say something, ie. "hi, I've read your question/complain/suggestion etc, but I have to discuss/ask other mod or still working on the solution. We'll try to get to you asap", so that particular member feels acknowledge. Just like it retail/food industry, where the shop assistance says "I'll be right with you".

Now.. hope this one is not being ignored again. :/

tsubasawingjing

tsubasawingjing

bird without wings...

i think in the Minitokyo so long aready i'm quite happy :)
everything is ok,hope MInitokyo will be improve more.
the first one is manga&anime gallery,i think is too few^^;
some of the manga i want to find but didn't have....
but i like those high quality wallpapers in MT,so happy can found so many
beautiful wallie,scan also very nice.
coz i've been looking for long time aready for the wallpapersXD
anyway,thanks Minitokyo! :D

~minna-san if got time can come and visit my gallery...~ ^_^ thanks u very much
my gallery
Signature Image

MPhnx

MPhnx

"Wynnter"

Quote by shinsengumi...and agree that you have as much a right as anyone else to a response...
I hope that sounds reasonable. Please accept my apologies for the delay.

Thank you. for the response, as well as your understanding.
It is much appreciated.

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

i love MT...

onli 1 thing.. not sure if i shld address it here or elsewhere.. is tat last time MT use 2 allow u 2 browse the wallpapers by anime.. now, if i browse by anime, it'll be the gallery, which includes all the scans & wallpaper.

so it's either i browse thru all the scans & wallpaper when i search by anime.. or i jus look thru all the wallpapers without classification of anime..

or did i miss a pt somewhere? hmm!

anyway! stil love MT.. it's a nice little community!

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

yup im fine with the way it is....rock on.... :)

Signature Image

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

My love for MT had long gone. Ever since that quota download limit fracas. Now I'm here just for the sake of looking up some of my friends' stuff.

I doubt anyone would wanna hear my proposal on taking over...I mean, improving MT. Cause it won't appeal to the leechers/rippers here.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

In my opinion, MT is absolutely not up to par. I have seen much better progress in MT v2 than I do with MT v3. Even though the highlighted submissions was established about 20 weeks ago, the selections are now cliche and it's time for a change. This may come out of the biased behavior of the moderators because I constantly see the same art there by the same people while others are becoming less and less noticed. The top favorites is already consumed by the same artists over and over again, so make no mistake about that. I thought the highlighted submissions would be something better in which the members could learn how different art is made, but with the same selections, they will eventually complain and avoid the work. This is originally supposed to be an anime community; why do we see penguins and RPG-Maker-like characters in the highlighted submissions? Though I haven't submitted anything in a while, and I doubt I will do so, I feel that the same artists will keep getting noticed while other artists would become less inspired by the cliche work.

Secondly is the forum. The topics are becoming much more cliche in addition to the repetitive duplications and illegal transactions that include direct downloading and linking to torrent sites. The discussions even for those in the city hall forum have not been the best at all, and I am known for writing up paragraphs and presenting them. Lastly for this category, the lack of news articles on the front page is putting MT at risk for further destabilization and possibly corruption for we know that people do not have the same mentality.

Thirdly, some of our most gifted members should be given a chance to prove themselves on Minitokyo, but when that time comes, they are either shot down or flamed at. I know that respect is one thing that everyone needs, but in certain cases, it takes much more than respect to get things done. It takes the knowledge and wisdom to execute the ideas in mind so that everyone could have an enjoyable experience. With little plotting time and so much room for error, those members who know the most should be given more of a benefit to show the other members leadership and perhaps even moderation. Remember, not everyone has the same thought patterns.

Fourthly, due to the constant cycle of submitting to get favorites, spending to download scans, and perhaps even make wallpapers or vector art out of those scans, it's no wonder why we oftentimes see a decline in the work of the members. The gallery isn't as flexible as it used to be when members were free to download wallpapers or scans after a certain level. Instead of using credits to download wallpapers and scans, an upload restriction should be given because I find that the uploading is worse than the downloading. This will give members and moderators more time to go through the gallery to find submissions that do not belong and report them. The more uploads that are being made, the more downloads that are being made which will in due time consume even more bandwidth.

This is all I have for now, but I will get back to you all when I have more to speak of.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Quote by pegasus21I really love MT because users can come together to share and discuss about anime and manga. Also, there is alot of effort put in by the moderators to ensure that the interface is user friendly and that the qualtity of posts are maintained.

I seldom have time to surf online and when I do so, I will download lots of pictures at one go. So one suggestion I would like to make is that the number of free downloads is not limited by a short time span. Maybe it is possible to increase the free downloads quota for a longer time period (eg. monthly) so that users can download in one sitting.

I'm not sure if this will cause problems with the bandwidth though.

First, already at its current state, I have my opinions that the free download quota is already a boon for the leechers here, I am unfortunately to say so, because of this, those who participate and those who don't and simply wait for the FDQ to replace themselves are at an equal standing. Although in the old thread for the FDQ by You-Horishino, there has been many debates on whether this number is too high and whether it should be reduced, I must address here and again, it is too high. I believe in every reason, that it is not helping the community at a large level, as most people will eventually find out that it auto replenishes, knowing that, they will sit back, relax and enjoy the leech.

I am not saying to the person I quoted but the post has largely some distinguised factors of a leecher, come in, download, go. It is not really helping the community to foster I believe.

Also, in the other thread, there has been questions and debates to how this idea came along, and there were no serious official reasons for it as Sheqel did not answer them seriously as well except with quotes and one liners. (sorry)

Quote by SpystreakI've become tired of this site over the past few months. I find fewer and fewer interesting threads these days. People refuse to do searches or something because I see topics repeated over and over again. Also people have begun requesting illegal downloads in recent times. This only proves that either they never read the policy or they forgot all of it.

This I must agree, I suggest learning from Animepaper.net for this one, place a large piece of banner or whatever on the top of the page, and somehow, one way or another, it should encourage the use of the guide and support section.

Also, I believe since for example, my club the S2O signature studio has been able to exploit the loopholes of the policy before for a certain period of time, I have my questions regarding the policy, I believe it needs further revision as some of the sections like the scans, the submission quality and so on, may still have some problems in my opinion. I feel that it is still not complete and the details are still rather vague. In my other post in the complains thread for bans and deletions, I have also placed a question to the scans policy, I do not know if it is of any relevance, I am simply stating some holes in the policy that may be there.

Quote by Spystreak The gallery is now an ecchi paradise I've seen a growing number of ecchi scans.

Well, for this one, I do not agree, there is still a large number of decent scans, and if one does not enjoy ecchi, one can simply refrain from viewing them, I think it is good to be open to all sort of tastes since Minitokyo is an international anime community, it should be based on one individual's likings and dislikes to be its basis of operations, inclusive of its galleries or forums.

Quote by SpystreakWalls they just aren't the same quality as before. I am well aware of the fact that many people are still new and learning but that is what the sandbox is for. They have their work deleted and then they complain. It never fails. This ofcourse isn't for everyone. Also this whole free download quota is absurd in my opinion. For one thing it is way too high. We had problems with leecher before and this helps in no way all they have to do is sit and wait for the quota to replenish itself.

Ah yes, the same reason as I have stated above, I think it is about time that Minitokyo decides to put huge banners or icons on the top of the page for easier access and large letters to remind them of the policy, the sandbox and so on.
I personally do not find my wallpapers in need of much suggestions from other wallers as I myself likes to keep it to my own style and the effort I invested in them are to a certain and normally acceptable degree. So, pardon me from using the sandbox as I often more than one event, find useless comments like "i like your wallz" and so on.

The free download quota reason is just as the above, it is one of the things I believe that will lead to the damnation of minitokyo. I hate to see a good site go down. We should be encouraging contribution, if so, I suggest that this overdone privilege be taken away, even if the new members should complain, it must be taken as a step to prevent Minitokyo from suffering in the long run.

I believe minitokyo can learn a lot from the strict undertakings of Animepaper. Perhaps not entirely as I often find them too strict, but certain basic foundations like these should be emulated.

As for forum threads, I think that games are good actually, I believe in my opinion that it should be be gathered to the game thread section, perhaps a new one if you will so do the extra work of creating a new section. I am not saying that the current chat lounge is not good enough, I just feel that there should be a subforum, perhaps one that is better classified as game lounge or spammer's haven, of course, this is just my suggestion.

Quote by tsubasawingjing
the first one is manga&anime gallery,i think is too few^^;
some of the manga i want to find but didn't have....

I do not agree, at its current state, I cannot find a community with more titles as Minitokyo, it is already good enough, and seeing that the use of english is not as fluent, I assume you may be referring to some more minor titles that may be foreign or otherwise lesser known in Japan or over the world. I feel that eventually they may be added, that is if there are any gallery items to be added into them, otherwise, scans and wallpapers do not manifest themselves from thin air.

Quote by SilentMasamuneIn my opinion, MT is absolutely not up to par. I have seen much better progress in MT v2 than I do with MT v3. Even though the highlighted submissions was established about 20 weeks ago, the selections are now cliche and it's time for a change. This may come out of the biased behavior of the moderators because I constantly see the same art there by the same people while others are becoming less and less noticed. The top favorites is already consumed by the same artists over and over again, so make no mistake about that. I thought the highlighted submissions would be something better in which the members could learn how different art is made, but with the same selections, they will eventually complain and avoid the work. This is originally supposed to be an anime community; why do we see penguins and RPG-Maker-like characters in the highlighted submissions? Though I haven't submitted anything in a while, and I doubt I will do so, I feel that the same artists will keep getting noticed while other artists would become less inspired by the cliche work.

Quoted from a highlighted item:

Chosen by shyxsakura and biriwilg

The clean, popping vector work and kooky perspective add a breezy feel to this simple desktop candy. Feeling summery already? :D

Proposed by shyxsakura and highlighted by biriwilg.

end quote.

Other than the points that Silent Masamune has stated, it is about time that specific reasoning, really reasons and well deserved items be favored for a highlighted item, I am not pointing fingers at the particular submission in which I quoted, but simply at the reasons, if it is really so good, a real comment and real deserving one at that should be given properly, rather than the above quote which is vague, signalling nothing but an advertising message, a message that is just saying nothing constructive and like "Oh, what a nice wallz to highlightsz!" .

No offense, but I find reasons like this rather annoying if anything else.

Quote by SilentMasamuneFourthly, due to the constant cycle of submitting to get favorites, spending to download scans, and perhaps even make wallpapers or vector art out of those scans, it's no wonder why we oftentimes see a decline in the work of the members. The gallery isn't as flexible as it used to be when members were free to download wallpapers or scans after a certain level. Instead of using credits to download wallpapers and scans, an upload restriction should be given because I find that the uploading is worse than the downloading. This will give members and moderators more time to go through the gallery to find submissions that do not belong and report them. The more uploads that are being made, the more downloads that are being made which will in due time consume even more bandwidth.

An upload cap, that would be a nice implication, but at its current state there is already one, members can only upload 5 scans a day, which is good for controlling flood. The wallpapers I am not sure, since I only make one every now and then on an average of two weeks.

I hope that my input and extremely long quotes and followed by this ridiculously long post has bear some significance to the topic at hand.

I would like to apologize in advance if I happened to offend anyone in my post, I simply wish to address my ideas. Cheers.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

This is just a small complaint, but its my opinion that there are way too many game threads in the forum. All the good, interesting discussions MT used to have are gone...

Signature Image

While overall I am relatively satisfied with the non-technical aspects of mt (many techie things on my wishlist though :) )...I agree that the quality of threads is not great...although it's really nice that there are now more specific forums I feel like there may be a few too many division, which makes it more difficult to sustain an actual conversation and promotes lots of tiny repeat threads
Perhaps if a happy medium number could be found for the forums based on the number of real nonspam posts per section?

While I enjoy the free dl quota, I agree that it is should be refreshed less frequently than every day...maybe every week or month as was suggested...I feel like most people probably download in waves anyway...at the same time, the number of dls per day could be cut because then it wouldn't really be necessary to have such a high number...something more like 50/week or something

I'd also be interested in something like an upload cap for walls...there really are too many for the mods to keep track of right now...it would be great if most walls submitted if not every wall could be critiqued by at least one mod/elite member aside from those submitted in the sandbox
while it would be mean more deleted walls...I think the overall quality increase of the gallery would outweigh the change...besides it would help people improve their artwork over time...I feel that criticism is painful :( but necessary...and if every wall got looked at then it would be more fair to all members known and lesser-known
(It'd be even cooler if the critiques could be made on anonymous walls...but I guess that's just wishful thinking)

My main issue I think would just be more and better interaction between mods/elites and members for the betterment of all :)

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

yeah, quite happy, but there's been too many low quality scans.

Signature

I was obssessed about MT for the first 2 months but now it's kinda getting lackluster. I mean it's fun talking to my friends, commenting on the wallies/scans but I keep thinking it needs something new.

The forums and the groups are interesting but definetly needs something new. Also people are coming with threads that are pointless. I mean the games are fun but sometimes I wanna talk about something more serious. I mean there are few threads in the City Hall but not a whole lot. Most of them are in the Chat Lounge or General anime/manga

But for the rest, I'm happy with MT. Really needs something new

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 107 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.