Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo: Are you Happy? - Minitokyo

Minitokyo: Are you Happy?

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 107 total items

After reading other posts, I feel I have a more lenient view (actually I already know that).

I think that MT being first a site about anime/manga (and a little japanese games), it's hardly surprising to see how the forums are (more about these subjects or not serious ones). The only forum I dislike is the City Lounge, maybe because it's more passionnate and it is the one where I find personnal attack. it just make me wonder about what kind of behaviors are tolerated in this Lounge or maybe I am too sensitive about these things and I'm infuriated that things that should be greeted by a smile (by example when someone tell you that your view - that was longly explained and supported by facts, other opinions - come more from mangas and not history books). At least, I am never looked down in the Chat Lounge.

I think the free quota is a good thing and I don't really think that with 30 free downloads leechers would drive down MT, they would need to use credits. And before that, the quota would probably cut down if there's a need. I wouldn't like if MT follows the same road that Animepaper.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Alfredigital

Alfredigital

I WAS BORN TO MURDER THE WORLD!

Kinda happy, because you see, I have right now alot of credits, and all I do is submit wallpapers. could there be something even cooler to exchange my credits for, instead of building new groups and threads?
For Example, with a certain # of credits you could exchange them for stuff like very rare wallpapers, or hidden anime sites. Another cool novelty to MT might be a Video section or an arcade.

Well, I can say that I still love Minitokyo and i've been here for 66 weeks.

The main reason I love being here in Minitokyo is the people you meet here, and how you can all come together and criticize the art that is posted on Minitokyo, discuss different topics with each other, and things of that nature. Of course there are many other things I could go on about Mt but I haven't the time for it.

But over the months i've been here, it kind of felt like Minitokyo seems to gradually be losing what it used to be about, especially in the art department, like how the newest popular posts are usually, just trendwhorish kind of walls with ecchi dominating them, but thankfully that seems to be clearing up with Mt3.
Something else I noticed a lot is that now the Forums seem to be filled up with games and such instead of threads with real topics up for discussion.

But I digress I still love Minitokyo and am happy with it. ^_^'
~narutofan

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

there was another topic that was saying there are just too many games around, and I felt I am actually in a sense responsible for I have started the Ban the user above you game which became ever popular and many of the players there eventually branched out their own. So i felt I needed to apologize to many here who really wanted to have more serious discussions, I suppose there is not really much I can do, however, one thing for sure, if it will satisfy those who are more into the interesting topics people, those who genuinely contributes to Minitokyo, then by all means, close those spam threads that I have made before.
As for the rest, I can just say that it is about time that some wallpapers are really given thought of appreciating, I don't really know what it means to have a highlighted item, but some proper reason for highlighting the items would be good, in every sense of the word.
Minitokyo is a good place, though I have not really contributed much, I must say, if there is a place more balanced in rules, allowing fun and harmony, it is here.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

somebodyelse

Retired Moderator

somebodyelse

Pacman's mouthpiece

I've actually already sent a PM with my comments, but I'll put some of them up here for public record. Maybe some people will agree.

First of all: We really need an automatic system that forces members to read the MT policy upon joining (or at least click a button saying they did). This idea has been posted in the past; the reason I re-propose it is because I've been doing a lot of rip-hunting lately and almost all of what I find is by members that have been here less than a week, or come here and "lurk" for several weeks and then decide to submit their ripped stuff, almost never having read the policy. I politely PM'ed 2 different people asking them to delete their stuff on their own; 1 did and apologized, the other hasn't been back yet. This demonstrates to me that folks are far less likely to submit rips in the first place if they're mechanically forced to read the policy. Also as the system stands now, when I find a ripper, I'm inclined to write them and politely ask them to delete their rips and read the policy. If a system forced them to acknowledge the policy before submitting anything, this would free my conscience to hack and slash rips with mechanical precision. Maybe some rip-hunter comrades agree? An alternate solution could be to have a note in all caps on the wallpaper submission screens. * ALL WALLS MUST BE YOUR OWN WORK * or something to that effect, same for doujins. The effect should be similar.

Second, as far as neat features to add to Minitokyo, there's a few really cool things I saw over at Animepaper that I think could be incorporated here. Leaderboards/lists is one; you could have top ten lists for most submissions, most favs, highest credit totals and the like. And speaking of credits, how about a credit lottery? <drool>

Third, concerning the free download quota, it probably is a bit high, IMHO 20 would be less taxing to the bandwidth, or perhaps 100 per week in line with what someone was suggesting. But doing away with it altogether wouldn't be a good idea, as we still have the occasional connection problem (pwn3d for timed-out downloads and the like), and we still have some issues to round out with the credit system. Also, free downloads are useful for hunting down rippers, duplicate scans and the like. It's cool to use some downloads to police Minitokyo and still have some left over to browse around.

Fourth and last: the forums. SilentMasamune's comments are spot-on; the serious discussions are drowned out by the games and thinly-veiled "favorites" threads, plus I hesitate to join in the serious discussions as a rule- it seems to me that strong emotions take over the discussions, and they turn into back-and-forth bashing contests that quickly get old. This isn't gospel, just my opinion.

:pacman: pauses for breath...

Now all of that being said, I still think Minitokyo is a great place overall, in terms of volume and submission quality. There's just plenty of simple improvements that can be made.

Signature Image
"Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt..." -Jimmy Buffett

Aoi Nishimata goodies! Check my gallery out!

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I really like the forum, and surfing the galleries is lots of fun too. Overall, I'm happy with the sight.

I think it would be easier to go through messages if the submissions could be viewed as thumbnails, and there's a problem with my message box that I think others have had issues with in the past. It says I have 2 messages, but I really don't have any messages whatsoever, no matter now many times I try to clear them. Also, a search feature that is much easier to find would help a lot, and giving users the option of deleting forum threads they started that failed.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

ZhuangQuan

ZhuangQuan

Believe in What You Believe

I am ok with the way minitokyo works but I am not satisfied with the credits problem what I have right now

Quote by somebodyelseI've actually already sent a PM with my comments, but I'll put some of them up here for public record. Maybe some people will agree.

I absolutely agree with EVERYTHING sombodyelse said...but I won't quote it back again :)
I especially like the suggestion of a mandatory policy read...it would really make a big improvement on mistakes that are made by noobs and definitely make for guiltfree corrections and I also use the quota for policing

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

... u_u

I definitely feel like MT3 took a step backwards in the way the system's set up. The credits system now is pretty much useless because of the amount of free downloads, and getting rid of the levels system was a great idea I thought, but now that's back too... The original idea behind the credits system really could've done a lot to improve the quality of MT's galleries overall, so I'm a bit disappointed to see that it didn't really pan out the way it was supposed to.

Overall I feel like... not that I have any strong dislike of any particular aspect of MT3... although I definitely feel like there's a lot of room for improvement. I'm really grateful to MT for starting me down the walling path and giving me the chance to meet all these wonderful people :) But yah, overall I feel like MT for me now is mostly just a place to check up on some of my favorite wallers' works. I've pretty much stopped browsing the galleries since most of it aren't walls of the kind I like, and I've never was a huge forum person to begin with. As a noobie waller I've definitely found AP to be more helpful in terms of the constructive comments, etc. Again I definitely feel like the original idea behind the credits system (without all the free downloads) would've done a lot to raise the quality of the galleries and the comments, but... :/

...lastly, reading some of the previous posts. I do agree with what someone said about highlighting more unknown artists. I don't have a problem with most of the highlighted walls... I think they're great, and I've got a lot of respect for many of those wallers, but I definitely agree that there are lots of really good, underappreciated wallers that deserve a highlight now and then :) Doujinshi artists as well! Talk about people with real creativity and skills being ignored... Also it'd definitely be nice to have more walls of different styles and mediums highlighted... seems like vectors are taking over xP

selimangagirl

selimangagirl

la luz de la luna

Yes! I am really happy!

yes i'm very happy!

happianime

happianime

May all your dreams come true!

I'm happy with everything in MT.....except for the download quota.

Always approach with a smile!

minitokyo.net rulez

Signature Image

CosmoStar

CosmoStar

Let's be Nakayoshi*

The word is really "happy". Only happy.
I like here because of all the wonderful shares of scans and wallpapers and I'm love with the talented and ability of the great artists we have here.
I can enter in contact with lost of new mangakas and series and this is really nice, since anime/manga is my great passion. I can meet fellow doujinshi designers and be happy with their great works.

I just think forums threads are becaming quite boring with all those games.
I don't understand the quarantaine too or to whom should I to report when I found my scans in quarantaine.

I'm here just to make some friends and delight myself with the great shares, but I feel an atmosphere sometimes that makes me really sad... a cold feeling, a bitter, a rivalry feeling.

MT stimulated me to be a wallpaper artist, but actually I feel very discouraged because I live in the fear of being deleted and ignored, nobody care for the efforts I put in my work and don't mind to say a word...

Anyway, I enjoy being here and don't intend to join any other similar group. I'm always obsessed if I've got notifications and I'm always scanning the site to see the new things that are available. I have some good friends which we talk and a kind feedback, so I'm happy.

I only want to undesrtsand why my Notifications is always saying that I have one message but in fcat there are none...

Thanks for this thread. It's very good to know that you mods are interested in the people that make MT and wnat to hear our opinions and complaints. Sorry I was sentimental :D, but I only said what I truly think.
"Kindness is the key". This is what I think and this is how a I treat everybody.

~Life is happening somewhere else from here
~[D-A]~[A-F]~[W-L]~[M-F]~[G00D]~[GSA]~[KxL]~[Red-Knight]~[Princess of Orb]
~Mod from:~[KS4Ever]~
Signature

nolove

nolove

better forget me ...

where can i find another perfect than here? this is soooooo cute ^___^ everyone is lovely and so kind, and you all moderators keep this community clear >__<(thought sometime i getting tired searching scan dunt know why it be deleted >__<). i cant think of anything else but so nice place >__<, i will say if it turn out lol :D

-: BE-DEATH-MEMORIES :-

I am very happy with the way MiniTokyo is currently, with the exception of the highlighting system, but that has already been discussed in detail so no need to elaborate further.

I do not think MiniTokyo should copy AnimePaper. If MiniTokyo were to implement the same policies, features, and workings of AnimePaper, MT would no longer be MT, but a rip off of AP. MiniTokyo is a truly great and unique site, and I would hate to see it change from its current state.

Now about the download quota... the only people who seem to complain about it are those who download perhaps five to ten things per day. Thirty is not a large number. Contrary to what you may believe, not everyone who does not spend many hours each day posting in the forums is a leech. I for example, have never been one for inane discussion with people I do not know, and I doubt I ever will. I browse galleries searching for rips, duplicates, etc. and thirty free downloads are a blessing. I do not want to waste hundreds of my hard-earned credits just to check the quality of an image. A larger resolution and file size does not always mean it is better, so a download is necessary. Also, signatures and other details are not visible from the thumbnails, so if you see a wallpaper that you could swear you have seen somewhere before, but can't quite remember, you must download to see it. Many times I have downloaded a wallpaper or scan only to find it is horrible quality, leads to a broken link, or simply doesn't look as good as it did in the thumbnail.

Thirty free downloads is in no way "catering to the leechers" as some have claimed in the past. The vast majority of galleries have several hundred items; it would take one quite a while to suck up an entire gallery going at only thirty a day. If they decide to continue downloading, they would have to begin using their credits, and they would quickly run out.

As I have said before, Sheqel did not pull this number out of a hat. I am sure he and the moderators discussed it thoroughly and decided this was an ideal and fair number. Many of you claim to be concerned about bandwidth consumption... ~_~ Really, now. What you are saying is that you think Sheqel is incompetent and incapable of regulating his own site. That couldn't be further from the truth. Think about this : Sheqel has all the information. We have none. MiniTokyo is his baby, and he is the one spending the money to keep this site up. If any of this was a huge problem, then MT would be incredibly strict. Instead of complaining, why not just enjoy this great site?

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

To help guide the discussion regarding the download quota and bandwidth consumption, please know that we are not experiencing any bandwidth issues. The last word from sheqel is that we are actually way underusing our available bandwidth. So that should not be a concern.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

What can I say....?
Nop, I'm not happy anymore here, MT lost it charm to me at all, I'm here only for reply the PM's and GB's.
Don't like the download quota and the highlighted buttoms.

Signature Image

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Hum i'm mainly happy thanks to all the people i've met here, and the stimulating groups i've joined ^_^'
Of course there is some "pollution" in the forums and the galleries, but since my concern is mainly the doujinshi gallery, i get to avoid that ;)

anyway one of my main problem with MT 3 is that the group announcements (which by the way is an incredible feature) can't be deleted and thus make the pages full of stuff that's not up to date anymore.... it's pretty bad that there's such a good thing implemented, but we can't use it as much as we want ^_^'

I'm just a happy member who's been able to meet with great people at the good time :)

anj

PS hey shin sama, i wonder what happened with the little problem i told you about (since it seems the site's still up ;) ).... it's not like you have to tell me of your mod's moves either !

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

My thoughts, just maybe, I think it is time for MT to consider bringing back the minimum word count reply system.
There used to be a system that makes sure forum replies have a limited 64 characters or else implementation, which is good. (I suggest at least 40 plus)

http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/44207/whats-favorite-anime-cartoon/

an example why, the thread starter just used a smiley, although it is closed, it simply means there will always be people who don't understand the way it works.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Well, I love MT coz I have found amazing people here! Good friends, tallent people and this webpage it's about one of my greatest passions: Anime.

I dont have any artistic level, but I admire and enjoy others works and, about the FDQ.... Well, even knowing that I dont know how to make a wallpaper of my own, submit it and win credits for it, I think it would be better to remove the FDQ. I think that would make members appreciate MT a lot more.

That's all I have to say... for now! hehehe :)

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

not at all, but I stay because I care.

see
http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/40776/lets-talk-about-highlighting-system/
for more details and interesting points brought up.

merged: 02-03-2006 ~ 09:11am
oh one more thing.

Where are the noob mods on #MT?
it's irritating to know not one of the new moderators ever appear on the channel where a big part of the senior members still go.

enchantressinthedark

enchantressinthedark

Eternal empire.

Overall, Minitokyo is really a website where you could get addicted to it very easily. It has a great community and I feel like I have one whole big family online ^^

But I have a few suggestions.
#1. Get rid of the merged posts thingy.
I think that we can double post in the Guestbook is better. What if, I post a message in a member's guestbook, then after some days, I post again, but then, the member has not received any guestbook posts yet so then, my post will be merged with my last post and thus, if I didn't tell the member that my post got merged, he/she wouldn't even know. Most of the members wouldn't even noticed the merged post. If the mods don't feel like taking the merged posts feature away, I think it is best to send out a notification notifying about the post that was merged with the last post. That way, no one needs to worry ;)

#2. Credits
Ok, I'm not gonna drag on bout how good the Level system was, but then again, I'm not really satisfied. What's the point of having credits if there is the free download quota thingy? And then, the credits do not even show to other members. My suggestion is, BRING THE LEVEL SYSTEM BACK! And my question is, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE LEVEL SYSTEM? There, I said it again ^_^'

#3. Participated Threads Feature from v2 should come back.
This is another great feature which MT threw away. If someone replied to the thread, then we'll know. But if someone didn't, the thread won't appear in our Participated Thread list. Now that's a good feature. At least we can get to know whether there are any replies from our participated threads and not go search the whole forum like crazy just to find that particular thread. I know that the Control Panel has it but its not that elaborating.

I hope the mods will consider my suggestions and oh, you can ignore my second suggestion if you are bored of hearing people saying how much they miss the level system. ^^

Intertwined ways of life.
Signature Image
Admin/Mod of G00D| F.W.| AsuCaga| GS-A| C.G.K| F.M.D| J.T-MT| B.W.T.B| S.R| Tsubasa| Host-Club

Quote by DevildudeMy thoughts, just maybe, I think it is time for MT to consider bringing back the minimum word count reply system.
There used to be a system that makes sure forum replies have a limited 64 characters or else implementation, which is good. (I suggest at least 40 plus)

http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/44207/whats-favorite-anime-cartoon/

an example why, the thread starter just used a smiley, although it is closed, it simply means there will always be people who don't understand the way it works.

However, spammers will then just resort to copying-and-pasting other people's post. And when you have threads with 150+ replies, it's hard to notice that it was a copy-and-paste job. And they are getting lots of credits for the long posts.

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 107 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.