Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo: Are you Happy? - Minitokyo

Minitokyo: Are you Happy?

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 107 total items

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Quote by somebodyelse
First of all: We really need an automatic system that forces members to read the MT policy upon joining (or at least click a button saying they did). This idea has been posted in the past; the reason I re-propose it is because I've been doing a lot of rip-hunting lately and almost all of what I find is by members that have been here less than a week, or come here and "lurk" for several weeks and then decide to submit their ripped stuff, almost never having read the policy. I politely PM'ed 2 different people asking them to delete their stuff on their own; 1 did and apologized, the other hasn't been back yet. This demonstrates to me that folks are far less likely to submit rips in the first place if they're mechanically forced to read the policy. Also as the system stands now, when I find a ripper, I'm inclined to write them and politely ask them to delete their rips and read the policy. If a system forced them to acknowledge the policy before submitting anything, this would free my conscience to hack and slash rips with mechanical precision. Maybe some rip-hunter comrades agree? An alternate solution could be to have a note in all caps on the wallpaper submission screens. * ALL WALLS MUST BE YOUR OWN WORK * or something to that effect, same for doujins. The effect should be similar.

I made a thread suggesting this a while ago and it wasn't really very well recieved. I still believe it is a good idea.

I haven't been nearly as active in the forums as I used to be, mostly because there isn't a lot of discussion that I can really get into anymore. The Chat Lounge is overrun with game threads, and while those are fun there is getting to be way too many. I'll poke my head in once in a while but rarely, if ever, post. I'm usually only on now to stay in touch with friends and upload my new walls.

The gallery....well...its all right. I still see a lot of rips from new members who don't know any better and maybe some who do but don't care. The top faves still see the same people again and while there have been a few newer or less known wallers up there a lot of the work is still the same people. I like the idea of highlighted walls but a lot of those are also done by the same artists. I was happy to see a relatively new waller have his/her work highlighted though, and I think that's what we need to see more of.

The download quota...I didn't care for it when it was first implemented and I thought the number was too high. I suggested that it should be dropped down to about 15. Having the download quota in the first place was like giving leechers a hand. Even if they had little credits they could still download 30 walls or scans in a day. Due to the download quota I haven't used my credits at all. They've just kept accumulating. It kinda defeated the purpose of having credits. :\

And now with the fact that we can't see our credit total...this also defeats the purpose of having them. If we can't see them, what is the point?

Sorry for the long reply, and congrats to you if you read all that hehehe. I hope someone will appreciate my opinion though.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

Quote by AngelKateThe download quota...I didn't care for it when it was first implemented and I thought the number was too high. I suggested that it should be dropped down to about 15. Having the download quota in the first place was like giving leechers a hand. Even if they had little credits they could still download 30 walls or scans in a day. Due to the download quota I haven't used my credits at all. They've just kept accumulating. It kinda defeated the purpose of having credits. :\

I am likewise in thought with the download quota, and though dropping it to 15 would be a good idea, I think that dropping it to 10 would be more efficient, as a whole. I only really take the time to look at wallpapers, nowadays, and even that is among the rare side of things. 10 a day would be a suitable and efficient figure for most people, and it would also, most likely get them into the use of the credits, too, depending on how much they download.

Now, onto a more pressing issue.. the message we get in the place of the DLQ and Credits.. I know I said it in the thread marked for it, but what the heck, a voice is heard better among darkness, which is how I feel a single persons voice is branded as, on MT. All personal opinion thoughts, of course.

Anyways, the message in the top left is ugly, and out of place, in my opinion. As a suggestion to the Administration, I suggest that you, rather than have it as the message, have it less formal, if you have to have it at all. Use something like, " Credits: Hidden " or something, but please don't leave it as that message..

Other than those small things.. I have no real problem with how MiniTokyo is. As long as it doesn't wander into the region of 'to post, you have to use credits', or something completely random, and stupid like that..

Signature
Avatar, Signature Image and Userpage Layout by k1ru.

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

I'm not really happy due that too many friends are leaving MT (And they are not leechers). Most of them are in Animepaper (they also have a paper/credit system).

With the credits hidden i'm really confused, why?

Furthermore, in MT the gallery admins does not creates the new categories for the new animes, what's up people? whay don't you update the galleries with new sections?

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

Quote by ZerlingoWith the credits hidden i'm really confused, why?

I have a feeling they're using the hidden quota/credits thing to prevent leechers.. but I have a feeling it'll damage the trust of the members who don't leech a lot more, than it will the leechers.. much like your experiences, Zerlingo.. Today, I mostly only hang around so that I can see the talents of those I class as friends on here. The DLQ and Credits hiding is almost literally the only reason I'm on the forums.

..but whatever. Not like they're gonna listen to a single member about an issue such as this.. though it's purely factual, what I have said..

Signature
Avatar, Signature Image and Userpage Layout by k1ru.

Whrn the new version of minitokyo came out I firstly started disliking the way it was that time but now I think it is ways better than before! ^^ Short: I am happy with the new MT and MT in general!

Osirisa

Osirisa

+ get lost +

Happy because of the huge and wonderful gallery that MT has ^__^. And really love to see highlighted art every week ^^, those wall maybe aren't liked by people but have different styles ^^

Disappointed:
- Popular art vevry week: usually has walls whose designers have a huge WL >__< omg I dont want to say that but it's really unfair. Most members here think that adding fav is duty when seeing someone's wall that's in their WL >__< Why don't u keep the rule that can add just 10 fav a week?
- I don't visit forum very often, so I dont know what I think is true or not. It's going to be boring........ And the forum doesn't have a good look >__< not attractive >__<

Maybe that's all. I usually care for the gallery more than other parts >__<

Signature

Akarix

Akarix

Potato! :D

Oh im quite happy here XD though sometimes i get confused with things.. =_________=" Oh yea... and i dun even know how to do the picture background for the userpage XD so i just find a picture with repeat patterns lol~!

But i thing this place need to be a little attractive.. ^^
But it izzz still me fave~~~ im so addicted here.. =____=" to addicted need to cut down though.. -_-

Happy minitokyo'ing.. lol..

well, to tell you the truth, i keep thinking it was better before ... i *loved* the way MT was before, with this little "level" game... ^^ we were able to download any amount of picture we wanted without having to worry about this "quota" thing... i know, people had to be level 10 to download scans... now anybody can download scan without thinking "damn i'm not yet lvl10..." but i keep thinking it was better before...

pawafaru hikaru kurofomuru !

Ky

Ky

Blue

With all due respect, it seems each version of MT is worse than the one before. MT1 was great. Fast, easy to navigate. MT2 was not as good, but still had its ups. MT3 (now) is nowhere near as good as the first 2. I see absolutely no perks to this system at all. Here's a tip for the people who work on the board : Instead of trying to make something new, try to work on what's there. Making a new system is just too cumbersome for the members,

Yup I'm quite happy here as well... but I'd like to see "the buttons in the control panel" getting some icons already...it looks very crude as of now.

I agree on the highlited subs tho.... I'd like to see something else than whats always presented there...

schwindelmagier

schwindelmagier

Anna Vi Britannia+++

I am happy here since the first time...
I love this site.....and I like that so many people of so many different countries are here...that is wonderful....minitokyo and all the people here give me a feeling of total happiness....
I really feel me welcome here...a great feeling...thanks all very much..^___________^

Signature Image
+s.m.i.l.e. - the illusion of humanity+

Mechanic

Mechanic

Mxn Mechanic

Sure (personally speaking) I'm indeed very happy with Mnitokyo, there are lot of people around here and specially anime related stuff so thank you :D :cheers:

Orgullosamente [color=gray]de ����[/color]

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

Quote by EternalParadoxTo help guide the discussion regarding the download quota and bandwidth consumption, please know that we are not experiencing any bandwidth issues. The last word from sheqel is that we are actually way underusing our available bandwidth. So that should not be a concern.

and with this I will start my post
if there are no problems with the bandwidth then why are you people whining about the leechers? the FDQ is too high, the credits don't have a point blablabla SO? Do you want hundreds of people spamming in the forum and the gallery to get credits so they could download the scans? Because without the download quota it would happen. It's better to leave them alone so they could quietly download instead of spamming.
The idea of 100 free downloads per week was great in my opinion because 30 downloads per day is a bit too much, makes 210 free downloads per week.

I'm having a little trouble working my way around, but i'm new so it's only natural. I haven't found any drastic problems so far! ^^

KenshinJennings

KenshinJennings

pollo loco

I am very happy with Minitokyo and all it's features,but somethings are confusing.What is a Download Quota?...

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by KenshinJenningsI am very happy with Minitokyo and all it's features,but somethings are confusing.What is a Download Quota?...

It was a system implemented awhile ago as a way in which to allow members a few free downloads fo scans and walls. (by download I mean be able to view the larger view of an image)

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

Quote by alminaI have a problem... I can't help going to MT forum even if I know I should do something else. ^_^

I sooooo agree with that statement! XD Actually, I was thinking that if there were announcements pertaining to the site (such as updates, contests, etc) maybe have a thread that runs on the front page in which only mods and admins can post in, but have the actual posting thread with the same topics in the forum for members to respond. I'm always in the dark with updates or new features unless I happen to run across the thread.

Otherwise, no gripes worth griping about. I really like how small the MT community feels and how great all the artists are. Mostly there's helpful feedback posted on the awesome gallery entries and only the members can make that possible. My standards and expectations have so gone up since looking around the gallery here. I'm glad to be a member of MT! :)

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

Quote by ElvesActually, I was thinking that if there were announcements pertaining to the site (such as updates, contests, etc) maybe have a thread that runs on the front page in which only mods and admins can post in, but have the actual posting thread with the same topics in the forum for members to respond. I'm always in the dark with updates or new features unless I happen to run across the thread.

That is definitely a good idea...perhaps it would help decrease the number of individual question/complaint threads as well
Then people who aren't checking the forums or don't know where to look would also hear the important news

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

I was mostly satisfied, up until the hidden credits/DQ, and even less after some of the changes today.

Things I have not liked for a while: the forums, the MT feedback forum is the only one I visit even semi-regularly anymore. The computer hardware and software forum (my specialty) is inundated with idiots (no offense guys). Granted with such a large community it is impossible to maintain something as complex as a tech support forum, the more people you have the more bad advice is posted in each thread, and good posts from knowledgeable people are drowned out by the foam of nonsense. In general I have had a strong dislike for the MT forums almost since I first looked at them. And there is nothing the moderators or administrators can do to fix them. The problem is written right on the Frontpage: Members: 241,000. Internet forums degrade the more members there are, if you visit a forum with around 2,000-3,000 members you will find that is about the sweet spot, out of that many members around 100-300 might be active and it is possible for everyone to know everyone else who posts regularly. The higher ups need to understand some of their apparent goals for this community are impossible given the sheer volume of members. There are too many people for this place to ever feel like a "close knit community".

Signature Image

FloralFallal

FloralFallal

Lover of shirtless anime men

Quote by chingetscook
The problem is written right on the Frontpage: Members: 241,000. Internet forums degrade the more members there are, if you visit a forum with around 2,000-3,000 members you will find that is about the sweet spot, out of that many members around 100-300 might be active and it is possible for everyone to know everyone else who posts regularly. The higher ups need to understand some of their apparent goals for this community are impossible given the sheer volume of members. There are too many people for this place to ever feel like a "close knit community.

I don't think that's the actual problem, I think it's the fact that only a small number of people actually post in the forums. One of the things I like to do while I'm here is look at people's userpages and I'm shocked at the amount of people who have never posted or even looked at any of the pages here. I guess it's because most of them are intimidated but I think that if we got some of these people to start posting here there wouldn't be so little interesting threads.

Signature Image
Thanks again to Tinbad for my avi and sig

I just recently came across this site. Previously I had not idea there was such a treasure trove of anime art on the web. I'm just glad that this is available to everyone. Keep up the good work!

Don't trouble, trouble until trouble, troubles you.

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

Quote by voluptuousinaz I just recently came across this site. Previously I had not idea there was such a treasure trove of anime art on the web. I'm just glad that this is available to everyone. Keep up the good work!

i'm pretty impressed at how new members seems to always think "oh this is a great site", and how older members are living in the "Old MT that was so cool, now they have all those stupid features" !

Isn't that pretty interesting, that once people are used to something, once it changes, they always think it's bad !
I'm pretty happy with all the new changes, actually it's good to see everyone participate like that, there was so much activity yesterday, that was pretty cool... sometimes i think there should be changes just for the sake of it, so that people would get involved, speak, debate ect ! ^_^'

kaizzya

kaizzya

Kusotaro..

hmmm
quite shocked.. when they started the credits system...

and now like buying scan not dl... *well my thinks

I find it pretty hard getting credits.
By posting on the forums I dont seem to be getting enough credits.
I have to post for like a day or 2 to be able to get 1 scan ( excluding free download quota )

Now that the quote is only 5 and when i see an image wich i REALLY MUST have then i might get into problems because i might not be able to get it.

Also submitting scans is a pain.. It's like there's people getting paid to submit scans. Each and everytime i submit a scan it has already been submitted before.. =(

Anyhow .. that's just my 2 cents and i guess i should just post more and more

page 3 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 107 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.