Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Minitokyo: Are you Happy? - Minitokyo

Minitokyo: Are you Happy?

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 107 total items

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

this is such a long thread of whinning (including my previous post, I know ;) ) I won't read it completely, so I'm sorry If I repeat something already told.

The forum is going well IMO, except for one thing: It is flooded with games. Since those threads only contain silly matters and a billions of posts, why not invite the members to join the IRC channel and ban game threads to clean the forum a bit?

dragonbard

dragonbard

Imitating Sanji

WEll of course i am...
Not a long ago maybe like 2 or 3 months ago, i couldn't enter the site most of the time cause the server was failing, but now it seems it has been modified or ameliorated
I'm really glad abuot the admins s' work and all
But there are still some groups that need to be updated though...
Anyways i'm havin' a lot of fun browsing all pics and wallpapers!

Well, life depends on AAYAA

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by candy-chanthis is such a long thread of whinning (including my previous post, I know ;) ) I won't read it completely, so I'm sorry If I repeat something already told.

The forum is going well IMO, except for one thing: It is flooded with games. Since those threads only contain silly matters and a billions of posts, why not invite the members to join the IRC channel and ban game threads to clean the forum a bit?

Yes the mods are fully aware of the game situation. However since they do not pose any such threat to MT or are in any violation of MT policy there are no such reasons to ban games permanently. However games that are basically the same in nature are being closed so if you see one that is of the same basic design as another game they should be reported

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Happy a lot...^^

very happy!

KingTobo

Scribbleh

Just recently I started seriously participating in this community, and I really like it. I like that the forums have every single kind of discussion you could imagine, and all with a lot of very intellegent input from members (of course there's always spam, but I just ignore that). I used to not come her often, because I could never download scans (because I am not good at art, and therefore could not get the neccesary level), but I really love the implementation of the new system. Without the new system I probably would have never really checked out the huge community that's here. Personally there's so much here that I usually just refresh the front page and post in any interesting topics that pop up in the recent posts sections. I couldn't be happier with the whole system, and the amount of community involvement that you guys encourage!

kaidou

kaidou

.mousou.dairinin.

I rather like Minitokyo, although I have had a few probs with v3...I am a grad student, very busy, and so have only a few minutes to check MT every day. Still, I make it part of my morning routine. Lately, though, I haven't been able to download anything because my credit count is so low. I have contributed a few walls, bad though they be, but I haven't had time to make any for months now. Leecher? Probably...but a contributing member when I'm able.

As for the Forum, I don't go there often, because really, are religious and political debates really what people want in an anime site? I wanna discuss the merits of Satoshi Kon versus Hideaki Anno, not debate about whether religions have equal rights. There are other sites for that.

Also, I think the next iPod spoof wall should be mercilessly shot down. ^_^ The endless stream of Gundam Seed walls could also dry up any time now... ^_~

My website of nothing: Sappari
http://www.kame-house.net/sappari

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Edit,

I have read the news, and am very dissapointed, but it was not of MT fault, so yeah, anything else, is fine.
x_x >_> <_<

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

I like the site a lot, it sure provides us with great graphics and it has a great layout, however I was dissapointed when I found out about the credit system, it took me a lot of time and posting to get to level 10 when you used the level system and suddenly my level 10 came to nothing, I now depend on credits and posting constantly in order to keep downloading, I donĀ“t have the time to do that much of both, I eaither download or post and I really dislike the censorship issue, the site is great but those are 2 things that can send the site to hell

Naruto-Uzumaki

Naruto-Uzumaki

Whatever...

I was more happy without those credit stuff >_> And would be more happy if i would know how to get them. I am not very talented in wallpaper making or other stuff. If i am wrong with the thought i can get them only with that plz tell me, and sorry if i had read over the information about how to get credits.

Signatures suck

Im very happy to be in this community even though im not as active as i can be... I really enjoy this site and the stuff that happens in here ^^

KorganoS

KorganoS

Busy atm ^_^;;

I am happy, and I will always be happy in MT because I'm an optimistic person XD. <-- guess whether it's sarcasm or not..

The community is still the way it was, if not getting a bit more silent. My friends are still here, and most of them are senior members who are busy with life. That's why we don't talk often, but I still keep track of their works. I myself are being busy with my jobs, etc.

Maybe because of the massive amount of newly registered members, the average quality of the artworks and wallpapers have severely decreased. I've been seing more ecchi and MSPaint ones these days. And you bet I am quite a lazy ass to go reporting each and every one of them. XP. No, actually, I'm on a pricey and annoyingly slow dialup. If I were on a cable, I myself would've done a massive sweeping of the galleries.

There are two things that I'm certainly not happy about, which are the download system and the gallery browsing.
I often get error 'P4WN3D' image when I tried to d/l something. That's not even funny. I tried it again and again, and it just doesn't work like it's spposed to be. Sometimes the image showed up, but cut in the middle, or the connection is reset at all. I know it's not because of the bandwidth nor my modem, but it's because the faulty antileech system.
The gallery browsing is, well, confusing. To find a particular category, it's not as fast as it used to be in v2. I believe many of you feel the same thing about this.

All in all, MT is a nice place to be, just like the old days. But the system needs fixing badly. It's all that hinders the community from enjoying MT life to the fullest. The only thing I can think of as a cause of all this is the ever increasing number of registered members with different personalities and reasons. It's inevitable. But surely, hundreds or even thousands of brilliant ideas coming from the members can help countermeasure the negative effects. And one definite idea to make the community better is to put a BIG 'READ THE RULES 1st' banner in the front page. XD

KorgZ.

For HQ anime pieces of art
visit : [FRAGMENTS] - www.crash.inweb.dk

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Korganos quoted all that I have to say, indeed.
It is about time walls are given a severe kick in the head, if you are just gonna put the description oh, 5 minutes and I am done, NO.

as for the Pwned message, please, change to something a little more pleasant for the members.

we do need some more workers here, and I felt that there are not enough mods running around.

Only a few, so far, actively there is Shinsengumi, Belmikry, Saikusa , Marissa...I only see Osiris, OracleAngel, occasionally...though I am not sure of their activity....and as far as I know, some of them even retired from the modding scene but retains the title.
I do not want to say much as of course they all have lives, but however, a forum of a 100 k members seriously needs more people with the job to do things right.
And also more polite....

the read the rules banner, wow...that is a welcome feature, it actually helps a lot.
I am sure there are still many bugs around that could use some fixing, such as the one I made earlier today about merge posts, so far as to my knowledge, the error message is still there, only that it works.

Such are common problems and I think to really make things work, problems like this must be look into.

Heck, maybe even a few more admins and a site developer would be great too, since Mr.Gottaname has mentioned that MT is not coded by the current admins, which I do not know the full details, it would be good such changes are made.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

I sense a disturbance in our customary services...

Least to say most of the problems are of no consequence, but getting the right people for the job is another matter. We can't be sure how responsible each member is, to guage his/her ability as a site mantainance officer...

Have anyone in mind?

Why don't all these people who think that this site needs original and far more interesting threads just go and post them?

I feel quite well here, thought my existence in this place has been really short, almost nothing compared to some dudes. But the quality of the art is really good and there are so many nice people.

But, as I started saying, post them if you want them. The forum is made of persons, and the persons set the threads....go ahead with something new! o.o

P.S. And if anyone wants to get credits o.o participate in forum threads o.o it's so easy to make opinion and talk about good themes...

P.S.2. And my sincere congratulations to the current Moderators ^^ keep it up

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

I can see how some members may feel that the pwn3d image is inappropriate, and therefore I would like to toss it back to you. If you can whip up a better placeholder image that you believe is more proper and pleasant than the current one, we can think about tossing it up as a replacement for the existing one.

Does that sound reasonable? On a related note, remember to sign up for the Minitokyo Control Panel Icon Contest!

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

MT is so great I've been here for a couple of weeks and I'm hooked!

Music is in your eyes.
Music is in your soul.
Music is surrounding, everywhere you see.
Music is a reflection of who we wish to be.

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

i'm quite happy, but i wished MT would change its layout, so it won't look boring.

Signature

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

I rather MT 2.
Tough it was slow, it was better (at least for me).

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

Quote by mikko87Im very happy to be in this community even though im not as active as i can be... I really enjoy this site and the stuff that happens in here ^^

same here... I try to make some nice walls... but mostly they get removed (just shows that I'm not good at it ^_^)

But at the same time... I agree that something new would rise the intrest of everyone here at Mt

whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door....

ikki333

ikki333

Ni idea

Yes , i'm happy with MT(though delete me a lot of my upload XD)... this community is great!

Nu se... probando esto

Anime-fan

Anime-fan

Anime-fan

For many months i have been well here in MT.
But now, in just 7 days the situation was turn very bad.
Many of my works was been deleted and now my gallery is decimate.
Afterall, i continue to hope that the situations can come back to the normality soon.

mmm..... i *love* this site and visit it a lot every day, but recently the credit system have become too strict!
i cant dl more than 5 free pics a day! sooo frustrating!
so im only drooling in front of my pc, hoping it will change...
onegai! m(_ _)m

Oh, I agree with pegasus21 on his suggestion regarding increasing the download quota limit....I'm a fan of almost all of the members' works and I like to add their works to my personal collection of course....hope you could consider my humble request....

page 4 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 107 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.