Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Cowboy Bebop vs. Samurai Champloo - Minitokyo

Cowboy Bebop vs. Samurai Champloo

page 1 of 1 11 total items

No, this isn't a vote. You can tell me which one you think is better, but I made this thread primarily because I haven't seen any of Samurai Champloo yet, and have watched (and adored) all of Cowboy Bebop plus the movie.

So, which is better and why? But more importantly, how do the two compare, since they're created by the same people? Some have said that Cowboy Bebop is Cowboys plus Jazz, and that Samurai Champloo is Samurai plus hip-hop. How same are the two series, and how different?

well i watched both but i have to say that Samurai Champloo is better

i prefer Cowboy Bebop cause i love Jazz. Samurai Champloo is good, if you like "the japanese style" wich of course is really good. But i prefer the space and time stuff.

fluke

fluke

What once was good enough...

I don't think 2 animes could be more different yet so much the same all at once. They are both great shows, Bebop had great music, great stories and great characters. Champloo...great music, great stories and great characters. I think it's amazing how Watanabe and crew have managed to do the same thing to 2 different genre's, blending great music and great style. Each has it's own uniqueness, I like a wide variety of music and wide variety of anime genre's, so both show's appeal to me greatly. I think if you liked Cowboy Bebop, I think you should give Champloo a try, I think you might like it. Ok....I have said the word "great" enough times I think tonight.

I like them both but then in a fighting match I would have to go with SC because Jin and Mugen can slice and dice ass even when people are shooting at them with guns. Spike and Jet just use guys and would fall easily when faced against Jin and Mugen. Am I even spelling his name right? Man I don't know...but I would have to say that SC is better...but not by that much. *Sprints away from all the die-hard CBB fans and their throwing rocks*

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

i perfer Samurai Champloo cause even though both has good music.. I didn't like CB's storyline as much.. and the animation wasn't that great.. SC was just hilarious with good action!

ClockWorkDragon

ClockWorkDragon

King Of Fools

CowBoy did have guns.... and guns are cool.. So i like bebop bettered

I Don't Won't No Trouble

I'm going with Cowboy Bebop for it's jazzy scifi feel, but Samurai Champloo's hip hop historical fiction has grown on me a lot.

fao

I like Cowboy Bebop perferly because I like its music.
I don't like the opening of Samurai Champloo.

I like Samurai Champloo better. OF course the opening isn't great but I like the art.

merged: 02-05-2006 ~ 12:28am
cowboy bebop isn't my favorite but your right the opening is kinda cool

WWLAOS

DOMiT

They're both great series. Cowboy Bebop just oozes "classy style." It's got the jazzy feel, bounty hunters, and space...oh and Faye, too...all of which are awesome. Samurai Champloo oozes something else..."cool style," I suppose I'll call it. It's got fast-paced action, a coherent story (something CB sort-of lacks), and unbounded hillarity...and Fuu...all of which are awesome.

Spike (CB) and Mugen (SC) are dramatic opposites. They're the same type of guy, but they do it in a different way. They're both rogues...handsome, unbelievably-skilled, and have a "badass" feel to them. They also have very similar backstories. But Spike is "smooth" while Mugen is "rough" and in-your-face. Jet (CB) and Jin (SC) are similarly dramaitc opposites. They're the "cool" characters. Logical, composed, and with their own (very similar) backgrounds. But Jet is more of the hard-boiled detective type, while Jin is the honorable warrior. Faye and Fuu are the same way...Faye is wild, compulsive, and scheming...and really pretty, in her own way. Fuu is composed, driven, and needy...and really pretty in her own way. Both have comanding personalities, but they do it in a different way. You can't help but do whatever Fuu asks...you can't refuse to do whatever Faye wants.

The animation styles are different, but the both branch off the same root. The stories, likewise, are different ways of telling the same journey. In Cowboy Bebop, Spike has his quest as the major driving factor of the series, with Jet and Faye having sort of "side-quests" that advance the story in other ways. Samurai Champloo does the same thing, but with Fuu's story as the main driving factor and Mugen and Jin being the extra pop that keeps the pace up.

In the end...I like Samurai Champloo better. It has far better fight scenes...I mean...wow they're awesome. It also has a slightly more coherent storyline. But Cowboy Bebop is awesome. The series, at least...I personally didn't like the CB movie. It was kinda lame. Just my opinion, though.

You see this kind of thing all the time...it invariably ends with eating people. - Dr. Dale L. Reuss

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.