Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Creating Color in Photoshop - Minitokyo

Creating Color in Photoshop

page 1 of 1 7 total items

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

I've tried searching. & tried asking in the photoshop tutorial thread too.

i've always wanted to know how to you make silver or gold color in photoshop? the glitter effect. sometimes i wanna make words in silver but somehow they turn out grey.

is there some color coding to it such tat it can turn out silver when i print? or is there no such possible colors?

i mean on cards u also do see silver colors don't you? or gold for tat matter.

hope someone can help me! thanks alot!

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

oh that is no direct effect, a blend of hue, blur and light effects will produce what u said.
However, I myself never used that.
what I can tell you though is to use the layer style more frequently. On the layers box, you will notice that each layer has a set of options for their style.
Those styles are like normal, overlay,hard light, soft light, screen and so on.
Best I can advise is that u play around the lights effects on the filters. then blur and use those options. there should be at least 4 layers for such texts.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

The thing that distinguishes silver from grey, especially when printing, is that silver is generally more luminous and, well, shiny. You can't just use a flat color, you need to add subtle lighting effects and bits of sparkle and glitter to the color.
Do you have one of those silver jelly pens or markers? Or a card with silver on it? The best way is really to find a sample of what you want to reproduce and use that as a basis.

merged: 01-25-2006 ~ 12:20am
Also note that silver effects on cards and stationary is often reproduced by using foils, which are going to be a lot shinier than the range of colors an ink can reproduce. I would try basing the silver effect on the ink of a silver pen.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8228/dev92vl.gif
after reading what Tama-Neko has mentioned i figured I may have mistaken your words and question, so here is a sample of what i do, is this what you are looking for?

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

polarie

polarie

i not too sure actually... it's like i do see some people creating glitter.. and it looks shimmery & silvery... not really flat tones.. i've tried the various ways using filter, and layer style effects but some how it's not really what i wanted.

i tried looking for tutorials as well but cant seem to find it..

DD it's kinda like what u did.. but it's more sparkly... urs look more like a transparent kinda effect..

so.. i'm still lost.. i've tried using outer glow too.. but the effect is too soft..

Tama-Neko thanks for replyin too.. i understand what u mean by the silver pen thingy.. but i thought i wanna do something on the wallpapers and if so.. i wonder how to create them.. & the part about cards is because sometimes i design bday cards 4 my frens & i print them out.. but den the silver effect couldn't be created...

Signature

I haven't really seen a silvery/gold effect done by Photoshop... but the best thing you can do is probably just to use a light grey color and add small white dots or lights to the color. As you know, you can't get the sparkly effect on a coloring program that you get from real glitter, because as Tama-Neko said real glitter is made from foil, which reflects light.

Hi, I'm a human being. What are you?

polarie

polarie

sigh.. so there's no way? not even for the gold color?

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.