Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Half scans... - Minitokyo

Half scans...

page 1 of 1 4 total items

akai

akai

`Procrastinator` ~ t(_ _ t)

I was browsing through the galleries a while ago, and I noticed there are loads of scans that are in pieces. You know those very large pictures that usually cover 2 (or more) pages on the magazines. =S Wouldn't it be nice if they can join the pieces together as one first before submitting to the gallery?

I don't remember which community it was exactly. I visited the place and over there they encouraged the posters to submit a whole scan instead of multiple submissions of different parts. Will MT do the same? =S

I don't know why I'm writing this... it just came to my mind.

O.o Infestation of Ichigoism o.O

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I find it better to have the scans joined, but if the joined scans exceed the 5000x5000 (or 25 million pixels) limit, then they will have to be compressed to make a somewhat smaller scan that would fit on Minitokyo. I don't encourage non-joined scans because that's a rather biased division and perhaps indicating that one part may be better liked than the other when they both are generally supposed to be linked together. I had to take 2 scans and put them together which required CGing the crease in the middle and matching up the texture of the rest of the scan. It takes work, but it pays off.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

akai

akai

`Procrastinator` ~ t(_ _ t)

Quote by SilentMasamuneI don't encourage non-joined scans because that's a rather biased division and perhaps indicating that one part may be better liked than the other when they both are generally supposed to be linked together.

Ya, exactly. And in some instances, each part of the scan by itself has absolutely no use at all... like one side with 3/4 of a face and the other side with the remaining quarter. I mean what can you do with a 1/4 face when you can hardly even tell who that person is? =S It'd be good if they can just paste the 2 pieces side by side before submission (even if it's without repair).

=S Luckily we don't see people submitting calendar scans in 6-8 parts.

O.o Infestation of Ichigoism o.O

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Tama's guide to scanning magazine spreads
Sadly, I realize that there are perhaps only a dozen or so MT members who actually scan their own magazine spreads to submit.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.