Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 People who "attach" themselves to you... - Minitokyo

People who "attach" themselves to you...

page 1 of 1 5 total items

I have a bit of a problem...I started working about a year ago in a small studio, where it was just my boss, another woman and myself. This other woman is married to my boss' father (second marriage, not my boss' mother). So, we worked together, we talked once in a while, until he once told me that she considered me her friend, and started telling me all of her problems (which btw are A LOT)...she had my phonenumber and celphone just in case, for work related matters, but she started calling me at home to tell me all her problems, started inviting me to her house, to go out shopping and all the things that close friends usually do...she's quite older than me and obviously doesn't have any other friends...and I get why...the woman is totally dense! I accepted some of her invites because I didn't want to haved problems at work and I felt a bit sorry for her, and I tried to be nice but to keep a distance at the same time. She doesn't work here since half a year now, and I feel so much better! She was always talking to me and also asking me how to do her job (she is supposed to know about photoshop but I had to do both her work and mine cos she didn't know how to do most of it). But now it's gotten worse, now she asked me once to skip work to help her do some homework for her Powerpoint class and she wants to get together with MY mother to talk to her about her problems! This is getting a bit out of hand, she calls home almost every day, I have a caller ID and I started screening my calls...I don't call her back, she calls again...she doesn't take a hint...I don't know what to do anymore...I don't want to hurt her feelings (I still feel sorry for her) but it's starting to get creepy! WHat should I do?

I hope you don't think I'm a bad person for this... XO but my patience has a limit...

I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away...

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Explicate the truth openly and honestly... wait, she's a female; thus, irrational... humm... I believe you have dug your own grave.

Impose limits and restriction forcefully, be a man about it, lol.

-repeat-

Everyone has a limit to their patience, and you've got two choices:

1. Ignore her and hope she'll take the hint
2. Tell her what's wrong with this and make her take the hint

happygreendragonfly

happygreendragonfly

The Cheerful Person

Quote by jasaiyajinExplicate the truth openly and honestly... wait, she's a female; thus, irrational... humm... I believe you have dug your own grave.

Impose limits and restriction forcefully, be a man about it, lol.

LOL! I like how you put it! @_@ *squeeze Jasaiyajin to death*

Anyways, here's my two cents.

If she is too dense, she won't take a hint and she will not make a guess! You have to be forward, quit beating around the bushes!

You don't want to hurt her? Well, hon, she's trying to be the spotlight in your life. Simply put, she got you tangle in your underwear! @_@

You have to set a limit! Even if you have to tell her being casual friends is all right, but being close friends is a pain.

DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSHES!

See, that's the problem with most people, they never get to the point! ARGH!

merged: 01-26-2006 ~ 01:25am
Oh BTW... You were irrational to let this happen... >.<

Thanks everyone for the help....
About me being irrational...well, I'm a woman, so according to jasaiyajin, it's quite logical xD.
I will try and talk to her in a rational manner, the thing is she doesn't seem to be rational at all, so we'll see what happens...it's not so easy to tell this kind of things to someone, but I have to "be a man" about it and do it...^^
You people have given me strength! I'll tell you all how it goes...thanks for the help! :)

I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away...

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.