Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Too Many Games? - Minitokyo

Too Many Games?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

I'm all in favour of having fun and whatever else, and I don't generally like people bitching about things. But, has anyone else noticed the absurd amount of game posts going on forums? (Not Gaming, just games...) Seems everytime I come and look at the forum on the home oage, and 4 out of the 6 on there are games whereby you tell something true, or you have to ban the user above you, or you have to tell what your cat had for breakfast...

Should there be a limit to this kind of stuff? Open to general discussion.

You know you don't have to read these threads if you don't like them. People are free to use how they like their time as lonsg as they don't hurt other ones (or misbehave).

I think that since MT is not known to be a site about serious stuff like mathematics, politics... it is not surprising to see that games threads are popular.

Anyway people can also communicate without bringing any information.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Kidder

Kidder

we are fighting dreamers

Actually that's probably a good question. Do your credits increase everytime someone posts in a thread you started? Because [Games] threads could easily be users attempting to gain credits really quickly, since there's usually 100+ replies. Is this possible (question for the Mods and Admins)?

Signature
a big thank you to k1ru for the sweet siggy.

Join Gekkostate now! MT's only Eureka 7 fan group!

-_- In the old MT2, we gained more "points" thanks to posts into our threads that any of our posts written elsewhere.

At the beginning of MT3 , we earn credits by our posts (forum, gallery, reviews) or by posts written in our forum threads but I think we don't earn any credits thanks to that now. Or else they are so insignificant that I don't notice them (1 credit by week ?). I am not sure if this is a bug (well I believe it is but others think it's a new policy to not gain anything with posts).

Some of the games threads, especially the ones with more than 1 000 posts were created before MT3.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

Ah yes, I am a guilty party myself, I started the ever popular Ban the User above you game, which was rather a surprise consider how spammy it was and meaningless it was, I have nothing to say about that, but I must say I noticed an absurd increase in them recently, not mine of course, as i do not start spam threads unless there was a good one I had in mind or planned to be fun with.
In fact, I left two of mine to die, however, it is still being posted in, I have no complaints however.
I think it is better than favorites threads and quiz threads anyway, at least it is an activity. Mine should be before MT3 as well, especially the Doctors Patient game and the Ban the user game.
There has been some other members who find pleasure in posting in them anyway, so I assume it is no big hinder, if one wishes to reply to a meaningful topic, it will be just to search.
One other thing is that MT forum topics can encourage fun and friendship therefore they are there for a reason.
Whereas, with interesting topics yes, but what about the benefits of some members who are relaxed and prefers to play more than discussing hard pressed topics at hand?
We cannot disregard them as well.

Quote by KidderActually that's probably a good question. Do your credits increase everytime someone posts in a thread you started? Because [Games] threads could easily be users attempting to gain credits really quickly, since there's usually 100+ replies. Is this possible (question for the Mods and Admins)?

Since MT does not reveal the exact ways on how to increase credits, I assume it is not the case, nor will it ever be proven otherwise.
I assume it does not, as threads are a topic, u participate to earn credits, not to create participation for others.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

I actually came here about the same thing.

I reckon there should be a seperate category for that as the Chat Lounge is about 90% games.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

You might have noticed, we are going to raise the standard for the Chat Lounge. Some of the really really pointless game threads will also be closed. Also games that are basically duplicates of each other (e.g. guess the gender of the person below you is the same as guess the next person's favorite color, it's the same idea). Even chat lounge threads ought to have some sort of a point to it. So if a thread is there for the sole purpose of posting for nothing more than posting, then it will be closed.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

i don't think it's a bad idea. people could get a few good laughs while playing the game threads.

Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.