Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Best Anime 1st Episodes - Minitokyo

Best Anime 1st Episodes

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 102 total items

Hello all, forgive me is this thread has been started somewhere else, but I'm new.

I'm curious as to what you all think is the best anime opening episode. I mean what anime do you think was set up the best. Of course for many people, after they see the first episode or not is the decider whether to watch it again.

For me, I was very impressed with how Full Metal Alchemist opened :D. It went straight into action, and didn't explain right away what was happening, so it left the audience wanting to know more. Also, there was no waste in time, introducing characters or setting - it gradually unravels as you watch the show and you can deduce it yourself, rather than have is spoon fed to you what is going on *cough* Inuyasha *cough*.

Other anime openings I liked were Trigun and Orphen - too bad I found Orphen to weaken as the story progessed.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

Berserk. the first episode is kind of the last episode ;o;(of course i didn't know that till i watched the whole serie) that's unfair...on the other hand, i think it's a very good idea cuz you wanna watch more and more to see how it ends, tho^^

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

I agree with FMA, but I also liked the first episodes of Naruto and Mai-Hime. They both went into explosive action, introducing the type of battles to come. The majority of good anime, in my opinion, start slowly, with maybe a little introductory battles.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

I actually found D.N. Angel's opening to be pretty good. Especially at the end when the cliff-hanger ending appeared. I was like "what the?" and then I said "I need to watch the next episode"

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Last Exile. The first five minutes of the anime absolutely got me hooked. I went in not knowing what to expect, and after just five minutes of flying battleships duking it out in the midst of a horrific storm, I knew I had to watch the rest of the series then and there.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Gungrave had a really good first episode... but my hands-down all-time favorite has to be from Hikaru no Go. Man. I was so excited, and all they did was play Go.

I think Erementar Gerad and Blood+ have good first episodes, they both end just as the main character is about to begin fighting for the first time.

Big thanks goes to Devildude for the sig. Master told me that there are two kinds of human beings in the world, those that are blessed and those that are not. Everyone wants to be blessed ones but...That's not the way the world is! I've tried and tried to be the first kind but i think god's already decided how my life will be. Now as one of those who have not been blessed i'm ready and willing to walk down any kind of dark path my path my life leads me to, with a smile on my face.Ares http://www.TheMafiaBoss.com/?refer=trug
Signature

Jalopie

Jalopie

Right Meow Please

I would have to say Trigun. Its just a really funny episode and really shows the 2 different personalities of Vash right away.

Signature
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)> be very proud if you earn my dancing kirbies
Meow, Meow, Kitty, Kitty

I was instantly hooked by InuYasha's first episode and also Fullmetal Alchemist's first also. InuYasha because he's a half-demon and FMA because well there was blood and pain when they were just boys...I-LIKE-THAT! Woo woo woo! And also how real FMA was but also carrying the feel like nah that could never happen and yet only in Anime can it happen and be greater than anything else in the world. WOOOOOOOO! XD

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

I started watching Inuyasha from about episode 10 :P I know great place to start a series, but I got hooked on it none the less, just as the series progressed it kind of lost my interest - that is compared to other series

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

tanteikun

tanteikun

Kawaikunai!

Ummmn, detective conan, I remember the first 5 minutes, Shinichi actually solved a case already
However, others on the list: Densha Otoko (DRAMA), FMA, Galaxy Express 999, Kenshin,

Signature
Shinjutsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu

Invincible

Invincible

Angel and Sierras Guardian

Last Exile.God when you see the first you want to watch all.Also detective conan has a good 1st episode.

Signature

Never fight with the Invincible

First episode of Sukisyo was really good. I fell for that serie straight away.

Master Raenef,so cute! <

NoirTrue

NoirTrue

The Soldats are in the shadows

Elfen Lied had an awesome 1st ep. Eva was good too
I'm also going to go with Noir and Bubblegum Crisis 2040

Stupid adult that doesn't know how to grow up--Naota

The Soul Taker it had Kyoske Dante stabed returned to life and transform into a devil like mutant all with a kick ass soundtrack.

samurai champloo..1st ep made me watch all others =)

i think school rumble was great

D.N.Angel for me. first ep got me hooked on the whole series and it didn't dissapoint. although it didn't really follow the manga i think.

anyone seen "tenjou tenge"? Great 1st chapter, and the whole serie too

Tenjou Tenge was good , but i think for me was Dragon Ball. I mean , i saw the 1st episode when i was just a kid and i still remember, just Goku and Buruma, and at the end of the episode you get on count that a great and long adventure is about to start.

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

School Rumble 4 Ever!

Signature

PhoenixNox

PhoenixNox

Psychotic Ender

the first episode of rahxephon confused me and made me want to watch the rest to understand it. sadly, i still dont get it.

for manga, i read the first chapter of death note as a preview in shonen jump and was immediately hooked.

r e v o l u t i o n | c o n v o l u t i o n | e x s p e c t a t i o n | d e s p e r a t i o n
Signature
Halo-2|TheGrungeFamily|doujin-arena|doujinshi-support-club|death-note|TheBattleRoom

Yakitake!Japan. XD Even though it's so mild for what the series becomes.... Yakitake!Japan.

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Blood+, I re-watched this episode about three times before watching the next episodes.

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 102 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.