Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do dreams have any significance? - Minitokyo

Do dreams have any significance?

page 1 of 1 14 total items

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

I noticed that no one had made a thread on this (if someone has, then I apologise), but what does everyone think about dreams?

I myself think that dreams just reflect what we are thinking, and what's on our subconscience. But sometimes I get the feeling that they can show you the future. Lately, I've been getting alot of Deja-Vu instances, where I get the feeling that I've seen what I've just seen in a past forgotten dream.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

i personally don't think dreams have much signifigance:

1. you usually forget them when you wake up
2. they're just too friggin' weird to make any sense

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

exilednihilist

exilednihilist

Exiled Nihilist

Lol, I some what have to agree with Sekiryuu, when we do remember a dream, it doesn't make since to us anyway, but at the point and time of the dream it might have. I guess dreams allow us to answer questions we never knew we had.. but in doing so isn't that pointless if after the questions are answered we just forget it, sure it'll be in our subconscience somewhere, but we couldn't access it willingly.. so would it really serve a purpose anyway?

We are stuck in the dream of an insomniac

nejika

nejika

sry not active as i use to be

Maybe, it does but I dun like to think about it much. But if I remember my dreams I'll obsessed abt my dreams such as when I have dream abt one of my family who have been already died I think that she's want us to pray for her...well,

Signature
"artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
------->>Currently Inactive

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

I doubt dreams have any significance. At least I know my dreams have no significance; I forget most of them and ones I do remember are completely nonsensical.

Finalzero0000

Ninja Commander

According to what I heard in the science field at the moment of this post, the possibility of dreams being significant is ambiguous. I know that some of my dreams share similarities with life and my thoughts. Some times my dreams can be somewhat different.

Dreams have no mythical significance as some might think, but they indeed have a great biological significance.
When we are sleeping we go through short different states of sleep repeatingly (low sleep, deep sleep, dream sleep, and and some other i forgot).
The dreaming sleep ist the most important one. Without it we wouldnt only be physical wracks, but also we would become mentaly insane. In our dreams we reflect emotions and happening that happened during the day. Usually we forget about what we dream about. The only we to remember our dreams is to wake up when we are in the dreaming sleep state at the moment. That rarely happens because its the state hardest to wake up from.
The dreaming sleeping state is the highest state of mentaly and phsically regeneration and therefor it has a high biological significance.

My dreams are created to entertain me and that's all. I think the root of that truth comes from the fact that I don't nightmare. I know from experience that once you reach a curtain age the ability to control your dreams is given to you...I never accepted this and so am not in control of my dreams...and it is KICK F*CKING ASS! I love my dreams and never want to be in control of them. When I was younger when the option to be in control of my dreams wasn't yet offered to me I wanted them to help me out like all normal dreams do like when I lost something and couldn't remember where I had put it. Like a disk I lost one day while ogling the guy I had a crush on one day but I never dreamed about it but then I found it anyway.

All I can say man is that if you want to have precog dreams to NOT be in control of them later in life...forgo that ability and dream like a child...it's great.

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Kuro-kun15

Kuro-kun15

:Solitary Heart:

I think dreams are there to confuse us and make up scientific questions that confuse us even more and to make us think about them for no reason...Or...OR MAYBE IT COULD BE ANOTHER WORLD! And we are like...watching them...But if it is...Are they watching us?....DUN DUN DUN! O_O MOO!

Signature
Thanks to lunagata for the siggy and avy! ^^!

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

Lol, break the tension. I don't quite think that dreams reveal another world (unless its the world of your mind?).

I myself have never heard of the ability to control dreams. I've certainly tried to choose what I dream, but it doesn't really work. Well actually, if I sleep early unintentionally, then I usually have a dream.

But I'm really interested in the things that Mephisto2K brought up, I've never heard of a biological significance before.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

Some of my dreams have come true...not as in a mushy way, meaning i have dreams about events and they happen..
Dreams do hav significance though...i dreamed that i hugged someone..from then on i hav liked him more and i feel if he does something bad i look bak on the dream and feel better :P Sounds so stupid but its true.
I dont base everyday on my dreams though :P Or think its a major part of life hahaha.

\(^o^)/

Traize

Traize

Design Student

FINALLY! Someone who gets Deja Vu from their dreams!

This happens to me a lot, I'm going about my life, *wham* Deja Vu & I just know, its just there in Black & White, I saw that in a dream, usually months or sometimes a year or so in advance, & I completely forgot the moment I woke up...

More than that I can't say, I'm just a little insane I spose ;)

Signature
Dick Van Dyke is my Chuck Norris

llxcharlenexll

llxcharlenexll

Love Me For Me

actually i kyokujitsu it shows out future but we do forget our dreams when we wake up but when our dreams came true we can somehow remember we had this dream this happened to me several times and so i believe in my dreams

Wermp

Friendly Neighborhood Navy Nuke.

Quote by TraizeFINALLY! Someone who gets Deja Vu from their dreams!

This happens to me a lot, I'm going about my life, *wham* Deja Vu & I just know, its just there in Black & White, I saw that in a dream, usually months or sometimes a year or so in advance, & I completely forgot the moment I woke up...

More than that I can't say, I'm just a little insane I spose ;)

I have talked with some friends on this very issue, and in my opion think you have a solid statement. I have ran into more than my share of these deja vu instances and sometimes it really makes me stop in my tracks. I go and do something, and BAM its like I have already been there and done it even if I have never carried out that action.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.