Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime/Manga deja vu - Minitokyo

Anime/Manga deja vu

page 1 of 1 4 total items

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

This question is for anyone who has ever had that feeling that some characters, events, etc. in that anime/manga are almost exactly alike. For instance you know a two characters from two different anime/manga series that have such similar personality or traits that you coucld've sworn one was the reincarnation of the other. Yup, that's deja vu for ya folks......

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true."
- Robert Wilensky

I get that alot, Enigma, because the truth is that there's a lot of similarities. A lot of contemporary anime draw upon the same proven trends, characters, etc. to sell more. I mean, what differentiates Ai Yori Aoshi from Love Hina besides some plot devices, locations, and characters?

There really are a lot of similarities... like every Gundam series... :-P

enigma444444

enigma444444

Hallucinating

Quote by RoqueI get that alot, Enigma, because the truth is that there's a lot of similarities. A lot of contemporary anime draw upon the same proven trends, characters, etc. to sell more. I mean, what differentiates Ai Yori Aoshi from Love Hina besides some plot devices, locations, and characters?
There really are a lot of similarities... like every Gundam series... :-P

Heh, good point on the Gundam series stuff, they recycled so many ideas like the appearance of gundam, uniforms, etc.

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the internet, we know this is not true."
- Robert Wilensky

Gundam's basically a reincarnating idea... ^_~

Ironically enough... It's good to be evil.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.