Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ugh! Do people even consider IGPX Anime? - Minitokyo

Ugh! Do people even consider IGPX Anime?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

I have got to know. Many sites I frequent don't have a page for this show (this community included if I'm not mistaken). IGPX = Immortal Grand Prix. Comes on during the Toonami block on Cartoon Network @ 10:30. Directed/Produced/whatever'd by the same person who did the same on Ghost in the Shell. Let me say that again: Ghost-in-the-Shell. One more time for those who didn't hear: Ghost...in the...Shell.

If you ask me, if something is even remotely tied to GitS it should get some sort of attention. But that's not the half of it. The show is great on its own merit! It's well animated, CG and hand-drawn work. It's has great characters that break from the architypal standard in appriciable ways. Most importantly, the story is interesting, though it hasn't gone places that I haven't imagined.

Please, post thoughts about IGPX and not other shows in the block (we all know the televised version of One Piece doesn't do the original justice and that Naruto still rocks in English).

Oh, and do any of you consider IGPX (Immortal Grand Prix) anime?

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

MT creates gallery categories not because it's "anime" or "not anime." The qualification of any series for its own category is whether there is a sufficient number of gallery submissions under that series's title, be it scans, walls, doujins, vectors, etc. If there are no submissions, or if there are only very few submissions, then a series would not justify having its own dedicated category created.

Of course, MT is anime oriented, but that is not a consideration in creating new categories.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Thanks for the the official word EP, but that still leaves my main question unanswered, which was if people considered it anime. Lots of people I talk to claim they haven't even heard of it...

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

I guess you could consider IGPX an anime. Or maybe its more of a hybrid since its was created by both Japanese and American parties. Doesn't really matter to me but I guess I'd call it an anime just to make things simple.

Oh yeah IGPX is a pretty good show. I just wished they had added more to the story/characters.

I personally think it to be an anime.

At first, I thought it was gonna be boring, but after the end of the first season, I was totally amazed on how well the characters and action are designed.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.