Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 FMA - Jap vrs Eng anime - Minitokyo

FMA - Jap vrs Eng anime

Tagged under Fullmetal Alchemist

What do you prefer - Jap or Eng of FMA?

Jap - The English voice actors just aren't as good
11 votes
Jap - you just know you are getting the whole story
12 votes
Jap - Just because
6 votes
Eng - Just because
1 votes
Eng - I like being able to understand the language as I watch
1 votes
Eng - It was transcribed quite well
3 votes

Only members can vote.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

I'm sorry. Take this as being extremely biased. But no. NO. The english version = killage!

Yes, there are some animes preferable in English, or at least tolerable. But not this one, in my opinion. FMA got slaughtered.

yamichi

yamichi

Winry Cosplayer

Much prefer the Japanese as yes you do get the whle story....and I prefer the voice actors.

You will not be able to sleep, so why don't you just stay awake

I heard Hoenheim's voice for the first time the other day - I was devestated! I have gotten way to accustomed to his Jap voice - plus it doesn't help that I've heard the English voice actor do other characters as well - it just isn't the same! :(

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

Kasuga14

Kasuga14

Mashi-Neko Chan

Damn, I puke so much at the english, its really crappy, the japanese is way better. Theres just countless flaws to the english dubbed. Why the hell can't america just settle with Japanese audio and subs?

JAP! I think I prefer jap for anything that's anime, because you really can't beat originals.

I definitely preferred subbed over dubbed any day in any animes. I always like the orginial version if i have to pick, except of course there is this whole language barrier which forces people like me who dont understand japanese to read in another language for manga(s). :(

I heard slips of the english version of FMA on the Cartoon Network site..and i have to say they tried. At least, they are putting effort into making a quality dubbed for such a worthy anime series. I would personally be shattered if the dubbed job was anything like what Funanimation did to Shaman King. *cough cough.

The english version was decent but i feel that they failed to make any impact in terms of voicing the characters emotions deep enough. Vic Mignogna was good but he failed in comparsion to the expressive voice of Romi Paku as Edward Elric. Though i dont understand Japanese, but i could literally hear Ed's voice done by the seiyuu quiver with emotions, just setting the mood of the scene perfectly. ^.^

Al's voice in english is here pretty decent and similiar to the orginal voice. But again i personally preferr Rie Kugimiya's protrayal of Al better. She can just take the innocent voice from light tone to dark and serious , again adding another layer to the depth of Al's perosonality. Of cuz, maybe its just because Kugimiya is more experienced in voice acting. :P

Generally I frowned through the english clips, overall the english voices just sounded so forced. Besides dubbed version always have many things lost in them through the translations in order to fit the dialogue better. And yet again many small elements of the anime is lost in translations...losing a lot of the anime.

most of the english version are awful.... i prefer see anime in his original lenguaje because its lose so much in the traslation ......

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 31 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.